HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hossa - Has his play effected his value?

Old
06-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Big Kjell

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Kjell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
No one has answered whether they think that the Wings will still try to resign him or not. I doubt he takes under $6 mi. per year even from them. That is a huge chuck of Caps space for a team who even though they have gotten some really nice discounts still has an enormous chunk of their Caps space tied up in a handful of players and will continue to do so for the next decade to come given the contracts signed.
Yes. Hossa will re-sign with the Wings. A long-term deal to "end" his career with the Wings. It's pro sports and I know there's no loyalty around but something tells me Hossa's made his choice for the long-term. Not sure what the amount will be since it depends on the number of years. Also, with the cap going down and Hossa's lack of scoring lately.....

To make room it will be a long-term deal with a cap hit average of no more than $5-5.5 (@ $7-7.5 in actual salary followed by lower salaries and ending with @ $2-3 (like Briere)). Am I dreaming? Perhaps, but I really think the parties will agree.

Will there be consequences? Of course. Players like Samuelsson, Hudler, Lilja, Chelios....maybe others will not be part of the future. But with the play of some of the youngsters coming up....it's OK. And it's time for the Wings to start a rejuvenation. And will Lidstrom retire after next year? He might. That's $7.45 opening up.

Big Kjell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 07:47 PM
AirheadPete
G-Dub

yea hossa is gonna most likely break the bank especially if he gets the cup this year, but he has become one of my favorite players over the past year or so

AirheadPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

i would think he would want to win (another?) cup next year so he may take a pay cut

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote