HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Redden and Rozsival have Limited No Trade Clauses?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-06-2009, 01:50 AM
  #1
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Redden and Rozsival have Limited No Trade Clauses?

I was trying to find out how much Wade Redden makes in actual salary next season since nhlnumbers and hockeybuzz have two different things so I went to Outside the Garden. I got no answer to my question from OTG because they only show cap hits but I noticed something on the bottom of the page.

Wade Redden: Limited No Trade Clause - Has a list of eight teams that he will not accept being traded to as part of his contract

Michal Rozsival: Limited No Trade Clause - Has a list of eight teams that he will not accept being traded to as part of his contract


http://www.outsidethegarden.com/salaries.asp

I must admit, I had no clue these two guys had Limited no trade clauses. They can name 8 teams? I knew Gomez could name 3 and Drury had a full NMC but I didn't realize these two had this.

It doesn't really matter with Redden because I doubt anyone is trading for him at a 6.5 mill cap hit but Rozy is a name being thrown around often as being the odd man out who will need to be moved. If that is the case this limits our options quite significantly. If you take into account that we most likely won't trade him within our division that eliminates 12 teams that we can't trade him to. I apologize if this has been discussed already but this jumped out at me. It also struck me as odd that these two got better NTC's than Gomez did.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 01:58 AM
  #2
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,428
vCash: 500
if true, Sather is a bigger idiot than previously imagined.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 02:10 AM
  #3
frozenrubber
Registered User
 
frozenrubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,043
vCash: 500
Wade Redden's limited NTC has been well discussed.

Despite a few sites mirroring the same information, I've never seen a press reference to Rozsival having any type of NTC. I'm skeptical not because it wouldn't be possible, I just find it surprising I haven't seen a reference about it until now.

Regardless, agents since the lockout have been very successful in getting their "pound of flesh". With SUPER overpayments for FAs being replaced with gross overpayments (Holik's 9 million - more than anyone in the league currently), agents got more NTCs and NMCs and ridiculous terms.

Sather went from one of the strongest forces against NTCs and NMCs into one of the biggest providers.

frozenrubber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 02:21 AM
  #4
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,552
vCash: 500
I think Slats is a closet stoner.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 02:33 AM
  #5
frozenrubber
Registered User
 
frozenrubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,043
vCash: 500
Actually, other than the ridiculous NMC clause given to Drury (was 7 million not enough), Sather didn't do a terrible thing with these limited NTCs.

Sather thought limited NTCs allowed him flexibility and the ability to still trade a player if push came to shove. Unfortunately, it wasn't a NTC that will hold him up, it's the cap hit of the deals.

NTCs make sense when a player leaves money on the table. The player gets stability for forgoing the biggest financial windfall. But when they go to the highest bidder, that extra demand shouldn't be available.

I wish there was a central bidding clearing house for free agent signings. While a player would still be free to sign w/ a team of his choice, every team that bids on a player would have to submit the contract to the league. NTCs should only be allowed if a higher offer is officially registered but a player opts for a lower offer.

Many make the argument that NTCs and NMCs are fair and the GMs are to blame for ultimately providing them, but with guaranteed contracts in the NHL (and I want that to stay, none of this NFL nonsense), there should be some sort of restriction.

frozenrubber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 05:41 AM
  #6
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,352
vCash: 500
Larry Brooks reported the Redden limited NTC last summer in the same blurb he reported about Naslund's NMC.

I have no idea where Fish found the Roszival info because Brooks never reported it and the other guys are clueless.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 05:41 AM
  #7
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,352
vCash: 500
Sean Avery has a limited NTC he got from Dallas.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 05:58 AM
  #8
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,810
vCash: 500
Here's the list according to NHLSCAP:

http://www.nhlscap.com/no_trade.htm

Quote:
Sean Avery, DAL - NTC [full NTC from July 1 - August 14 of each year; from August 15 until following July 1, Avery gives a list of 10 teams which he will not accept a trade to]
Chris Drury, NYR - NMC
Scott Gomez, NYR - NTC [at the end of the each season Gomez gives the Rangers a list of 3 teams he will not accept a trade to]
Markus Naslund, NYR - NTC
Wade Redden, NYR - NTC [has 8 teams he will not accept a trade to]
Michal Rozsival, NYR - NTC [same terms as Wade Redden]

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 06:35 AM
  #9
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,882
vCash: 500
Can someone please find a definitive source on this? I have read the specific details of all the other NTC/NMC clauses in enough press reports to take them as gospel word. The Rozsival NTC has never appeared ANYWHEE before these 2 websites. Furthermore, it's highly suspicious that they simply say "same as the Redden clause". Strikes me as a mistake by one, repeated due to lazy reporting by the other.

Still, I would like to see if more informed posters can clear this up for the record.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 06:46 AM
  #10
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 26,713
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Isin't that the site that also reported we have rissmiller for 3 years for 1mill?

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 07:39 AM
  #11
turcotte8
Registered User
 
turcotte8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
Actually, other than the ridiculous NMC clause given to Drury (was 7 million not enough), Sather didn't do a terrible thing with these limited NTCs.

Sather thought limited NTCs allowed him flexibility and the ability to still trade a player if push came to shove. Unfortunately, it wasn't a NTC that will hold him up, it's the cap hit of the deals.

NTCs make sense when a player leaves money on the table. The player gets stability for forgoing the biggest financial windfall. But when they go to the highest bidder, that extra demand shouldn't be available.

I wish there was a central bidding clearing house for free agent signings. While a player would still be free to sign w/ a team of his choice, every team that bids on a player would have to submit the contract to the league. NTCs should only be allowed if a higher offer is officially registered but a player opts for a lower offer.

Many make the argument that NTCs and NMCs are fair and the GMs are to blame for ultimately providing them, but with guaranteed contracts in the NHL (and I want that to stay, none of this NFL nonsense), there should be some sort of restriction.
They should just ban NTCs and no movement clauses all together.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 11:52 AM
  #12
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,352
vCash: 500
Naslund was given a NMC. Not just a NTC.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 10:09 PM
  #13
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
I think Slats is a closet stoner.

no, he isn't. He is actually a well publiced drunk.....in recovery alegedly.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 10:37 PM
  #14
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,507
vCash: 500
Am I the only person who is hearing about Rozi's NTC for the first time here? I never knew that.

And I thought I couldn't hate Sather any more than I already do. Not only did he overpay for a FA, he overpaid for a guy who had been with the team for 3+ seasons. Should have locked up Rozi before he even hit FA. Dumbass Slats.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 07:56 AM
  #15
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
They should just ban NTCs and no movement clauses all together.
I agree, but during negotiations for the CBA, the league will have to offer the PA something in return. History tells me the NHL will offer something that hurts the league just as bad. They offered a lower free agency age in return for the cap. I'd love to see what the conceed to the union during the next lockout.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 08:43 AM
  #16
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 26,713
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Am I the only person who is hearing about Rozi's NTC for the first time here? I never knew that.

And I thought I couldn't hate Sather any more than I already do. Not only did he overpay for a FA, he overpaid for a guy who had been with the team for 3+ seasons. Should have locked up Rozi before he even hit FA. Dumbass Slats.
Idk what you are talking about ,roszival has actually been at or near what he makes ,when jagr was here he was definetly a 5mill defenseman,redden on the other hand is the true arguement.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 09:43 AM
  #17
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
Idk what you are talking about ,roszival has actually been at or near what he makes ,when jagr was here he was definetly a 5mill defenseman,redden on the other hand is the true arguement.
I know, what I'm saying for is guy's that we re-sign are supposed to be had for less than market. Think half the Red Wings team, Joe Thornton, Spezza/Heatley, Iginla, Vinnie, etc. Hell, even Orpik, Crosby, and Malkin took discounts. They all took less what they would have gotten on the FA market to re-sign with their respective teams.

Glad Rozi is such a team player.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 10:58 AM
  #18
SouvenirCity
Registered User
 
SouvenirCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wading River, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
I know, what I'm saying for is guy's that we re-sign are supposed to be had for less than market. Think half the Red Wings team, Joe Thornton, Spezza/Heatley, Iginla, Vinnie, etc. Hell, even Orpik, Crosby, and Malkin took discounts. They all took less what they would have gotten on the FA market to re-sign with their respective teams.

Glad Rozi is such a team player.
Didn't Mara do something like that last off-season?

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 11:11 AM
  #19
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
I know, what I'm saying for is guy's that we re-sign are supposed to be had for less than market. Think half the Red Wings team, Joe Thornton, Spezza/Heatley, Iginla, Vinnie, etc. Hell, even Orpik, Crosby, and Malkin took discounts. They all took less what they would have gotten on the FA market to re-sign with their respective teams.

Glad Rozi is such a team player.
Those contracts are discounts?

Except for Orpik and Franzen all of those players in the $7 million range.

Just how much more money were they going to get as free agents?

Most if not all of those deals are long term deals in excess of 4 years. Orpik got 6 years.

The Detroit guys are signed for eternity. Crosby and Malkin would have been group II's.

A discount is Alfredsson signing for an average of less than $5 million when he should be getting $7 million per as a group III. Of course, he is $7 million per in the next two seasons in actual salary and then it drops to $4.5 million and then $1 million.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.