HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Antropov on the open market

Old
06-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
The Sedins'
Sedin - Sedin - Kovalchuck
would be a force, and could single handedly get them into the playoffs
how is kovalchuk all of a sudden a RW?

anyway i'd love it if we got the sedin's. we would go from lacking a top 6 player to having a surplus and possibly be able to jettison white in a packege for a top 4 d-man but somehow i don't see that happening

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 01:16 PM
projexns
Welcome Back Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
they have the cap space, and the excitment that it would genreate could get Kovi to resign, and put some more people in the stands
I'd see it as revy realistic, and a great investment
There's no way the Thrashers are geting Ovechkin.

Oh wait a minute, your're talking about Antropov.........

projexns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 01:48 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
The point is that he'll produce around 3 points for every 4 games he plays; and when he doesn't; somebody else is likely producing in his place..... so you can generalize that as a 60 point pace.
But that's not true. You're taking a sampling from the past two years, and completely dismissing the other seven years of his career. Two year samples are well and good if you've only been in the league for 2 years, but he's a 9 year veteran. If you look at his career numbers, he averages out to 47 points over an 82 game season. Based on your rationale, you can make assumptions on just about every player in the league that would pump them up to be better than they are. Pace means nothing if you never actually hit that number, which in Antropov's case, is exactly the case. He's been on pace for 60 points a bunch of years, but not once has hit it, and not once has he topped 30 goals. So no, you can't generalize that in terms of what his value is, because he's never actually achieved it. I said it before, just because Chuck Kobasew has been on pace for 25 goals the past two seasons doesn't mean that he could say he's a 25 goal scorer when it comes time to negotiate a contract.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 06:01 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Only a fool would give him 4 mill or more. He's not worthy of anything above 3.5 mill. But that doesn't mean he won't get more than that.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 10:43 PM
baton elevated

It's amusing to see a player that barely garnered a late 2nd draft pick clumpped in with contacts of 3.5 to 4.5 mil a year. Don't get me wrong I like big Nic but there was a lot of flaming going on before the trade deadline suggesting he wasn't worth a 1st round pick. The money being throw'n around now suggests that he is worth more than that. Espescially since he was the Ranger's best forward the last 20 games of the year. If your team could draft a player with his credentials for a mid to late round draft pick I think you would take every time. Just goes to show how under valued some players are just because they are x-leafs. By the way there are now 5 x-leafs as head coaches in the NHL.

baton elevated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 02:30 AM
blankspace6

Quote:
Originally Posted by projexns View Post
There's no way the Thrashers are geting Ovechkin.

Oh wait a minute, your're talking about Antropov.........
He's talking about the Sedins.

blankspace6 is offline   Reply With Quote