HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jack Johnson rumors/speculations / Hammond blog

Old
06-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Johnny Utah

vCash: 500
Johnson has been a -5, a -18, and -19 in his 3 NHL seasons.....He has scored a total of 22 points.

If he thinks he is worth more than 2 million than it is all based on his reputation from college and being drafted # 3 overall. At some point he has to break out like Bobby Ryan and show why he was drafted so high before asking for big money.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 06:55 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Johnson has been a -5, a -18, and -19 in his 3 NHL seasons.....He has scored a total of 22 points.

If he thinks he is worth more than 2 million than it is all based on his reputation from college and being drafted # 3 overall. At some point he has to break out like Bobby Ryan and show why he was drafted so high before asking for big money.
Correct. I don't even think Jack thinks he's worth that type of money yet. This rumor sucks.

xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Kurrilino is fun! His are some of my favorite posts to read, for a variety of reasons. I love that I can all at once adamantly disagree with his points but be completely on board with an enamored by the place of Kings love all his zany thoughts come from.

I find AKAY47 to be the same in many regards.

Exhuberance is great.
That's why we are here.....
trade some thought's doesn't matter how stupid as long as it's not personal.
And that is the reason why i like it to be here.

BTW ....... call me crazy.... i'm still with my Defender >>>>>>> Attacker.
As long as Johnson isn;t saying we will leave L.A. we should keep him and squeeze everything out of him what we get......

My 1st nightmare was when we traded Jokinen for nothing.
Even that Robbitaile - Tocchet adventure was horrible + a lot more trades........
So, i learned my lesson....... we should just trade if we have big advantage. Even if we have a small advantage and make another Team better i would stepp away.
Exactly like that Vinny for Johnson trade.
Vinny is not that difference maker anymore... c'mon 66 Points beside Martin St.Louis for 7 Mill the next 10 years????
I would really like to hear the argues for a trade........ beside that media crap.
I don't know what to say.... the defe3nse started with Armstrong and that locker room stuff....... now we have Vinny and the meia attention stuff......... when do we start to play hockey inside of a hockey rink ?????????

As long as we don't start to be like a successfull team the success will never some to us.
Watch the Red Wings...... they leech out what ever they can and hurt other teams wherever they can...
We should copy that and start to do dirty moves... when we lift the cup i will apologize for that.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 07:03 PM
treize_kushrenada

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsOFaClown View Post
Correct. I don't even think Jack thinks he's worth that type of money yet. This rumor sucks.
So 3yrs at $1.75 mil per? Is this fair? Then maybe sign Quincey to a 4 year $9 mil extension. That wouldn't be so bad. I actually kinda like that.

treize_kushrenada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 07:03 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsOFaClown View Post
One has to wonder if this rumor (assuming Garrioch actually heard something outside of a daydream) isn't reallu just a horrible but typical game of 'telephone' that started with Johnson wants 2 years, 5.5 mill.

That would probably still be too much for Lombardi, and too short.

I try to imagine the actual chains through which these people actually recieve the information they don't simply pull out of their butts.

Like, GM makes a phone to another GM (or agent). Agent talks to subordinate, subordinate talks to Garrioch. Or maybe there are more degrees of separation than that?

As stupid as rumors are, I am curious as to how info really does trickle down when it isn't supposed to.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

You have to overpay for potential.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Try telling that to Cammi and O'Sullivan.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 08:21 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
That's called bonus incentives in an ELC. Beyond that you get paid for your play. You only get paid for potential if you sign for 4 or more years.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 08:43 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
No kidding. Looks like Blake did a good job of mentoring Jack in the ways of the NHL. Yikes.
Jack:The Kings signed you to mentor me. Can you give me any advice?
Rob:Yah, as soon as you can get the F out of LA-you'll never win until you leave.

Boy, that 5 game stint wiping out an entire year of his ELC was a great idea, huh? Who was the GM that made that decision?

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Rob:Yah, as soon as you can get the F out of LA-you'll never win until you leave.

Boy, that 5 game stint wiping out an entire year of his ELC was a great idea, huh? Who was the GM that made that decision?
Actually it was Johnson's age when signing the contract more than it was the 5 games played. Johnson did that on purpose so that he could reach RFA age sooner. Lombardi probably figured since he was going to lose a year anyway he should at least get Jack some NHL experience for those 5 games. Dean probably wanted to wait until after the regular season to sign Jack (the contract would have then started the following year). But Dean probably figured he would force Jack to sign his next contract under his (Dean's) terms anyway....so it really didn't matter.

Old
06-05-2009, 09:01 PM
SFKingshomer

Staal> Stoll.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 09:22 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
Try telling that to Cammi and O'Sullivan.
Sorry, I was talking to Brown, Kopitar, Stoll, and Greene.

What was that you said?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Sorry, I was talking to Brown, Kopitar, Stoll, and Greene.

What was that you said?
I will give you Greene and Kopitar....but Brown is seriously underpaid....and Stoll only makes $1.2 million more than he did last year.

Old
06-05-2009, 09:36 PM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post

If I remember correctly, it was Johnson who chose to turn pro after his sophmore year. DL went to Denver after the NCAA finals to discuss what Jack was going to do. Jack, after talking it over with his coach and others said it was time to turn pro. He knew the risk of losing his arbitration rights, just like DL knew he would lose a year on his contract. It was something they BOTH chose.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
If I remember correctly, it was Johnson who chose to turn pro after his sophmore year. DL went to Denver after the NCAA finals to discuss what Jack was going to do. Jack, after talking it over with his coach and others said it was time to turn pro. He knew the risk of losing his arbitration rights, just like DL knew he would lose a year on his contract. It was something they BOTH chose.
Of Course it was Johnson who chose to turn pro.....Entry Level Contracts are very restrictive....so any way to shorten the length is better for the player....I am sure that Dean would have preferred not signing Johnson in March...but as I said before Dean believes he has the upper hand in negotiations....so it did not matter much to him.

Old
06-05-2009, 10:13 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Garroch is sayin JJ want's 4 years for 5.5 each, nice knowing ya JJ.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
I cannot fathom that being true...if it is Johnson is going to have a short lived NHL career. Because no NHL general manager is going to give him that kind of money for 2 mediocre NHL seasons.

Old
06-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Martyros
Allow me to retort

Quote:
.....and you believe him? Eklund is more credible than Garrioch.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

I wouldn't go that far....Garrioch is bad, but Eklund is worse, IMO.

But yeah, if that is what Johnson is seeking, he's out of his friggin' mind.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 11:16 PM
no name

Quote:
Complete ********. I guarantee that if there really is a source that dropped this it is DL pulling another smear campaign.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Lead Role in a Cage

JJ is gone. He is right now what appears to be a distraction and will be dealt, at a time when, for some reason, the Kings staff needs to make a splash.

If this is orchestrated by the Johnson camp, the Kings or both I couldn't be bothered. Give me the highest possible value for the club in any situation and I'm ok. So far the Lombardi-staff has done a good job so I expect them to do the same in this matter.

Judging the rumours, be from any camp, he is not a King next season.

Right now, there seems to be "lots of chips to play with..."

Lead Role in a Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 11:44 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
YUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake the Nation View Post
JJ is gone. He is right now what appears to be a distraction and will be dealt, at a time when, for some reason, the Kings staff needs to make a splash.

If this is orchestrated by the Johnson camp, the Kings or both I couldn't be bothered. Give me the highest possible value for the club in any situation and I'm ok. So far the Lombardi-staff has done a good job so I expect them to do the same in this matter.

Judging the rumours, be from any camp, he is not a King next season.

Right now, there seems to be "lots of chips to play with..."
Nobody in the NHL will pay him $5m a season unless it's a 1 yr deal with a club option on the 2nd year at $3-4m. He's just another potential filled, over-drafted bust. Sounds so very familiar, where's Patrick Stefan when you need him?

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 12:06 AM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston View Post
I suppose time will tell on this. Most observers would say that the Kings have never had such a deep list of blue chip prospects. Yes, many of them are early picks, but you still have to hit on them. It will be 2-3 years before DL can be given a full grade on his drafts. But, for those who have been a fan of the team longer than I, has any previous GM done as well at the draft able?
IMO DT still has done a better job drafting than DL. Kopitar, Brown, Frolov, Cammalleri , Quick and Visnovsky were all DT picks. And Cammalleri and Visnovsky were used to bring in other quality players and picks.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaWrista View Post
YUP

Nobody in the NHL will pay him $5m a season unless it's a 1 yr deal with a club option on the 2nd year at $3-4m. He's just another potential filled, over-drafted bust. Sounds so very familiar, where's Patrick Stefan when you need him?

He is not a bust. He has the potential to play like he should. Even if he leaves, it still doesn't mean he wanted that much money or that he didn't want to play in LA. You never know though.

I, however, will not let these writors dictate what I should or should not believe.

When July comes, everybody is going to have something to say about the matter. I just really hope he sticks with the Kings and that all this Hockey gossip will flutter away into the wind.

No, I don't want VLC.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 12:26 AM
Martyros
Allow me to retort

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
IMO DT still has done a better job drafting than DL. Kopitar, Brown, Frolov, Cammalleri , Quick and Visnovsky were all DT picks. And Cammalleri and Visnovsky were used to bring in other quality players and picks.
i'd only say that he did a good job with Quick.....DL has found quality in the later rounds....something DT RARELY found. DL has already found players like Simmonds, Loktionov, Voinov in his 3 years as GM. Do you rememeber a single player that WAS NOT overage, was drafted AFTER the 1st round that has played atleast 100 games?.......Mike Cammalleri in 2001...then Mcgrattan and Parros in 1999.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote