HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

What's your team's 2009-2010 lineup as of now?

Old
06-13-2009, 09:30 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
I agree with the Sherbatov thing as well Lala and I hope Coucelles puts on some weight over the summer cause he has been injury prone and looked IMO scared in the games he played for the Juniors last year.

I personally think that Vincent's GM skills are showing their true colors. I guess he get's a pass last year because he used the Foggies old scouts, but I think only Asselin made the team from that draft and a couple of walk ons made it to xmas before getting the boot. They bring in a 19 yr old FA from Ontario who won't be back, I am not a huge fan of Roski's, but he had some grit if less skill vs Fortier (who claims he is looking to be a tough guy at his size ??) I think they handled the Rubin affair pretty badly and got an 18 year old D who couldn't make a rebuilding BAC team. All he has done so far is basically trade for his old players (even those were not clear cut wins for the Juniors)

We'll see who makes this team out of this years draft, according to PV there is 8 or more spots available which means they will struggle big time and as I mentioned before, will also get run out of their building without some size or toughness. Grenache better stay healthy cause he's not going to get much help standing up for the team.
I thought Montreal had a pretty solid draft...nothing spectacular but it wasnt near as horrible as their 2008 Draft.

Ouellet and Levasseur were great picks in rounds 1 and 2, i thougth their 3rd rd pick (Narbonne) was a head scratcher, similar to when they took Roski in rd 2. Laflamme was one of my favourite prospects and could prove to be a steal in round 4. Poudrier and Roux in round 6 are both smaller players but boy can they skate and they both have lots of skill as well.

LaLaLaprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 10:08 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI Hockey View Post
I think Chris Holden will have something to say about Mosher being on the team.

The Rocket apparently have a Euro defenseman lined up, and I imagine they will take an impact forward with the later pick.
Chris Holden? He is still Eagles property...

Competition for Mosher would be Jonathan Waye.

Old
06-13-2009, 10:30 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Lol. Hubert Genest on the top pairing on D. I hope Jake Allen has new pads, 'cause he's gonna use them a lot this year.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:39 AM
BornReady

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaprise View Post
I thought Montreal had a pretty solid draft...nothing spectacular but it wasnt near as horrible as their 2008 Draft.

Ouellet and Levasseur were great picks in rounds 1 and 2, i thougth their 3rd rd pick (Narbonne) was a head scratcher, similar to when they took Roski in rd 2. Laflamme was one of my favourite prospects and could prove to be a steal in round 4. Poudrier and Roux in round 6 are both smaller players but boy can they skate and they both have lots of skill as well.

I guess time will tell... If Ouellet reports, it may be considered solid, but if he doesn't and you basically gave up Adam to get him, they may not think it was such a good idea. I also am not crazy that that besides Ouellet, they used 2 of their top 5 round picks on 92's or took 3 guys from Prep and one from MAA. If they are in such need of roster bodies, why not draft anyone and take these guys as invites ? Even if these guys are good, I can't imagine they were on many teams radars and then if they turn out, their scouts look like they know what their doing. Instead, if they flop or don't report, you wasted picks on players no one else even knew about.

I am not sold on the small guy direction they are taking. Brenton worked out for the role they gave him, but IMO, you can't build a team around only these type of players, they can be fragile and could have a hard time with the grind of a full season and playoffs (if they make it)

I am pretty sure RN, Gat and VDO are probably not too upset

BornReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 07:38 AM
BornReady

I don't want to crap on PV and the Juniors too much but as a new team in the area and for fans who kind of know how the Junior cycle works, I was expecting more from them then patchwork. I don't know if this is their rebuilding year if last year was their "go for it" or what. For all their "moves" then ended up with the same point totals as the foggies with one extra round in the playoffs and the foggies had more avg fans every year in a smaller market.

If they are rebuilding, I am hoping they are waiting for higher prices at xmas and deal Allen too and have a plan for this team. Right now their biggest impact player is 17 year old... Not much as a fan to be excited about beyond that.

Old
06-14-2009, 08:56 AM
glazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead506 View Post
Saint John Sea Dogs

Assuming everyone reports including Hoffman & Petersen

Also include 2 Euro draft picks #1 & #4 Overall so that should be helpful as well.

* = Rookie

Forwards:

Alexander Leduc (20)
Mike Hoffman (20)
Nicolas Petersen (20)
Stephen MacAulay (17)
Michael Kirkpatrick (19)
Mathieu Gingras (18)
Olivier Ouellet (19)
Danick Gauthier (18)
Phillip Richer (18)
Steven Anthony (18)
Mike Thomas (19)
Josh Schram (19)
Nicolas Pard (19)
*Zach Phillips (17)

Defense:

Kevin Gagne (17)
Benjamin Lecomte (19)
Robert McEwen (18)
Nathan Beaulieu (17)
Yann Sauve (19)
Simon Despres (18)
*Pierre Durepos (17)

Goaltenders:

Karel St Laurent (19)
*Simon Giroux (17)
Kelly and Huberdeaux will be playing on this team..

glazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 02:14 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
I guess time will tell... If Ouellet reports, it may be considered solid, but if he doesn't and you basically gave up Adam to get him, they may not think it was such a good idea. I also am not crazy that that besides Ouellet, they used 2 of their top 5 round picks on 92's or took 3 guys from Prep and one from MAA. If they are in such need of roster bodies, why not draft anyone and take these guys as invites ? Even if these guys are good, I can't imagine they were on many teams radars and then if they turn out, their scouts look like they know what their doing. Instead, if they flop or don't report, you wasted picks on players no one else even knew about.

I am not sold on the small guy direction they are taking. Brenton worked out for the role they gave him, but IMO, you can't build a team around only these type of players, they can be fragile and could have a hard time with the grind of a full season and playoffs (if they make it)

I am pretty sure RN, Gat and VDO are probably not too upset
What do you mean If? He WILL report...he did the bluff to go to Montreal...that was the whole point of him saying he is going Prep School

I say this many times to people...trust your scouts. They know what they are doing. That Midget AA player you speak of, Prucha, was on many teams radar's...

I have no problem drafting 17 year olds in the top 5 rounds, if they are good players. Levasseur is, Narbonne is too but i think they took him too early.

Marcoux is a really good goaltender, he was at CSR and sure he did play Prep School but it was a Prep School in Quebec. Novella the american they took in the mid-rounds is a really good player, if he reports that should end up being a great pick.

Look at how small Drummondville's roster was...it isnt about the size. JC Laflamme is 5'06 and he plays bigger than guys who are 6'02...so which would you rather have? A soft big guy or a gritty small guy??

Old
06-14-2009, 06:05 PM
BornReady

Quote:
What do you mean If? He WILL report...he did the bluff to go to Montreal...that was the whole point of him saying he is going Prep School

I say this many times to people...trust your scouts. They know what they are doing. That Midget AA player you speak of, Prucha, was on many teams radar's...

I have no problem drafting 17 year olds in the top 5 rounds, if they are good players. Levasseur is, Narbonne is too but i think they took him too early.

Marcoux is a really good goaltender, he was at CSR and sure he did play Prep School but it was a Prep School in Quebec. Novella the american they took in the mid-rounds is a really good player, if he reports that should end up being a great pick.

Look at how small Drummondville's roster was...it isnt about the size. JC Laflamme is 5'06 and he plays bigger than guys who are 6'02...so which would you rather have? A soft big guy or a gritty small guy??

Lala, I know you are not trying to compare the Juniors to Drum ? I mean their top 3 guys had 300 points, I don't think the whole Juniors team had that many...

The team Drum had the most trouble with was SHA, IMO because they were big and skilled. Pat Roy was talking about trying to build the Remps around that model, not Drum. Most if not all teams have been saying they also would like to get "bigger".

I am not saying that small guys aren't all good, there are tons of small good skilled and also gritty guys... If the Juniors have them all then great, maybe there's hope.

I have no problem with 17 year olds either, but it doesn't help long term IMO. You only have 3 93's on your roster, at some point you're going to need some more.

Prucha ? He went in the last round, you guys could have almost snagged him with your last pick

Just saying...

Edit (yea so did Cousineau, but those last picks turning out that way are rare, you must agree)

Last edited by BornReady: 06-14-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old
06-14-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:

I think you follow the juniors pretty closely, but is this your projected line-up ? Sherbatov on the second line ? Do you think he will even report ? Geoffrey and Courcelles IMO will see 4th line duty and I am wondering if Mackinnon will even come back this year ?

I also heard Ritter is probably not coming back either...

Thank God for Jake Allen, but they will need to trade him at some point soon or they will struggle for a very long time.

What's with the Juniors and small players ? I mean I understand the new rules and all, but it seems pretty much every team in the league is looking to get bigger, no ?
There is just not enough decent players to go around. Who else would you put on there instead of Sherbatov and Geoffrey? We'll see who they get at the euro draft and if they bring in any quality invites, but as it stands it's either them or rookies they just drafted.

It was written on sports juniors that PV had said Ritter is coming back.

Yes, seems like every hockey team in Montreal is small and soft these days. I agree with you, they need to get bigger and better.

Quote:
Sherbatov on the 2nd line...

He will have problems making the team let alone be on the 4th line. Same goes for Geoffrey. I think you're putting way too much emphasis on their seasons in AAA. You have to remember they were 17. If you look at Sherbatov and Courcelles, both played on Laval...Sherbatov had way more points but Courcelles will have a MUCH better QMJHL career. One year makes a huge difference at this age.
Like I said who else is there? They had great seasons in AAA, some are saying Sherbatov was one of the league's top offensive player. Yeah he was older than most guys in that league, but at this point what choice does the Juniors have but to give him and Geoffrey a shot? I love Courcelles, he played a couple of games last year in the Q and you're right he should have a good QMJHL career, just not sure if he'll be a top-6 forward.

The Juniors WILL suck this coming season. I've said it in the other thread. But I hope Sherbatov and Geoffrey can surprise. Jake Allen will need to stand on his head because that defense... huh!

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:25 PM
BornReady

I am not saying they have a ton of quality players, that was really my point, but the ones they do have IMO will be playing more minutes then Sherbatov. As Lala pointed out, don't read too much into the stats. The kid can skate, that's for sure, but we'll have to see if he shows up, if his game can translate to the Q.

I read that about Ritter too. I guess he might, although I would have to rank the Juniors first Euro experience at bust. Ritter played top line minutes and didn't really produce and got hurt.

Kostromitin, I really liked him and they had to deal him for next to nothing. Let's hope they have better luck.

I wonder if they are going to do the pay for tryout again this year. They got a few roster players from it, I am guessing they might as well try.

I won't renew my tickets this year, but will go to a few games all the same, just cause I like the game

Old
06-15-2009, 09:39 AM

What's up with Colin MacKinnon, Patrick Parfrey and Sean Logue anyway? Will they be at camp for Montreal? Are they good enough to play in the Q?

Last edited by #57: 06-15-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old
06-15-2009, 10:26 AM
EvenStrengthHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
Adam/MacDougall/MacNeil
Stinziani/Horyl/Euro
Bourgeois/Shaw/LeSieur
Bernard/Jodoin/Chaisson
Cuzner/Parker

Ward/Brodeur
Meilleur/Ellis
Saab/Jim Campbell

Roy/Holden

Are you forgetting Micallef on the blue line. And someone who could fit in on the fourth line could be the other euro or unless they draft anyother Euro Defensmen because as of now they don't think Pischuk is coming back but also you could put in Brett McCarron.

EvenStrengthHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 01:41 PM
cantwell7

vCash: 490
If Jim Campbell comes and shows he's better than Micallef . He wont be back . I dont understand why McCarron is even on the team . He'll be 19 and only player 30 odd games last season. I think we could give his spot to a younger player. Why waste another year of his life , riding the bus and watching from the stands. I can count on one hand how many games he played after the christmas break

cantwell7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 04:36 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Lala, I know you are not trying to compare the Juniors to Drum ? I mean their top 3 guys had 300 points, I don't think the whole Juniors team had that many...

The team Drum had the most trouble with was SHA, IMO because they were big and skilled. Pat Roy was talking about trying to build the Remps around that model, not Drum. Most if not all teams have been saying they also would like to get "bigger".

I am not saying that small guys aren't all good, there are tons of small good skilled and also gritty guys... If the Juniors have them all then great, maybe there's hope.

I have no problem with 17 year olds either, but it doesn't help long term IMO. You only have 3 93's on your roster, at some point you're going to need some more.

Prucha ? He went in the last round, you guys could have almost snagged him with your last pick

Just saying...

Edit (yea so did Cousineau, but those last picks turning out that way are rare, you must agree)

Im not comparing them, im saming small kids can excel in this league.

I still dont quite understand your whole argument here. Im not a Juniors fan...im not a fan of any team period...but looking at your draft as a neutral party, I feel you guys did pretty well. Not sure what else I can tell ya.

Old
06-15-2009, 04:48 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post

Like I said who else is there? They had great seasons in AAA, some are saying Sherbatov was one of the league's top offensive player. Yeah he was older than most guys in that league, but at this point what choice does the Juniors have but to give him and Geoffrey a shot? I love Courcelles, he played a couple of games last year in the Q and you're right he should have a good QMJHL career, just not sure if he'll be a top-6 forward.

The Juniors WILL suck this coming season. I've said it in the other thread. But I hope Sherbatov and Geoffrey can surprise. Jake Allen will need to stand on his head because that defense... huh!
Who else is there?? Well almost everyone else is a better option than Sherbatov...seriously.

How many times have you watched him play? He isnt a Q caliber player. Just because you think your team will suck next year doesnt mean Sherbatov all of a sudden becomes a 2nd liner on your team. Same as Geoffrey.

You putting those 2 ahead of Courcelles is mind boggling.

Hugo Roux and Loic Poudrier (2 of your 6th rd picks) have ten times as much talent/upside as Sherbatov and Geoffrey but they didnt have the gaudy AAA points. Being in the top 10 in Midget AAA scoring as a 17 year old isnt a big deal. It happens every year, and most of them go on to be good Jr AAA players...let alone 2nd line Q players.

Your depth chart among forwards in terms of how good they are right now, in my opinion:

Guillaume Asselin - 17
Toni Ritter - 19
Nicolas Chouinard - 19
Jeremy Gouchie - 19
Pier-Antoine Dion - 18
Louis-Marc Aubry - 18
Samuel Grenache - 20
M-A Levasseur - 17
Matthew Brenton - 20
Philippe Fontaine - 18
Chris Thorne - 19
Anthony Courcelles - 17
Loic Poudrier - 17
Hugo Roux - 17
JC Laflamme - 16
Devan Gunn - 17
Samuel Fortier - 18
Colin MacKinnon - 18
Philippe Prucha - 17

Thats without Geoffrey, Sherbatov, Espo as well as the guys who didnt report because of NCAA (Bedard, Logue, etc).

You guys have a lot of talented forwards. Evan an unknown kid like Gunn, who you guys took in rd 11...this kid will impress you in camp. Has great speed and skill, very similar to Poudrier and Roux.

Old
06-15-2009, 06:33 PM
voiceofytown

Scratch off Colin Mackinnon. He is reporting to Woodstock. Won't be to Montreal Camp.

voiceofytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 07:38 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofytown View Post
Scratch off Colin Mackinnon. He is reporting to Woodstock. Won't be to Montreal Camp.
Yeah, he left last year to play High School hockey...kid coulda been a really good player. Perhaps didnt feel like toiling away on the 4th line.

Old
06-15-2009, 08:00 PM
cantwell7

vCash: 490
Quote:
Yeah, he left last year to play High School hockey...kid coulda been a really good player. Perhaps didnt feel like toiling away on the 4th line.
He didnt want to play away from home and be playing a limited role with limited playing time.

cantwell7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 08:01 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwell7 View Post
He didnt want to play away from home and be playing a limited role with limited playing time.
Did he think he was going to walk onto Montreal's top line??

To each his own, cant force a kid to move away and play a game, but you'd have to think he knew what he was in store for when he went to Montreal.

Old
06-15-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Who else is there?? Well almost everyone else is a better option than Sherbatov...seriously.

How many times have you watched him play? He isnt a Q caliber player. Just because you think your team will suck next year doesnt mean Sherbatov all of a sudden becomes a 2nd liner on your team. Same as Geoffrey.

You putting those 2 ahead of Courcelles is mind boggling.

Hugo Roux and Loic Poudrier (2 of your 6th rd picks) have ten times as much talent/upside as Sherbatov and Geoffrey but they didnt have the gaudy AAA points. Being in the top 10 in Midget AAA scoring as a 17 year old isnt a big deal. It happens every year, and most of them go on to be good Jr AAA players...let alone 2nd line Q players.

Your depth chart among forwards in terms of how good they are right now, in my opinion:

Guillaume Asselin - 17
Toni Ritter - 19
Nicolas Chouinard - 19
Jeremy Gouchie - 19
Pier-Antoine Dion - 18
Louis-Marc Aubry - 18
Samuel Grenache - 20
M-A Levasseur - 17
Matthew Brenton - 20
Philippe Fontaine - 18
Chris Thorne - 19
Anthony Courcelles - 17
Loic Poudrier - 17
Hugo Roux - 17
JC Laflamme - 16
Devan Gunn - 17
Samuel Fortier - 18
Colin MacKinnon - 18
Philippe Prucha - 17

Thats without Geoffrey, Sherbatov, Espo as well as the guys who didnt report because of NCAA (Bedard, Logue, etc).

You guys have a lot of talented forwards. Evan an unknown kid like Gunn, who you guys took in rd 11...this kid will impress you in camp. Has great speed and skill, very similar to Poudrier and Roux.
Well you really seem to know your stuff and I hardly get to see any MAAA games. I was going by what people told me and that Sherbatov kid seemed pretty good. Skilled with a lot of speed.

My depth chart looks similar to yours. My top-4 has the same players. I don't quite see how Dion is above Aubry though. The rest is interesting. I guess we'll see in camp what those players can give us. If Poudrier and Levasseur make the team above Sherbatov and Geoffrey, I'll say you were right.

Old
06-15-2009, 09:58 PM
voiceofytown

Quote:
Still can probably put up solid numbers in Junior A. Then play D3 Or CIAU after.

voiceofytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Qmjhl4life

For Drummondville are Cousineau and Didomenico going to report to the AHL? If both do then they have there set three overagers.

Qmjhl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Bjindaho

AFAIK, Dido will be with the Marlies in the fall (likely on a line with Stefanovich), and Cousineau will be backing up JP Lavasseur (though there is a decent chance that he might be returned)

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:08 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Cousineau isnt signed yet.

He is a late bday...under normal circumstances players have 2 years to sign. Since Cousineau was drafted AFTER his 18 year old season, his deadline to sign is AFTER his 20 year old season.

SO Marco could play in the Q as a 20 and than sign after the season. Or he could sign right now and play minor pro. Or Anaheim may sign him and send him back to the Q.

His situation is up in the air.

Old
06-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Bjindaho

Quote:
Cousineau isnt signed yet.

He is a late bday...under normal circumstances players have 2 years to sign. Since Cousineau was drafted AFTER his 18 year old season, his deadline to sign is AFTER his 20 year old season.

SO Marco could play in the Q as a 20 and than sign after the season. Or he could sign right now and play minor pro. Or Anaheim may sign him and send him back to the Q.

His situation is up in the air.
Forgot about Pielmeier...Timo will likely be in the AHL and Cousineau will likely be returned, because of the numbers game (unless Hiller is moved)

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote