HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-Tor

Old
06-04-2009, 10:05 PM
Torgo

vCash: 500
I was going to say more, but I changed my mind. Facepalm x100000000.

Torgo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 10:06 PM
surshot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leafinator View Post
You actually think you could get any 45 point dman for your 7th overall. Get a grip.

surshot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 10:07 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by surshot View Post
Yeah because Burke has never made a bad trade or made a bad move he is best GM in the NHL. And he does not drink but when does he drinks a lot. Because he is the most interesting GM in the universe.

This trade would not happen from an Oiler stand point at all even with out the tenth pick.
I'm not saying that Burke is a brilliant GM. I don't think he's a brilliant GM. I'm saying that he isn't exactly known for acquiring players like Robert freakin' Nilsson. Neither of the players in the proposal are likely to grab Burke's attention right now.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 10:08 PM
dubey
Registered Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okposofan21 View Post
very fair trade. i think toronto should give up more though.
I don't think we have enough. First overall should do it though IMO

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 10:08 PM
grabo84

Quote:
You actually think you could get any 45 point dman for your 7th overall. Get a grip.
Wait - so you agree that Kaberle should get a top ten pick? I mean, he always scores at a 50 point pace.

Old
06-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
ya we have a ton of 45 point type defensmen, what we don't have is a player to build around

So no dice

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 10:14 PM
re5piration
'67 til

Quote:
Certainly not Gilbert This is a deep year. The potential of the players projected to go in the top 10 have higher potential alone than Gilbert, and thus younger players with potential have more value to rebuilding teams. Therefore, the 7th overall > Gilbert.

Also, we already have a soft, and bettter PMD. His name is Tomas Kaberle.

The Leafs overrate the 7th because it's essential in adding quality to our thin cupboard of prospects. 26 year old PMD aren't needs as we have plenty of defencemen and have one in the pipes named Anton Stralman.

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 10:18 PM
grabo84

All we really have to remember about Gilbert is that he's the one Oilers fans throw into proposals over Grebeshkov. Believe me, there's a reason for that.

Old
06-04-2009, 10:22 PM
re5piration
'67 til

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
All we really have to remember about Gilbert is that he's the one Oilers fans throw into proposals over Grebeshkov. Believe me, there's a reason for that.
True

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 10:26 PM
surshot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Tell me this reason smart guy? You ever think its because Gilbert is worth more. Is that hard to figure out. The OP makes bad proposals everyday so don't think Tambo is going to follow his advice. If we are trading Gilbert its for a top line forward not a 7th overall pick. If he even gets traded in the first place. Call him soft all you want the fact is he has alot of cache in the market place if you ask someone who would like a puck moving Dman that can easily put up 50 points if he was playing on any teams top two D.

Old
06-04-2009, 10:41 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

This whole thread is a troll! Come on guys they want to get us going, and you certainly are obliging.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 10:43 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Tell me this reason smart guy? You ever think its because Gilbert is worth more. Is that hard to figure out. The OP makes bad proposals everyday so don't think Tambo is going to follow his advice. If we are trading Gilbert its for a top line forward not a 7th overall pick. If he even gets traded in the first place. Call him soft all you want the fact is he has alot of cache in the market place if you ask someone who would like a puck moving Dman that can easily put up 50 points if he was playing on any teams top two D.
Sure. You might have a shot at a deal similar to the one Pittsburgh pulled off in trading Whitney. That doesn't mean he has much value to a rebuilding Toronto team that already has too many offensive D, and too few draft picks.

Old
06-04-2009, 10:44 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Maybe you need to get a grip. It's called team needs. We have zero use for Gilbert. Let me illustrate why Kaberle, Kubina, MVR, White, Schenn, Finger with Frogen and Stralman in the AHL who are NHL ready. Where exactly would we fit him in nevermind the fact the 3 of the current NHL roster dmen are offensive. Would the Oilers trade their tenth for Kaberle? Although their pick is less valuable it's still makes about as much sense because they have no use for him.

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 10:44 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th4thurt View Post
Gagner or bust.
No way you'd get Gagner for 7th overall. I think Gilbert alone would be worth it.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 10:45 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
No way you'd get Gagner for 7th overall. I think Gilbert alone would be worth it.
look up for a break down

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Tyler Myers

Quote:
look at the value given to kaberle on these boards...

the deal is pretty decent value-wise, but i am not sure they need

kaberle + kubina + Van Ryn

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 10:59 PM
S2S
Come at me bros

That's like us offering Kaberle and Stajan for 4th Overall. Would Atlanta accept that? I doubt it.

S2S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 11:01 PM
surshot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Maybe you need to get a grip. It's called team needs. We have zero use for Gilbert. Let me illustrate why Kaberle, Kubina, MVR, White, Schenn, Finger with Frogen and Stralman in the AHL who are NHL ready. Where exactly would we fit him in nevermind the fact the 3 of the current NHL roster dmen are offensive. Would the Oilers trade their tenth for Kaberle? Although their pick is less valuable it's still makes about as much sense because they have no use for him.
Thats fine lets all agree that this is not happening. Thats all i was saying. No need to rip on Gilbert there is zero chance he gets traded for the 7th pick. I am just responding to the rip job on Gilbert and could not care about Kaberle so why he is even mentioned is beyond me. Toronto and Edmonton are bad trading partners anyways as they are looking for what our teams do not have. In fact we are probably in direct Competition for moving up into the top five for that elite player so let the real games begin.

Old
06-04-2009, 11:02 PM
surshot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
look up for a break down
Still do not get Gags for the 7th.

Old
06-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Nizdizzle
The Shanaplan.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Seems Kaberle can't get get anything more than the 25th overall, so is this some sort of double standard?

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 11:06 PM
grabo84

Quote:
there is zero chance he gets traded for the 7th pick.
Agreed.

Old
06-04-2009, 11:08 PM
mikeo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
I cant believe how people write off Gilbert. Its unbelievable. If you read these boards, you'd have think that Tambellini probably couldnt give Gilbert away.

Gilbert and Nilsson is probably pretty close to getting this deal done. Throw in a 2nd and I think Burke would have to give it consideration. He has said explicitly that the goal is to get the Buds into the playoffs next year. What gets them closer: a line up with Gilbert and Nilsson or one with a 1st round pick not playing in the NHL?
It gets us about a millimetre closer. Burke wants to make the playoffs, but he isn't going to give up our best future asset for a marginal improvement.

mikeo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Do Leaf Homers actually think that a 7th overall pick is worth more than a 45 point/ 4 million dollar for 5 years/ 26 year old D-man in his 2nd season playing 2nd pairing minutes with 2nd pairing PP time? (I know an Oiler fan made the OP but this is directed at the comments)

And no Gagner will not be moved for the pick either, get over it.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 11:14 PM
grabo84

So you think Kaberle is worth a 7th overall pick as well?

Old
06-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Skelator 786*

Gilbert is overrated by Edmonton fans. Even more so than Toronto with their Kaberle.

He isn't worth a 7th overall pick in such a deep draft.

Skelator 786* is offline   Reply With Quote