HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Komisarek

Old
06-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Samuelson

vCash: 500
Mike Komisarek

I don't think Mike's gonna come back next year unless we overpay him. We pretty much have a few options

1) Trade Hammer to re-sign him, we have the cap to re-sign him but I think we need to focus on gettng some more talent up front. Hammer is good but Komisarek is better and younger, if we can trade Hamrlik, i'd offer Komisarek a similar deal that Hamrlik had but fore longer (e.g. 5 years, 26 million)

2) sign Komisarek straigt up and give up on going to get a top notch forward. Personally this is what I think will happen. We'll resign Komi, Tanguay, and a few minor players to replace koivu, kovalev, lang, etc.

3) Let him walk. While Komisarek is valuable to us, the depth of good defence that are UFAs is amazing

Samuelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 09:43 AM
shutehinside

Komi will be back if he wants to come back. I can't imagine him not being in the habs long term plans. Unless he get's offers in the 6-6.5MM range then I THINK Gainey would keep him.
I like Komi a lot and I definately want him to stay, but not at 6+MM. I just don't think he brings that much to the table. He's not a shut down Dman (yet) and he has practically no offence. So unless there's a team out there willing to overpay, I would imagine he'll be back. I just wouldn't bet on it

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Go Habs Go

If someone signs him for 6+ million, I will pity that team and they will learn to regret that move very quickly. Though I know there are idiots out there who would probably do it.

If he doesn't sign for 5 mil or less, give that money to Beauchemin. I wouldn't mind losing Komisarek and replacing him with Beauchemin and Marc Andre Bergeron. Trade Hamrlik for scraps to clear cap space, use the remaining of the money to get true star talent up front.

Obviously JBo would be my first choice over Beauchemin and MAB but I don't think he will sign in the East.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 10:16 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
If someone signs him for 6+ million, I will pity that team and they will learn to regret that move very quickly. Though I know there are idiots out there who would probably do it.

If he doesn't sign for 5 mil or less, give that money to Beauchemin. I wouldn't mind losing Komisarek and replacing him with Beauchemin and Marc Andre Bergeron. Trade Hamrlik for scraps to clear cap space, use the remaining of the money to get true star talent up front.

Obviously JBo would be my first choice over Beauchemin and MAB but I don't think he will sign in the East.
Maybe the rangers would want Redden and Komi playing on their AHL team in 2 years.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Habsfan18

I have a bad feeling about Komi to be honest. I want him back, but I see him signing with another team. I can see someone like New Jersey or the Islanders offering him 6 or 6.5 million per season.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 10:33 AM
MicroFracture

I don't think Komo is gonna sign for more than 4.5 anywhere.

We had the chance to sign him at the beginning of the year, but hey, Gainey has ''his policy.'' I'm sure that he would have signed for 4 in the off-season. Meh.

And if he leaves, it won't be for the money, I think. The future doesn't look good in Montreal.
And if we can't keep Komi, I don't know how you guys think we could lure Beauchemin or JBo. (lol, Jbo in Montreal, you gotta be kidding me.There's no way he even considers playing here) If we can't convince our players to stay, how can we convince others to come?

MicroFracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 10:39 AM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post

We had the chance to sign him at the beginning of the year, but hey, Gainey has ''his policy.'' I'm sure that he would have signed for 4 in the off-season. Meh.

And if he leaves, it won't be for the money, I think. The future doesn't look good in Montreal.
And if we can't keep Komi, I don't know how you guys think we could lure Beauchemin or JBo. (lol, Jbo in Montreal, you gotta be kidding me.There's no way he even considers playing here) If we can't convince our players to stay, how can we convince others to come?
With women, booze and sugar

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 10:48 AM
BakerNator

If someone want to pay 6mil for him, let em. That money is best spent elsewhere.

BakerNator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Magic33

In the cap world, players are only as good as their contract. Komi at 6.5 million is a joke. Komi at 3.5 million is pretty standard. Like everyone else, I will welcome him back with a reasonable contract only. Anything over 3.5-4, count me out!

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Habsfan18

Quote:
You'll be surprised. I'm not saying it'll happen for sure but some teams get crazy in the summer..salary cap or not. When Bobby Holik got 9million+ I realized that anything can happen.

I can easily see him getting a 6 million offer from a crazy team.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I have a bad feeling about Komi to be honest. I want him back, but I see him signing with another team. I can see someone like New Jersey or the Islanders offering him 6 or 6.5 million per season.
same here. Not NJ though, they're too smart for that. The Isles though...

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Go Habs Go

Quote:

with Club Super-sexe, poutine, smoking in Place Versaille and Labatt 50 lol

Old
06-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Habs 1909

As much as I'd like to see Komisarek in the lineup next season, the only way he'll resign here is if Gainey offers him at least 4.5 to 5 million considering teams like the Islanders will most likely try to sign him to a big contract like they did with Streit.

I'd offer a 4 year deal (4.5, 5, 5.25 with a 4th year option at 5.5) to Komisarek.

I am aware that Komisarek had a poor season, most probably due to his shoulder injury, which affects a large part of his game- hitting, and overall performance.
He has shown in the past that he has the capability of being a shutdown guy along with Markov. I expect Komisarek to come to training camp fully healed and ready to play, that's why I would sign him to a contract like that.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Carey Chant

vCash: 800
I think he is going to leave. After he got knocked out by Lucic the first time he lost a little bit of that edge. He never should have dropped the gloves with Lucic because he is not a fighter at all.

I see the Islanders give him whatever he wants basically. Then it will be up to Komi, stick with the team that developed you for a little less or go for the money.

I'd love to see him stay but if he goes Gainey and his policy better have a back up plan and he better be able to block shots and hit.

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Go Habs Go

Lucic is a goon, I hope Komi doesn't let that dumb ape affect him.

Lucic will only fight guys who are smaller and weaker then he is. Komisarek shouldn't pay attention to this sissy who doesn't understand what true tough hockey is about. Backing down should never be an option for a guy who scores at his rate considering his size. Bruins fans will defend him and thats understandable but reality is reality.

Bouillon is a midget and he doesn't back down in front of goons like May. Lucic is a big ape but a small scared boy at heart.

Old
06-06-2009, 11:08 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuelson View Post
3) Let him walk. While Komisarek is valuable to us, the depth of good defence that are UFAs is amazing
The depth of good defense is amazing? I've got Komisarek behind just JBo. Doesn't seem to be much depth their at all, in my opinion.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:

Argh!!!!

Players will sign here as long as Gainey is GM, I don't believe the myth!!

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 11:42 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
If Komisarek does want 6 million, see you later, Komi.

I'm not paying over 4 to 4.5 million for a player who can't shoot nor pass.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Critically speaking... you are correct sir!

I love Komi, I love the fact that he is a beast when he is on... however he definately has left a lot to be desired offensively, and he definately never paysback any **** ups he causes by scoring a point or 2... Then again, he could be similar to Souray, who really came to his own kinda late as well (offensively I mean)

I dont want to lose him, but I dont want to see another 20 + minute a game season for 1 goal and 13 points, at over 4.5 mil.

That is a glaring weakness from a top 2 defender.

I personally truly hope he sticks around, but I am also going to be brutally honest, and IMO we could do very well with Beauchemin, who has the point totals I like,

In a final note, PK Subban, I saw in Belleville... this kid is going to be an incredible defenceman for us when he arrives... Easily the most creative defenceman I have seen in the CHL... & an intense desire to win that is clearly visible from the top of the arena.

We are kinda spoiled with that coming down in the chute...

Combine the addition of a Beauchemin, with the maturing of O'Byrne, and add in an x - factor of a Emelin (if he decides to or not) or a Subban, Carle, or Benoit... we might be able to survive Komi's departure...

I'd miss him, but he is not the key piece simply because he hasnt progressed very much (offenively)

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

I didn't realise you had access to Gillettes checking account

I agree with you that 4-4.5 is alittle steep but Komi's skill set is something we can't afford to lose. We have other physical players on our team but none of them play with the edge Komisarek does. Last year is a poor example but when he's on his game he's one of the few "warriors" on this team, right now he's the only guy on the roster besides Koivu I could see as captain.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

Early in the year, Komi said he wasn't worried at all about renegotiating his contract with Gainey. I remember him smiling and smirking when asked the question by reporter.
Gainey as we've seen with Koivu, does talk contract during the season with some players.
Nobody knows what type of talks happened between both camp, or if there was any.

Also, Komi's value certainly didn't rise over the year.

People always praised Komi. Last season some people were even trying to debate him being better/more important than Markov. He kept saying how he loved it here, fans/org/team were great. He was always looked at as the next Captain, he went behind the bench after being injured this year.

I mean, he knows how much valued he is in Mtl, if he decides to test UFA it's because he wants to get the most money possible.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 01:46 PM
JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Lucic is a goon, I hope Komi doesn't let that dumb ape affect him.
Lucic is no goon.

JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 01:53 PM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

Komi is worth 3.5 mill tops, more than that and let him go. All he's got is shot blocking ability and size but not much else.

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 02:04 PM
peperebougon*

I don't get the ''komi won't be back''...wtf is this crap??? You all have crystal balls???

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 02:07 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
I don't get the ''komi won't be back''...wtf is this crap??? You all have crystal balls???
The pessimism fits with the whole season we had. I have a feeling we're gonna lose him, which sucks. I wish gainey would ditch his whole 'don't resign during the season' crap.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote