HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phi-LA

Old
06-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Tookey98

vCash: 500
Phi-LA

To Phi- 1rst round pick, Boyle or Purcell
To LA- Gagne

LA gets a top line lw

Phi gets the 5th overall pick and free up some cap space.

Tookey98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 05:03 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Interesting. I don't like the idea of moving completely out of the first round. I could stand dropping back to ~13-15 if we got a good roster player in return, but I can't condone flat out moving out of the first.

Value is good though.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tookey98 View Post
To LA- Gagne

LA gets a top line lw

I wouldn't do that if i were philly. It doesn't really help out their goaltending problem and in no way is the 5th overall a lock to be a star player and i just don't think boyle or purcell even it out.

They have other options if they want to clear salary so as a counter offer i would add philly's first and Bernier.

EDIT: actually you could maybe get away with removing boyle or purcell in my counter offer.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Jwm1986

As much as i like gagne, i dont want to trade to 5th for him.. or anyone really... i think we keep it..

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 05:12 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Interesting. I don't like the idea of moving completely out of the first round. I could stand dropping back to ~13-15 if we got a good roster player in return, but I can't condone flat out moving out of the first.

Value is good though.
Flyers don't really need forward prospects, and Lupul and Jones (maybe even Carle, but I doubt it) would be gone LONG before Gagne if Holmgren decides to cut salary.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 05:13 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs0492 View Post
I wouldn't do that if i were philly. It doesn't really help out their goaltending problem and in no way is the 5th overall a lock to be a star player and i just don't think boyle or purcell even it out.

They have other options if they want to clear salary so as a counter offer i would add philly's first and Bernier.

EDIT: actually you could maybe get away with removing boyle or purcell in my counter offer.

Gagne and Philly's 1st for Bernier and LA's 1st?

Old
06-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Tookey98

Quote:

i would rather give Ensburg than Bernier

Tookey98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
i would rather give Ensburg than Bernier
I think you mean Ersberg, and Philly would politely say "no thanks".

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Gagne and Philly's 1st for Bernier and LA's 1st?
Sorry i don't see what's so funny? Bernier is an elite goaltending prospect almost equivalent in value to JVR. Plus the value of the 5th overall is much more than the 21st. Incase you couldn't read my post i said maybe you could get away with removing pucell or boyle IN BOLD, implying that i think value wise one of them could be included. I never liked the original proposal because philly doesn't improve now but you have to accept that you have a gaping hole at the goaltender position and you'll have to give to get in order to fix it.

Plus you open up 5 mil or whatever gagne's salary is in cap space to improve your defense. It seems cap room is severely undervalued around here since you could probably use it to bring someone of gagne's calibur (sort of) over.

Old
06-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Youngblood93

I'd really consider it if Gagne didn't have the injury past that he has. I could see the Kings being interested if you take out the 5th and add something else.

Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
I'd really consider it if Gagne didn't have the injury past that he has. I could see the Kings being interested if you take out the 5th and add something else.
Well, isn't the 5th pretty much what the deal is centered around? Otherwise, what exactly is the incentive to trade Gagne?

Old
06-05-2009, 06:00 PM
mercury

Quote:
Sorry i don't see what's so funny? Bernier is an elite goaltending prospect almost equivalent in value to JVR. Plus the value of the 5th overall is much more than the 21st. Incase you couldn't read my post i said maybe you could get away with removing pucell or boyle IN BOLD, implying that i think value wise one of them could be included. I never liked the original proposal because philly doesn't improve now but you have to accept that you have a gaping hole at the goaltender position and you'll have to give to get in order to fix it.
I still wouldn't do that deal with Purcell or Boyle included. They're not necessary, and neither would help us win now. Harding or Schneider (if Luongo is extended) could be acquired for far less than Gagne. The value of moving up from 21st to 5th is not nearly enough to make that deal fair.

Quote:
Plus you open up 5 mil or whatever gagne's salary is in cap space to improve your defense. It seems cap room is severely undervalued around here since you could probably use it to bring someone of gagne's calibur (sort of) over.
I think you're severely overvaluing it. If the Flyers were to move Gagne, it would be for players who can help now. Bernier would not be our starter next season.

Old
06-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
To LA- Gagne

LA gets a top line lw

for a 30 years old ??????

hell no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try to reorganize your salary cap.
If you need to dump Salary, we can talk again.
Gagne... for something what not include our 1st would be more realistic.

But i still say wait for desperate Flyers

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
Well, isn't the 5th pretty much what the deal is centered around? Otherwise, what exactly is the incentive to trade Gagne?
Do you know your salary ????

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
I still wouldn't do that deal with Purcell or Boyle included. They're not necessary, and neither would help us win now. Harding or Schneider (if Luongo is extended) could be acquired for far less than Gagne. The value of moving up from 21st to 5th is not nearly enough to make that deal fair.

I think you're severely overvaluing it. If the Flyers were to move Gagne, it would be for players who can help now. Bernier would not be our starter next season.
I know that's what i said, i just tried to make the original deal a little more realistic then it originally was considering team needs. Also, my point was that the cap room could be used to get someone who would help now thus making the trade not as bad short term while you win in the long run.

Old
06-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Flyersguru

Kings still owe the Flyers future considerations for the Jeremey Roenick trade.

Flyersguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
So we have to trade Gagne for scraps (if you take out the 5th) because we need to lose salary?

We have other options of losing salary before we lose Gagne. If the 5th is in play, it may be something the Flyers consider. If not, we're not treating Gagne as a salary dump.

Old
06-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Flyers don't really need forward prospects, and Lupul and Jones (maybe even Carle, but I doubt it) would be gone LONG before Gagne if Holmgren decides to cut salary.
Quote:

The deal is centered around the 5th overall and Gagne. LA gets a young talented left wing which they could use and Philly gets a HIGH pick to draft a top prospect and also gets cap relief (which they can use to sign a goalie or whatever). The other pieces are just balancing blocks.

About the deal 5th overall and Bernier for Gangne and their 1st doesn't work... At this point were assuming Gagne has a BIT more value than the 5th overall (he's a proven NHL'er, the 5th overall isn't). So basically it would be trading a 1st for Bernier. I guess the value isn't terrible here, but you'd probably need a bit more going back to Philly and it couldn't be salary as half the reason they do this is to free up space.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
The deal is centered around the 5th overall and Gagne. LA gets a young talented left wing which they could use and Philly gets a HIGH pick to draft a top prospect and also gets cap relief (which they can use to sign a goalie or whatever). The other pieces are just balancing blocks.

About the deal 5th overall and Bernier for Gangne and their 1st doesn't work... At this point were assuming Gagne has a BIT more value than the 5th overall (he's a proven NHL'er, the 5th overall isn't). So basically it would be trading a 1st for Bernier. I guess the value isn't terrible here, but you'd probably need a bit more going back to Philly and it couldn't be salary as half the reason they do this is to free up space.
IMO though Bernier would be worth more than the 21st overall, especially to the Philly organization. Not saying its the best trade ever or even that either team would do it but i think it's something you could work around at the very least.

Old
06-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:

Desperate Flyers? What makes you think The Kings would be dealing from a position of power in any dal for Gagne. Philly is giving up the best player in any deal surrounding Gagne. The Flyers are not desperate to move him, I don't know whats got you convinced of that. There are far more expendable salaries on the books.

Gagne is 29. Hockey is not basketball, players produce well into their 30's. If the Kings were to acquire Gagne and keep their first, it would most likely involve losing a player that most King's fans value higher than the 5th pick (be it sentimentally or otherwise).

Quote:
Do you know our salary? More importantly do you know where some of our salary is? We could easily lose 7 million in Lupul and Jones and not really feel it. The Flyers have some maneuvering to do, but they're hardly screwed just yet.

Last edited by Giroux tha Damaja: 06-05-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 06:29 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:

29...just getting it straight.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 06:29 PM
mercury

Quote:
IMO though Bernier would be worth more than the 21st overall, especially to the Philly organization. Not saying its the best trade ever or even that either team would do it but i think it's something you could work around at the very least.

I think this is a non-starter. This is like an old pre-lockout deadline deal, but, in this case, the contender is dealing the star to the non-playoff team, instead of the other way around. I think it's a non-starter. Lupul and Jones will be $7 million of cap space for next year. Why not get rid of them both (and get something of value for Lupul in return) and keep the perennial 30-40 goal scorer?

Old
06-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
To LA- Gagne

LA gets a top line lw

It is interesting. However the Flyers have to pass. They are giving up one of the better left wingers in the game for a player who has some "potential" and a draft pick that may not even pan out.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
I think this is a non-starter. This is like an old pre-lockout deadline deal, but, in this case, the contender is dealing the star to the non-playoff team, instead of the other way around. I think it's a non-starter. Lupul and Jones will be $7 million of cap space for next year. Why not get rid of them both (and get something of value for Lupul in return) and keep the perennial 30-40 goal scorer?
I agree, that is the logical choice. But obviously you would not get as much value in return. You could fix your goaltending problem AND get either a top shutdown D in jared cowen or maybe a possible perennial 30-40 goal scorer in MPS. Just saying.

I see a lot of flexibility with Phillys Forwards considering they had 2 top 6 forwards playing on the third line this year so I think they could easily fill in for the loss with little difference in production.

Anyway, this is all pure speculation, no one knows how each GM values their own assets and their team. Sometimes they see a window of opportunity and take it even though they don't come out on top, and sometimes it's the other way around.

Old
06-05-2009, 07:30 PM
fiveholio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersguru View Post
Kings still owe the Flyers future considerations for the Jeremey Roenick trade.
A bloody nose should do the trick.

fiveholio is offline   Reply With Quote