HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Smyth and Scott Hannan at the draft

Old
06-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Shogun_ View Post
The Sharks are paying Thornton 7+ million to choke in the playoffs. Not once, not twice, but thrice.
Lol. Comin up dry on finding new material?

We all have our traditions, and I'd rather have JT than the two of them. Hanners has lost a lot of mobility and Smyth doesn't provide the playmaking ability Thornton does.

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 01:56 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bridge View Post
Alluvasudden that 2007 Free Agent Frenzy doesn't look so good for ol' Colorado? Lil Rocky Mountain High goin 'round there eh?

Now we really know why everyone is smiling. The two guys in jerseys because they're getting away with robbery and the guy in the middle because he got duped and is now shut of the job.
gloat when you've won a cup there, bucko. oh wait, you never will with Thornton and Marleau.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bridge View Post
Lol. Comin up dry on finding new material?

We all have our traditions, and I'd rather have JT than the two of them. Hanners has lost a lot of mobility and Smyth doesn't provide the playmaking ability Thornton does.
Not too many players in the league do. If Thornton had half of Smyths heart, the Sharks would have more success. You're stuck with No Show Joe.

Smyths contract isn't the greatest, but I'm glad we have him.

Burnaby_Joe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
gloat when you've won a cup there, bucko. oh wait, you never will with Thornton and Marleau.
No gloating here cochise, I do recall how hard up Colorado fans were when they signed these two. You would have thought they were gonna win the cup! Still no goalie though =c Theodore might be available! Sillysiders rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Shogun_ View Post
Not too many players in the league do. If Thornton had half of Smyths heart, the Sharks would have more success. You're stuck with No Show Joe.

Smyths contract isn't the greatest, but I'm glad we have him.
I'm glad you have him too! More success? Quite possibly. I'm glad JT is on the Sharks. I'm hopin' the sting of wilting in the playoff sun like so many dandelions in summer will stick with him all the way through to next June, but time will tell if he learned anything from this year.

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote