HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LMHF Game Report #39....disbelieving what I just saw

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2004, 02:42 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
LMHF Game Report #39....disbelieving what I just saw

I honestly can't believe the score at the end of the night tonight, that was just not right.

THREE-TWO OILERS, that's what it was supposed to read at the end of the night. This was a game that will and drive and determination said we were going to win.

The boys floored it outta the gate, but missed hittin top speed a couple of times. This game shoulda been 4-0 before the end of the first, but again, no dice.

Instead missed-chance after missed-chance and several boneheaded mistakes later, here we sit, clutching to one point like a life preserver.

What was lost tonight was more than a point, the momentum and 'Roll em!' mentality of this team evaporated. This looked like the same team that WOULD NOT BE BEATEN in the first period, but then cracks started to show.

Sure Dallas tied it in the second, but this game was lost in the third. Against all decent logic, with a tired team searching for a lead and another win, Craig MacTavish shrunk his bench and wore out his forwards, didn't manage the D very well at all, and overplaying the tired. Not to mention there were obviously orders to back off for everyone except Fernando, who looked like he just didn't care what was said. There were some HUGE strategic mistakes in the third, when this game was up for grabs and when a complete team woulda destroyed Dallas by not taking it's foot off the gas. Instead, here we stand.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Ty Conklin
-Held us in, gave us the chance, another wonderfully solid effort from Ty tonight. Allowing 4 goals excludes him from exemplary performance rating, but he was certainly quite good tonight. Fluky first goal, Smyth completely botches the 2nd, 3rd one hits and drops RIGHT there for Morrow, and Smith and Brew leave him out to dry in OT. YUCK!

Bergeron-Ulanov
-Not among their best performances lately. They weren't good, they weren't terrible. MAB shoulda had more chances on the PP, but Brewer seems to have something against passin to him. Ulanov didn't look the same tonight, looked a little slower than usual.

Cross-Staios
-These guys both need a rest, which is bad news. Staios is burnt from the beginning of the season, and now simply cannot bring it like he had been. Cross is playin alright, did okay tonight.

Smith-Brewer
-To me they were better than they have been, but still, Eric Brewer needs to make MUCH FASTER DECISIONS out there. He bumbled around the puck all night long just like he has all season, I just don't understand how he can look so poised yet screw up at the most inopportune times. 2 points tonight, so can't be too harsh on him, but he coulda hoisted that team up tonight with a little more focus, and he did not. Jason Smith played his usual game, but again, he's been lackin toughness lately. HORRIBLE play on the OT goal. Stood there.

Chimera-Oates-Hemsky
-Never actually a line, but since they essentially got grouped together, I'll put them here. Jason didn't get anywhere near enough ice time to warrant judgement, and I don't understand why because he was lookin solid tonight. Adam Oates was pretty good on the draws, but boy did he have some BAD lapses tonight. Why oh WHY did Marty have to go down...we don't deserve this. Ales didn't play too well, but still didn't deserve a benching. You send him out on that PP, you send him out in OT, gotta take that gamble. Was pretty weak on the puck tonight during regulation, despite showing alot of step. He can't be on a line with Shawn Horcoff, it won't work!

Pisani-Horcoff-Smyth
-Well, Fernando played an excellent game, that's for sure. Made the most of his chances, as he always seems to, and busted it hard out there, full marks to Fernando. Shawn Horcoff played a very mixed game. Made a nice pass to setup Fernando, and did very well on the dot, but was very questionable alot of the game. Out of position and bumblin the puck all over the place. Complete mixed bag, but then again I don't expect anything less. Him and Ales are like Water and Oil. Ryan played a pretty decent game, but really coulda taken it to the next level and didn't, which was disappointing.

Moreau-Stoll-Laraque
-Not the game we're used to seeing from these guys. Jarret wasn't very good at all on the dot, and didn't have his usual spark out there. Ethan gave it his all, but something was missing tonight, might be fatigue again, not sure. He really made a bad play late there, not blockin that pass. Georges was okay, but I don't want him on this line at all, not his place.

Torres-Nedved-Dvorak
-These guys are slowin down. Raffi looked pretty iffy tonight. Still don't think that's his place. Radek and Petr were both just a tad off, not co-ordinated very much, not buryin the biscuit.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yet another big chance that got away tonight. So many ways we win this game, and it's a shame, because that crowd was ready for and deserved that ROAR at the end of a solid victory, sadly it didn't come tonight.

When Dallas scored, I kinda sat there in disbelief, just didn't know what to think. Lookin over at the players bench, you could tell the same thing was on their minds.....how did we lose this one?

Hopefully we can recover in time to roll up LA in a serious way, and get the steamroller ready for the last five games.

A dejected and tired, but still fairly positive for the guy he is, LMHF#1 OUT!

Last edited by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1: 03-25-2004 at 11:48 AM.
Old
03-25-2004, 03:43 AM
rabi_sultan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
i know its dissapointing but at least we got the point and still carried on that unbeaten in regulation streak, and LA lost. so at least thats something to rally around for the next game coming up.

Closed Thread