HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHLís 30 in 30: Los Angeles Kings

Old
06-14-2015, 01:07 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:

Good morning (either early morning or late night, depending on what timezone you're in), Kings fans!

I've been doing a series called NHL's 30 in 30, where I take a look at every team's 2014-15 season, what their off-season entails and what could happen at the draft for them. Each day, I cover one team and yesterday's piece was on the Los Angeles Kings.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/06/...angeles-kings/

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing these and congrats on the Monarchs win! Best of luck to you folks in the 2015-16 season.

Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2015, 01:42 AM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

vCash: 500
Pretty good write up. Just want to mention that Regehr retired after the season closer at Staples.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2015, 12:07 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

It's ok. I learned a little bit of the names in regard to the draft section, but I don't follow prospects, college kids, or draftees too closely. Here are my comments on the article.

1. I've loaded it two times, and the server takes a long time for the article to come up. Plus, I get the spinning icon continuously in my browser (Chrome). You may want to talk to your provider about what is going on with the server.

2. Most Kings fans know most of what was written. I think the article was meant mostly for non-Kings fans or casual fans of the sport.

3. Alec Martinez and Jake Muzzin are not in the same class as defensemen. I would put Jake Muzzin as a top-2 blue liner on the team, with Alec Martinez being in the bottom-2 (presently).

4. The projected Cap is $71.5 MM (max), but some have predicted it lower than that. With $64.1 MM committed, that makes less than $7 MM available for UFAs, not "just over $9 million to spend on the cap."

5. No mention in the article is made at the Kings' attempts to sign Sekera. Given that, Joel Ward and/or Matt Beleskey are out of reach. No way that happens, as Lombardi will have to be going after another defenseman to fill the void.

Overall, not a bad summary, but you probably needed to do a little more homework to make it accurate.

06-14-2015, 02:26 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
Good morning (either early morning or late night, depending on what timezone you're in), Kings fans!
Good morning Mr. Skorpion!

Boba Fettuccine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2015, 10:22 AM
apadilla

A lot of what he wrote was spot on. AMart was excelling in a top 4 role, the team had just won 8 straight, but then he got concussed and that helped send the team into a death spiral. Proof of his excelling in a top 4 role was AMart getting his 4M a year contract.

But I don't agree with the Schultz comment. If he is filling out a depth role, this team is missing the playoffs. Forbort on the other hand, had better make the team, or he's lost.

apadilla is offline   Reply With Quote