HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-LA

Old
06-05-2009, 01:04 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalum View Post
From Garrioch today (yeah yeah I know..take it with a grain of salt). The reason for the Kings wanting to dump Johnson.....he wants $5.5 mil a year for 4 years.

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock...82771-sun.html
Note: if this is true.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Enjoy Russia JJ

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
From Garrioch today (yeah yeah I know..take it with a grain of salt). The reason for the Kings wanting to dump Johnson.....he wants $5.5 mil a year for 4 years.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Omni Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderin Murphy View Post
Precisely.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 02:08 PM
ukyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
OT (and stupid question) - how did JJ become an RFA so fast when he only played 5 games in the 2006/07 season? So that means playing even those few games burned a year off his entry level contract?
That is correct.

Since Dean Lombardi can't do this, I'll do it for him:

I HAVE to believe that that rumour is false. Johnson couldn't possibly in his right mind think he's worth Mike Green / Shea Weber money. And if these rumours are true, holy crap man, fire your damn motor sports agent and get a real hockey agent!!

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 02:12 PM
FruityPants3*

Ahh I get it. JJ is this year's Pitkanen, and replace Flyers fans with LA fans.

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
OT (and stupid question) - how did JJ become an RFA so fast when he only played 5 games in the 2006/07 season? So that means playing even those few games burned a year off his entry level contract?
He would have lost a year even if he didn't play. He was 20 years old when he signed his 1st contract. If he was 18 or 19 it would have been automatically extended for 1 year. If he would have signed it after the conclusion of the 2006-07 season it would have made the contract expire in 2009-10. One of the stipulations included in signing with the Kings was that Johnson become an RFA 1 year sooner.

Captain Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Wait, Salo is injury prone?

This rumor DEFINITELY has legs!

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Quote:

Ahahahahahahaha.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 07:22 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
hansen really doesn't get much love around here, with all these professional scouts posting...

hansen is and will be a good player. he should be getting a consistent shot next year, and he'll play very well...

personally, i see him and kesler ending up clicking

andora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
ok lets see if I understand this.

Trade our only good puck moving defense man, and arguably our best defense man, + One of our more decent prospects.

For an Above average young prospect?.

If I was Vancouver i would not even look at this deal seriously.
And for LA I don't see why they would do this considering the time there putting in with jack.

Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 07:45 PM
StrictlyCommercial

Brochu is hockey is NOT a legitimate source... this is more of a proposal than a rumour.

StrictlyCommercial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Kingswinitall

Send a message via MSN to Kingswinitall
horrible deal. JJ is a great player and even if we are having problems with his contarct then at least trade for players who have a little value.

Kingswinitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 10:15 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingswinitall View Post
horrible deal. JJ is a great player and even if we are having problems with his contarct then at least trade for players who have a little value.
you don't think Salo and Hansen have any value?

this trade would never happen because there's no way that Salo would waive his NTC anyways.... but even if he did, I don't consider this deal at all if the rumours of Johnson's salary demands are true... and given those rumours, until he actually agrees to a contract, I don't think many teams would be that interested in him at all... simply put you're not going to get much value back for Johnson demanding $5+mill/yr and already showing every sign of being a problem player to deal with.

If he wants $5+mill/yr, I wouldn't trade Hansen straight up for him let alone adding Salo, who is a significantly better dman right now, though injury-prone... but at $3.5mill/yr he exceeds the value of his contract.... at $5+mill/yr for Johnson right now, he brings down his own asset value considerably... if those are his demands, I'd rather throw $6+mill/yr at JBo on the open market than give up assets to sign a guy who's no where near as good right now... I'm sure every team in the league would do the same!

I'd love to add JJ to the Canucks, if we're getting a young dman on a controllable contract that won't hurt your cap situation... that's the real value of young players though... young players with high potential who are getting paid for their potential right now and not their current worth, these players aren't worth as much in today's cap league.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 09:52 AM
crazycanuck

If this speculation that J. Johnson is wanting 5.5M per season and is threatening to go play in the KHL is true, I would think he doesn't have much trade value. The guy hasn't really done much to impress yet either, his career high is 11 pts in 41 games, and he's shown to be a bit of a headcase. If Lombardi wants to trade him he'll have to take what he can get, and I doubt it'll be more than a 2nd tier prospect and a mid to late rd pick.

crazycanuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 11:20 AM
illogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingswinitall View Post
Great first post.

illogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 11:25 AM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
CKNW and Brochu are reporting a rumor that the Nucks and Kings are working on a deal that looks something like this:

To LA:
Sami Salo
Rights to Jannik Hansen

To VAN:
Jack Johnson

I personally would love this from a Vancouver pov but I doubt it would take this little to get JJ unless he has told them he wants out.

http://brochuishockey.blogspot.com/2...ne-2-2009.html
to the guy who wrote this article and started this horrid rumor

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote