HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Brown signed to two year extension

Old
06-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

vCash: 500
good signing

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 11:50 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Many Canuck fans never understood the value of Brown. Canuck management did and tried to protect him as much as they could. Obviously Ducks did and made a good deal.

Got real idiotic on the Canuck board. Many were criticizing Brown before the pre-season even ended, demanding that he be waived. Most never gave Brown a chance but had fun trying to compete in saying how bad Brown was. Like I say it got stupid.

AV badly misused him and did not play Brown in a way where he could succeed. Whether he was influenced by a tremendously negative and unknowing fan base is hard to say.

Brown has very poor stick skills and has never scored at any level. However, as stated here, he has great wheels and is an excellent 4th line type player.

As the Wings are showing the prime need today is skating and you need this out of all lines. The days of the lumbering enforcer are over. Guy like Brown provides you good toughness and enough speed to be right on top of the play. Should develop into a Maltby type player.
We never understood the value of Brown? Let's see, we had Brown, Hordichuk and Rypien on our opening day roster. I can see why people were complaining about him. He was redundant and unneeded. Didn't add anything to the team that we didn't already have.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that Mike Brown was terrible in a Canucks uniform. Outside of a couple good games in 07-08, he just wasn't that good at all. Surprising he found his game in Anaheim, although I think that might be Jeff Cowan syndrome and he'll fall back to earth this coming season. Either way, low-risk signing for the Ducks.

06-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Avery4Byng*

Dont forget Brown was a Carlyle favorite in Manitoba.

Avery4Byng* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

vCash: 796
After their respective playoff performance, I'm sure the 'Nucks would much rather have Brown than Hordichuk

Outside99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 03:46 AM
orcatown

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
We never understood the value of Brown? Let's see, we had Brown, Hordichuk and Rypien on our opening day roster. I can see why people were complaining about him. He was redundant and unneeded. Didn't add anything to the team that we didn't already have.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that Mike Brown was terrible in a Canucks uniform. Outside of a couple good games in 07-08, he just wasn't that good at all. Surprising he found his game in Anaheim, although I think that might be Jeff Cowan syndrome and he'll fall back to earth this coming season. Either way, low-risk signing for the Ducks.
Good example of what I was talking about

Brown changes uniform and suddenly becomes a player.

orcatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 04:34 AM
God
Free Citizen

Here's the thing about Mike Brown: He would have never succeeded with the Canucks.

It's tough being a competitive team and giving a guy like this repeated chances early on in the season without him producing any results. The Mike Brown that you see in Anaheim was much like the one we saw last year in Vancouver; that's why a lot of us were excited about him. He had wheels, could fight, and was a great energy player and probably character player too. But this season just wasn't enough. Could just be a sophomore slump...but he wasn't really worth sticking around for. It's good to see him thrive in Anaheim, but our bottom 6 is filled out as it is with guys who aren't good enough to be 2nd liners. So whatever, y'know? It's one of those trades that Vancouver lost in terms of overall player effectiveness for their teams, but it doesn't matter.

So good for him.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 04:42 AM
DarKarTs

Send a message via AIM to DarKarTs Send a message via MSN to DarKarTs Send a message via Skype™ to DarKarTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
Brendan Morrison says hi.
That was good lol.

DarKarTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 04:50 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Looks like Brownie was doing a heck of a job.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 05:58 AM
NYVanfan

funny, some guys are just lousy in one sweater, then much better in another.
he was useless as a Canuck ...maybe due to mis-use, but somehow i think he was never going to be any good as a canuck.
Good for him that he found a home ...he sure looks better as a Duck.

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote