HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The line juggling must stop!

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2004, 12:54 PM
Subban Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
CJ must find his line combinations quick cuz the playoffs are coming . For the players, its so hard to find some chemistry and god knows how important it is in the playoffs. So what line up CJ should settled? Heres mine:

Bulis-KOivu-Zed
Kovalev-Ribs-ryder
Bégin-Dowd-Ward
Sunny-Juneau-Dacks

In my world, we dont need perrault or Dagenais in our line up. Perrault could be brought in once in a while but only for 4th line duty and power play.

I'd prefer those lines...

Perreault-Koivu-Zednik
Kovalev-Ribeiro-Ryder
Bégin-Dowd-Bulis
Langdon/Dackell/Sundstrom-Juneau-Ward

Old
03-25-2004, 12:54 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Line juggling is far less of a culprit for last night's loss than poor effort by les boys. If all had gone according to plan and the team whooped some Buffalo butts last night and clinched that playoff spot, CJ would have been a genius for his "creative" use of our forwards while giving some well earned rest to other key players.

C'mom, didn't matter about the linemates, most guys took the night off and Buffalo wanted it a ton more than we did. And that is not surprising considering they are playing for their playoff lives, and even winning all their remaning games may not be enough.
Im not blaming the loss on the line juggling. Im just thinking that since the playoffs are near, i think that CJ should settle his line up quick so they could work some chemistry.

Old
03-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Perrault is like Zholtok. They score goals but they are slow and soft, Lemaire knew that he didnt need that kind of player in his team so they traded him. You simply dont win anything with that kind of player.
Strange but Lemaire acquired Zholtok and went to the Stanley Cup final with him. He traded him this year and the Wild won't make the playoff...Strange don't you think, you would expect the Wild to make the playoff WITHOUT Zholtok, no?

And the Leafs are full of gritty players but they never win, how come?

Old
03-25-2004, 01:22 PM
jcpenny

Leafs are always old and Gaborik played with zholtok if i remember well. Anyways lets see what happens for the last 5 games but i wouldnt have perrault on my first line no matter how well he does. Good news is that he'll be gone at the end of the year so as Juneau,quintal,dacks,maybe sunny which garantie us a better team already.

Old
03-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Leafs are always old and Gaborik played with zholtok if i remember well. Anyways lets see what happens for the last 5 games but i wouldnt have perrault on my first line no matter how well he does. Good news is that he'll be gone at the end of the year so as Juneau,quintal,dacks,maybe sunny which garantie us a better team already.
See, teams can win with soft players and can loose with gritty players. What you need is a good combination.

I agree with you for next season but sunny must go to.

Old
03-25-2004, 01:33 PM
tritone

Quote:
CJ must find his line combinations quick cuz the playoffs are coming . For the players, its so hard to find some chemistry and god knows how important it is in the playoffs. So what line up CJ should settled? Heres mine:

Bulis-KOivu-Zed
Kovalev-Ribs-ryder
Bégin-Dowd-Ward
Sunny-Juneau-Dacks

In my world, we dont need perrault or Dagenais in our line up. Perrault could be brought in once in a while but only for 4th line duty and power play.
What time is better than the present to do the line juggling and see what happens? We're already all but mathematically in the Playoffs....why not use the extra games to see what could work? If all line combinations fail then CJ will go back to the ones that worked like he did last night in the third period. I don't see any problem with juggling for now.

Old
03-25-2004, 01:42 PM
BBR

Quote:
i wouldnt have perrault on my first line no matter how well he does.[quote]

So you hate Yannic even if he played better than the other player
you dont play him.

I hate Dagenais but if he plays great i would be happy
playing him i dont care who plays if they play give effort,
result and win game.

Old
03-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Tritone I agree with you big time. CJ knows we are in the playoffs unless hell freezes over and leafs win the cup. Now he knows who plays well with who, (or atleast most of 'em) and he wants to see if there are any better lines blah blah you guys know that :p . He knows what he's doing!! Habs are going far, as soon as the lines are set, comfort will set in and they will burst with skill. All we need is a little spark to get things back in place, and we're set.

Remember, he knows each of them better than we do, so even though you may have "the perfect lines" in your head, it may not be so.

Old
03-25-2004, 04:57 PM
Guriken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
I'd prefer those lines...

Perreault-Koivu-Zednik
Kovalev-Ribeiro-Ryder
Bégin-Dowd-Bulis
Langdon/Dackell/Sundstrom-Juneau-Ward
I also like these lines

Perreault wins faceoffs, he has an accurate shot, he makes good passes and he skates the way he can and THIS way is not so bad!
So which player would you like to take his place??? Bulis or Kovalev?? I think it's just useless, Perreault is scoring, he does what a team need! Score goals! He is not the best but he does the job on Koivu's line.

What happened with him the last 2 games when he played with them?? I don't know, look at koivu and Zednik, what did they do better? Anyway, I like how Bulis skates, but he is not accurate, he often misses his shots and I think his style of play is best suited for third line dutty.

Kovalev should skate more, he should go to the net more, well i just think he has to skate like everyone is doing in this team.

And, learn to like Perreault.

Old
03-25-2004, 05:08 PM
HF-Addict

When Perreault was put back on the first line with Koivu and Zednik at the end of the Buffalo game, the line just looked like a lot better. Perreault on the first and Kovalev on the second.

Old
03-25-2004, 05:51 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Im not blaming the loss on the line juggling. Im just thinking that since the playoffs are near, i think that CJ should settle his line up quick so they could work some chemistry.
Yeah, I hear ya!! I know that last night's line combinations should have won the game. Shoulda, coulda...didn't. Oh well, we will see some stability to the lines as the end of the season draws nearer. Until then, I am okay with tinkering as long as they are winning. If not, then time to stabilize the ship and get some consistency going.

Closed Thread