HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

2009-10 KHL Season

Old
09-24-2009, 01:39 AM
Vedmaq

vCash: 500
Now, when Pronin has left for Metallurg, Zherdev became a major fighter in Atlant

See 05:30 Zherdev vs Erik Reitz
win by score
http://www.arena-mo.ru/index.php?opt...6&best=0&limit

UPD: shorter version

Last edited by Vedmaq: 09-24-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Vedmaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Ciccarelli

Must be pretty embarrassing for a north american goon to lose in a hockey fight against a russian skill player...

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:29 AM
VladNYC

Haha! Zherdev, always with a surprise for everyone.

VladNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Den

Actually I think Erik landed more punches. He just isn't as stable on the skates as Z, but we know that

Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 07:31 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Yaroslavl to release Bonk, trade Rudenko.

At least, I think that's what it says...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 01:35 AM
Vedmaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Yaroslavl to release Bonk, trade Rudenko.

At least, I think that's what it says...
New info is that theyíve signed Afanasenkov and havnít released Bonk and Rudenko. The source here is Lokomoptivís GM.
http://www.allhockey.ru/news/62137/

Old
09-30-2009, 06:48 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Igor Korolev was also signed by Loko, how old is he? must be 39 or 40?

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 07:17 AM
Vedmaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Igor Korolev born 06.09.1970
So he's turn 39 recently.

Old
10-01-2009, 05:50 AM
Vedmaq

Finally, Radek Bonk’s contract with Lokomotiv is terminated on mutual agreement.

Old
10-01-2009, 12:49 PM
jlavaia

nice win for Avangard today. Ramo was fantastic in goal for them yet again. he's having a nice year so far.

jlavaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Islandersfan1621

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Oh I am a fan of him...He is such a warrior despite his age and physical health...

BTW I am a fan of the KHL and love to watch Russian players. (I am Russian myself, most of my family lives in Russia while I currently live in the States). Unfortunately they don't broadcast or show any type of KHL hockey here obviously but I love to watch the highlights on youtube lol.

Islandersfan1621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 06:43 PM
jlavaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandersfan1621 View Post
Oh I am a fan of him...He is such a warrior despite his age and physical health...

BTW I am a fan of the KHL and love to watch Russian players. (I am Russian myself, most of my family lives in Russia while I currently live in the States). Unfortunately they don't broadcast or show any type of KHL hockey here obviously but I love to watch the highlights on youtube lol.
if your on the internet in the mornings you can catch the live airings of games on channelsurfing. im in the US too and thats how i see KHL games. last season they even had the occasional SEL game too. its a great site. the only problem sometimes is being around at 10AM-11AM Eastern when the games are happening. i cant always catch the entire game.

Old
10-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Islandersfan1621

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavaia View Post
if your on the internet in the mornings you can catch the live airings of games on channelsurfing. im in the US too and thats how i see KHL games. last season they even had the occasional SEL game too. its a great site. the only problem sometimes is being around at 10AM-11AM Eastern when the games are happening. i cant always catch the entire game.
Oh nice..so they usually are around 10-11 in the morning? What time zone would 10-11 be in?

Old
10-01-2009, 09:47 PM
jlavaia

Quote:
Oh nice..so they usually are around 10-11 in the morning? What time zone would 10-11 be in?
its 10 in the morning EST which is the east coast of the US. the games are airing live and due to the time difference between Russia and the US thats when they are aired on the site in the US. if you're on the west coast the games would air at 7 or 8 AM. it all depends on the start time of the game in Russia. they're like 7 or 8 hours ahead of the east coast of the US. its great for the weekends and days i go into work later. i usually catch half a game during my lunch hour. sometimes there are games even earlier though. the Metallurg game aired at 4AM where i am, so it must have been an afternoon game in Russia. most games air between 10-noon EST though. the announcers speak in Russian which is cool. i cant understand anything but the players names, but you said you were Russian so you if you speak it you'll be able to understand the announcers too. i watch alot of hockey not knowing what announcers are saying though. it just adds to the game and i like it. its like watching a Habs game and hearing only very excited french.

Old
10-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Islandersfan1621

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavaia View Post
its 10 in the morning EST which is the east coast of the US. the games are airing live and due to the time difference between Russia and the US thats when they are aired on the site in the US. if you're on the west coast the games would air at 7 or 8 AM. it all depends on the start time of the game in Russia. they're like 7 or 8 hours ahead of the east coast of the US. its great for the weekends and days i go into work later. i usually catch half a game during my lunch hour. sometimes there are games even earlier though. the Metallurg game aired at 4AM where i am, so it must have been an afternoon game in Russia. most games air between 10-noon EST though. the announcers speak in Russian which is cool. i cant understand anything but the players names, but you said you were Russian so you if you speak it you'll be able to understand the announcers too. i watch alot of hockey not knowing what announcers are saying though. it just adds to the game and i like it. its like watching a Habs game and hearing only very excited french.
Ah yeah I live in the East Coast as well so that'll work well to watch a game after I have a morning class finished. I really want to follow the league and players but it seems pretty complicated to do given the fact its so far away and not talked about over in the states. I'll need to check out that site and try to watch some games when I can. The game over there is of different style which I really like. But yeah that is cool that they have the commentators speak on their streams. I'll be able to understand them and it'll be an even better experience for me haha....Sounds great, I need to get into the KHL as soon as I can. I can't read in Russian so the site is pretty useless for me
But yeah hopefully it'll be a good year. I don't even know what team to root for yet. Maybe Magnitogorsk or maybe the Dynamo or even AK Bars...No clue but hopefully I'll find the right team lol.

Old
10-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Islandersfan1621

Looks like there will be a game today in just 15 minutes. Hopefully I'll enjoy it.

Old
10-02-2009, 04:23 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Looks like there will be a game today in just 15 minutes. Hopefully I'll enjoy it.
there are tons of ip tv sites that broadcast russian sports, payed and free as well, so stop crying and get to work searching the web )))
the KHL web-site broadcasts games daily as well.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 12:23 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Alright, this might be kind of immature, but this is still kind of funny. What is this guys real name?

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...d4ao03NqBKP6ow

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 01:35 AM
Fowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Alright, this might be kind of immature, but this is still kind of funny. What is this guys real name?

Does anyone think Weinhandl can keep it up?

Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 07:23 AM
Slitty

Quote:
Pavel Trakhanov.

Slitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 03:15 PM
VladNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitty View Post
Pavel Trakhanov.
Haha! Greatest name ever!

VladNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Fowler

Quote:
FYODOROV: I LIKE PLAYING IN METALLURG
Metalllurg Magnitogorsk forward Sergey Fyodorov talked about his career in Metallurg Magnitogorsk.

"I am satisfied with the current state of things", said Fyodorov. "My teams win majority of our games and heads the Eastern Conference. In genera everything is all right now".
"Itís clear that people waited more effectiveness from me and itís absolutely normal. Itís necessary to understand that in order to adapt in the team, I need to take into account not only my own interests, but also my teamís targets".
"Our team shows stable results and I canít add something new to it, as I just keep on doing my job".
"NHL stayed on the other side of the ocean. No I play in KHL in an absolutely different club than Washington".
"I have no plans concerning playing for the national team at the Euro Hockey Tour stages. I am concentrated on playing in my club and I havenít event talked to the national teamís managers yet".
http://english.sport-express.ru/news/13_4068/

Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 03:50 PM
jore

Columbus loaned Nikita Filatov to CSKA Moscow for rest of season. Filatov will leave to Russia tomorrow and make his KHL debut on Saturday.

jore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 11:05 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Why was Kosechkin traded to Magnita? They do not believe in Proskyuriakov, Lada could not pay him or something, or did his drinking problems just get the best of him?

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 06:02 AM
steap

Send a message via ICQ to steap
Quote:
Why was Kosechkin traded to Magnita? They do not believe in Proskyuriakov, Lada could not pay him or something, or did his drinking problems just get the best of him?
Koshechkin become UFA and was signed by Metallurg.

steap is offline   Reply With Quote