HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

2009-10 KHL Season

Old
11-21-2009, 11:47 AM
dynamoovechkin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandersfan1621 View Post
I don't even know what team to root for yet. Maybe Magnitogorsk or maybe the Dynamo or even AK Bars...No clue but hopefully I'll find the right team lol.
Root for Avangard, they are a team with a soul.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 11:54 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Look out for Avtomobilist and their winning ways. Ever since they picked up Zhmakin they've been hot.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 03:12 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Avto is surprisingly competitive all of a sudden))

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 03:14 PM
cska78

Filatov had himself a return!!! 1+2 pts

Old
11-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Filatov had himself a return!!! 1+2 pts
And he thinks he took the right decision!

http://www.russianhockeyfans.com/khl...ecision-8.html

11-22-2009, 05:20 AM
perklunt
smaržas parfume.lv

Marcel Hossa headed KHL TOP scorers list.

Sport Express talked to Dynamo Riga forward Marcel Hossa, who heads the list of KHL top scorers with 17 goals. (20 goals atm, btw) 22 of november.

Marcel Hossa scored two goals in the games against Ak Bars and Neftekhimik each to head the KHL top scorers’ list.

"Maybe Dynamo Riga really became a different team after KHL break", said Hossa to Sport Express.

"To my mind all our players understood during November break that it couldn't last the same way anymore. We discussed our problems and ways to improve our results".

"Actually, these talks united us as a team. When we played in Kazan and Nizhnekamsk, we felt for the first time that results of this work won’t be lost".

"And of course our coach Supler and his assistants changed many things during our trainings. We have been working on correcting our mistakes during these ten days".

"Players became more self-confident, though frankly speaking it was seen that we were a little bit nervous at the opening minutes of the match with Ak Bars".

"However after that we understood that we succeeded in many components of the game, and played the best match of this season. Victory in Kazan was very important not only from our position in the standings, it also helped us psychologically. And our main target now is to keep the same mindset".

"Rumours about Julius Supler’s dismissal urged us forward. I suppose the previous season was successful for us and all players know that Supler can create warn and friendly atmosphere in the team. Nobody wanted to lose this wonderful coach".

"I was worried about these rumours and I tried not to think about them, however I didn’t manage to distract from these negative thoughts. Fortunately, we support our head coach by our good performance and victories".

"I began my career in NHL when I was very young and I turned to be not very strong for their hockey".

"It often happens that player is considered to be a star in his home country, but when he comes to the North America, he doesn’t impress with goals there. It happens not because level of hockey is much higher in NHL, as many players prefer European style. And I think that I found my best team in Riga".

"Maybe I will return to NHL some day, but I will do it only if I feel that I really can play hockey there".

so hes now top1 scorer with 20 goals and 5th overall with 20+9, 29 points.

perklunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 07:04 PM
slovakiasnextone

And another 2 goals for Hossa today....wth has gotte into him this season?

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 03:00 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

I read in here that Bonk was released by his team? Was one of my fave Sens back in the day, any word on if anyone wants to pick him up/where he will go next?

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
It happened more than one month ago. Now he plays for Trinec in the Czech Republic.

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 05:51 PM
BryceIsRight

Another nice game from Filatov, but this time CSKA lost to local rival Spartak in away game... 2 assists, plus one in +/-... very nice pass to Kulyash when he opened the scoring... overall 4 games, 4+4 for 8 points, plus 6... and as always for him - great shooting percentage - he scored those four goals in just 8 shots, that makes 50%... don't forget about his KHL record for 3 game winning goals in a row...off to great start, way to go Nikita...!

BryceIsRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 06:39 PM
cska78

tough loss: red-blue nation mourns..

Old
11-28-2009, 01:11 PM
perklunt
smaržas parfume.lv

and one more goal for Marcel Hossa, win over Lokomotive Yaroslavl in shootout. DRG 3-2 Loko
http://sportacentrs.com/hokejs/video..._lokomotiv_3_2

Old
11-28-2009, 09:32 PM
cska78

that Hossa guy is on FIRE

Old
11-29-2009, 09:06 AM
BryceIsRight

Quote:
that Hossa guy is on FIRE
He clearly deserves calling to Slovakian team for the Olympic games with form like that... btw Dinamo Riga is currently six points below the playoffs in the KHL, with more games played then most of the opponents... I hope that they'll make the playoffs this year as well... but right now they need some secondary scoring, only Hossa won't win all the games for them...

Old
11-29-2009, 11:18 AM
perklunt
smaržas parfume.lv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceIsRight View Post
He clearly deserves calling to Slovakian team for the Olympic games with form like that... btw Dinamo Riga is currently six points below the playoffs in the KHL, with more games played then most of the opponents... I hope that they'll make the playoffs this year as well... but right now they need some secondary scoring, only Hossa won't win all the games for them...
actually we got some

Mike Iggulden 7+12 (19)
Janis Sprukts 4+12 (16)
Aleksandrs "The Deadly" Nizivijs 6+9 (15)
Mikelis Redlihs 7+6 (13)
Lauris Darzinsh 6+7 (13)

not so much scoring from them but still.

Last edited by perklunt: 11-29-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old
11-29-2009, 03:28 PM
BryceIsRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by perklunt View Post
Mike Iggulden 7+12 (19)
Janis Sprukts 4+12 (16)
Aleksandrs "The Deadly" Nizivijs 6+9 (15)
Mikelis Redlihs 7+6 (13)
Lauris Darzinsh 6+7 (13)

not so much scoring from them but still.
So Marcel scored so far 23 times season, and nobody else got even 10 goals behind him, the second player on scoring list found the net 7 times - I've got something like that on my mind writing about secondary scoring...

Btw - Filatov with another, fifth goal after returning to Moscow... this time CSKA got three points against Traktor on the home ice...

Old
11-29-2009, 05:44 PM
torero

Quote:
anyone has an idea how come ?? at the beginning they were given dead ... suddenly they achieve marvels ! ??

Also how is Gerber playing for the Atlant ??

tks

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 09:01 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
anyone has an idea how come ?? at the beginning they were given dead ... suddenly they achieve marvels ! ??

Also how is Gerber playing for the Atlant ??

tks
Haven't seen Atlant play this year, but the fans are not happy with Gerber's play, I read that on allhockey,ru. Atlant is not doing all that well either.
Avtomobolist is sifting players through the team - getting rid of those who can't perform plus the coach, plus it's a learning process for many players and they are getting better as the season goes on.

Old
11-30-2009, 03:04 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Avto also has some good young players like Nikontsev and Kazionov who look to be developing into fine players, plus the pick up of Zhmakin boosted the offense a little. The goaltending has been better than expected as well.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 05:48 AM
BryceIsRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post

Also, when does Hossa's contract expire?
After this season, I believe he signed 2 years contract with Dinamo... Arnason with his first 2 goals for Riga, I hope he will be giving 100% from his play, because in Hartford he was lazy as hell... :/

Old
12-07-2009, 01:33 PM
BryceIsRight

Quote:
Today they won against Salavat 4:3...! totally unexpected... Hard to imagine how players from Ufa feel when they lost three goals leading in 5 minutes of the second period... way to go, only two points to playoffs now!

Old
12-08-2009, 10:28 AM
cska78

Every year it gets worse and worse: Rich clubs poach small team's stars who dwell on the bench or on the 4th line, while they could have been developing and getting top minutes.
Zubov had an agreement with CSKA when he left, but comes back to Salavat
SKA, Ak Bars and Avangard, tried to poach Tikhonov from Severstal', while he clearly left from there to Phoenix, same teams tried to poach Filatov from cska.
Instead of setting up an emergency fund and help lada survive and not embarass the league: Ak Bars poaches: Ketov, Bodrov,(both high scoring forwards to share minutes between the bench and the 4th line) Zakharchuk, Magnitka: Koshechkin (a NT candidate to be a back up)
The list goes on and on and on...One would think that creartion of KHL would bring some parity to the league, but rich get richer and poor get even more poor.
One can be 100000% sure that teams like Ak Bars, SKA, Salavat, Dynamo,possibly Avangard and Magnitka, Lokomotive, Atlanta have gone beyond the cap - and instead of punishing them and having them pay dollar for dollar - so less fortunate teams can be helped - KHL gives them right to bring 1 and (correct me if I am wrong) now 2 players outside of the cap.
It's an extreme of self-destruction but no one seems to care...

Old
12-08-2009, 02:15 PM
VladNYC*

Quote:
Every year it gets worse and worse: Rich clubs poach small team's stars who dwell on the bench or on the 4th line, while they could have been developing and getting top minutes.
Zubov had an agreement with CSKA when he left, but comes back to Salavat
SKA, Ak Bars and Avangard, tried to poach Tikhonov from Severstal', while he clearly left from there to Phoenix, same teams tried to poach Filatov from cska.
Instead of setting up an emergency fund and help lada survive and not embarass the league: Ak Bars poaches: Ketov, Bodrov,(both high scoring forwards to share minutes between the bench and the 4th line) Zakharchuk, Magnitka: Koshechkin (a NT candidate to be a back up)
The list goes on and on and on...One would think that creartion of KHL would bring some parity to the league, but rich get richer and poor get even more poor.
One can be 100000% sure that teams like Ak Bars, SKA, Salavat, Dynamo,possibly Avangard and Magnitka, Lokomotive, Atlanta have gone beyond the cap - and instead of punishing them and having them pay dollar for dollar - so less fortunate teams can be helped - KHL gives them right to bring 1 and (correct me if I am wrong) now 2 players outside of the cap.
It's an extreme of self-destruction but no one seems to care...
Agree 100%

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Peter25

Should the KHL become more communist like the NHL is?

I think YES.

Filthy rich teams like Kazan and Ufa are ruining the competition. Ufa has better players on their 5th (yes, 5th) line than Avtomobilist has in their 1st line.

KHL must do something about this inequality. I would rather watch Igor Grigorenko play in the first line in Khabarovsk and in the 4th line in Ufa.

The problem is of course that these teams with big money run the league. I don't think Fetisov and co. want to upset Tatneft too much.

Peter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 03:58 PM
ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
I don't think Fetisov and co. want to upset Tatneft too much.
Speaking of which, Nemchinov said that in the next game Fetisov will play and teach youngsters how to defend. And it didn't sound like a joke. Fetisov took a couple of days to give an answer.
http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/...isya-Fetisovim
Man, I wanna see that.

ult is offline   Reply With Quote