Notices

GDT: San Jose vs. Calgary 25/03/04

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2004, 12:51 AM
kruezer

vCash: 500
GDT: San Jose vs. Calgary 25/03/04

Well, right back at it, I'm assuming Kiprusoff will go tonight after the shutout by Turek last night.

Sutter will be back, Oliwa and Simon will need one more game each.

If they win they crack the 90 point barrier, how long has it been since they've done that?

Old
03-25-2004, 04:40 PM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
You know what's crazy?
If we beat SJ tonight, we have a good shot at the division title!
Our remainig games would be: LA, Phon, LA, Ana
We could finish with 5 more wins, bringing us to 98 points.

Both Colorado and Vancouver are in slumps. Colorado currently has 94 points, so if they only manage 4 points from their remaining games (Det, Det, LA, Min, CLM, Nash) we're in!

Let's go Detroit!

Old
03-25-2004, 04:43 PM
chriss_co

I dont really want to win the division title. I think finishing 6th or 7th and avoiding Dallas in the first round is better because that way we still end up with the 17th-18th pick in the 1st round.

That would be high enough for us to hopefully grab a goalie (Schwartz or Montoya)

Old
03-25-2004, 06:15 PM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss_co
I dont really want to win the division title. I think finishing 6th or 7th and avoiding Dallas in the first round is better because that way we still end up with the 17th-18th pick in the 1st round.

That would be high enough for us to hopefully grab a goalie (Schwartz or Montoya)
What do you mean? If we win the division, we'd probably play Vancouver, Nashville or Edmonton. All great series for us. The way it's shaping up now, it's either Dallas or SJ.
To me a better playoff matchup is way more important than draft position.

Old
03-26-2004, 12:11 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
That was a tough one tonight. I only saw the last few minutes, but it sounded like a good 3rd period come back was thwarted. Sounds like a good character game. The tie would have been nice. Only 4 games left guys. Let's get rolling again!

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
03-26-2004, 12:21 AM
A-Bonics

The Conroy penalty had to be one of the dumbest penalties I have ever seen in my life. Also, right before the final goal Iggy had a chance to take the body along the boards but instead went for the puck. He missed, and then ten seconds later the puck was in the net. That being said the team showed a lot of character coming back in the third just to make it a game. Heartbreaker, but none the less there still are positives to be taken from this one.

Old
03-26-2004, 12:21 AM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Devil
That was a tough one tonight. I only saw the last few minutes, but it sounded like a good 3rd period come back was thwarted. Sounds like a good character game. The tie would have been nice. Only 4 games left guys. Let's get rolling again!
Yeah, thats not quite the ending that I imagined at all. Conroy, stay outta the box with 2 and half minutes left in a tie game

They need to pull it out against LA now on Saturday night.

Old
03-26-2004, 12:47 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
They had the effort tonight but weren't executing, but they did make a game out of it at the end. Yelle went down with an 'upper body injury' so we'll see what's up with him. They missed him in the third.

And what horribly biased play by play by the san jose guys. Dear God. Screaming for penalities and ripping flames for arguing their calls when SJ does the same. And Saprykin dove beautiful, and the moron went on fro 2 minutes about how he should be in Hollywood. Ridiculous.

I don't like Conroy. The past few weeks although he's been getting some points i'll say his game has slowed down. He lacks the fire as he's always losing the one on one battles and that penalty he took at the end of the game was just stupid.

Old
03-26-2004, 01:02 PM
Hold the Pickles

Good game guyz, your team showed some serious character. But speaking of bad annoucers... Waaaah the ice, waaaah the ice, waaaah the ice. Apparently, the ice was responsible for the flames losing. At least they're not as bad as COL's--Of course they are the epitome of Horridly Biased Announcing.

After y'all tied it up, I was hoping SJ would win in OT: the way the momentum had shifted I didn't see SJ winning in reg--That way both our teams could've benefited a bit. Tough loss guyz--See ya in the PO's.

Old
03-26-2004, 01:40 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
they said yelle left with a hip injury on the radio....

Closed Thread