HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Three Horse Race for the Habs

Old
06-06-2009, 04:32 PM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
The Montreal Canadiens sale talk came about due to the fact that GG and TH needed to pay back a loan for thier Liverpool interests. Now that the loan has been extended and it seems as though Hicks has warmed to the idea of selling his share so GG can sell his to Middle easterns interests, there really is no reason for GG to sell one of his most profitable enterprises.
Remember, it's always the jewls that get sold in tough times due to their attractive valuations and profitability. That being said, why would he sell the team now?? I know I wouldn't if I didn't absolutely have to.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 04:49 PM
RE-HABS

I believe the Molson family purchase would be better this time because it would be a family purchase, not a company purchase.

If not the American investor group would be best, is this the group headed by arena developer and former Nike/Bauer equipment maker?

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 05:38 PM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
The problem I have with Quebecor is that they could've bought the Habs 10 years ago, they had the money back then too, and the price was way cheaper at that time... Everybody back then was angry because the team was gonna be owned by an American. I don't get why they didn't do the move 10 years ago. I'm a bit biased too because I can't stand PKP and his ''Joe-Six-Pack'' media/entertainment empire but, I vote for Molson & sons.

L'abstrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 07:42 PM
kovalost27

Quebecor all the way! They would represent our national team very well, the Montreal Canadiens!

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 09:06 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Gillett will sell, he's a respectable business man there's no way he screws people around like some fans are suggesting. Keep in mind also that this ISN'T bankruptcy court, he's not forced to sell to the highest bidder.

The Molson IMHO will be the next majority owners.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
It's not because you write Go Habs Go at the end of each post that you're a fan you know?..

I haven't seen you write 1 positive thing about the Habs yet.

Kriss E,

Go back to my post you just responded to - what is negative about that?

I can understand that a lot of fans on this site have never seen truely great teams in Montreal - which is unfortunate!

Fortunately (for myself) I have seen great dynasties in Montreal - guess we have different standards!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Kid Dynomite

Add me to the "anyone but Quebecor" bandwagon.

Kid Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote