HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A trade proposal from an NYR fan

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2004, 08:27 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
A trade proposal from an NYR fan

First of all, I'm pulling for you guys to make the POs. I'm glad to see Nedved playing well for you. He was made to play on Edmonton ice. As for my proposal, here goes - it seems that for a long time now, Oil fans have felt that they deserve to get Jamie Lundmark, being the hometwon boy and all. Well, as you all know, the Ranger are FINALLY going through with the necessary rebuilding program. And, while Jamie is finally getting his time, there are some poeple who believe that, for better or for worse, his time in NY is just about up, and, he may need to go to another organization to be finally successful. Understand a few things, a few people who loved him when he was drafted are saying that he does not appear to be the same player, that he's floating through games, and that he does not appear aggressive as he was when he was being touted as a player in the Roenick/Yzerman mold. With the acquisition of four centers at the deadline, two of which happen to be thought as 2nd line material, Lundmark could easily be seen as expendable by Ranger management. So, my question is, would the Oil be willing to give up their first round pick in the upcoming draft for Lundmark and a draft choice?

Old
03-25-2004, 09:16 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Even though Lundmark is a hard working blue collar homeboy which the Oilers love, they simply have too many forwards. They need that top notch goaltending prospect, or another PP defenseman.

Old
03-25-2004, 11:05 AM
oilers24

I would like Lundmark here he'd be a nice addition. only thing i would give up is maybe Philly's pick but we do need a top goalie prospect and a puck moving big d-man

Old
03-25-2004, 12:56 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
First of all, I'm pulling for you guys to make the POs. I'm glad to see Nedved playing well for you. He was made to play on Edmonton ice. As for my proposal, here goes - it seems that for a long time now, Oil fans have felt that they deserve to get Jamie Lundmark, being the hometwon boy and all. Well, as you all know, the Ranger are FINALLY going through with the necessary rebuilding program. And, while Jamie is finally getting his time, there are some poeple who believe that, for better or for worse, his time in NY is just about up, and, he may need to go to another organization to be finally successful. Understand a few things, a few people who loved him when he was drafted are saying that he does not appear to be the same player, that he's floating through games, and that he does not appear aggressive as he was when he was being touted as a player in the Roenick/Yzerman mold. With the acquisition of four centers at the deadline, two of which happen to be thought as 2nd line material, Lundmark could easily be seen as expendable by Ranger management. So, my question is, would the Oil be willing to give up their first round pick in the upcoming draft for Lundmark and a draft choice?
I definitely wouldn't move our first rounder for Lundmark.. he's not a bust yet but he certainly hasn't progressed as the Rangers organization hoped. I personally feel his value is now less than a first rounder.. likewise, our depth at center is fairlu decent now and we actually have too many NHL quality forwards (granted many of them are 3rd/4th liners). Lundmark would be a nice gamble but I wouldn't be willing to deal a 1st rounder for him, especially not a top 20 pick.

Old
03-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

how about him for Rita and a 4th rounder?

Old
03-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Master Lok

Interesting idea! As some have already said, the Oilers already have a plethora of forwards on their roster. Would the Rangers be interested in trading a prospect for a more experienced player instead?

Would a trade of Lundmark for Horcoff or Reasoner be fair or of interest?

Old
03-25-2004, 03:04 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
neogeo have you seen this season? Reasoner's absence has been HUGE. No way do the Oilers part company with him, he should be a fixture on the line for a good 3-4 years yet.

Old
03-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Mizral

Actually, I don't think Lundmark would be a terrible idea.

Here would be my trade proposal in the offseason:

Jamie Lundmark for Brad Isbister

Old
03-25-2004, 03:13 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Here would be my trade proposal in the offseason:

Jamie Lundmark for Brad Isbister
I would have no problems with that trade at all.

Old
03-25-2004, 03:16 PM
Asiaoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit
Hey I like Izzy - but I would do that deal as well since BG has re-appeared - wonder what the Rags fans would think about it?

Old
03-25-2004, 03:20 PM
Dr_Gonz0

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit
I 2nd that.

Old
03-25-2004, 04:15 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
neogeo have you seen this season? Reasoner's absence has been HUGE. No way do the Oilers part company with him, he should be a fixture on the line for a good 3-4 years yet.
Oh I agree. I'm just curious to see what value wise Reasoner and Horcoff has as compared to a high draft prospect like Lundmark. Extra Draft pick go which way?

Closed Thread