HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Possible Goalie Coach

Old
06-10-2009, 04:26 PM
ThaDevilGirl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
Thats one of gaineys problems, by the time he figures whats going on it's too late. We need someone proactive who goes out and gets things done, and makes things happen. Gainey is obviously not the guy.
Gainey is busy sleeping, everybody knows that.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Thats one of gaineys problems, by the time he figures whats going on it's too late. We need someone proactive who goes out and gets things done, and makes things happen. Gainey is obviously not the guy.

How is it Gainey's fault is some guy want to work with one of his old boss he had succes with

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
I'm going to assume this thread is filled with heavy doses of sarcasm because I refuse to believe people are going to ***** about a ****ing goalie coach.

Bill McNeal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Garo

Oh noes

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Juice*

i think allaire is going to be less effective with the equipment changes that have come into the game recently.....

Juice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:27 PM
dre2112

So much for having an inside track on Allaire with him wanting to be close to his family.

Typical Canadiens fashion, we miss the boat once again. Sooner or later this ship is going to sink. Maybe then will our owner(s), whoever they are, get someone with balls to direct this team.

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
1- If Allaire was at all interested in coming back to Montreal, he would have told Burke to wait.

2- How do you know Gainey was even interested.

3- Allaire is a butterfly-style coach, Price is Hybrid. You need a coach who does hybrid.

4- There are still very good goalie coaches on the market

5- It is not entirely Gainey's decision. The headcoach will decide with Gainey and Martin is probably more interested in bringing his buddy from Florida who did quite a good job with Vokoon, Anderson and others.

You seem to have no idea what you are talking about. Stay reactionary, poor fellow, instead of understanding reality.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre2112 View Post
So much for having an inside track on Allaire with him wanting to be close to his family.

Typical Canadiens fashion, we miss the boat once again. Sooner or later this ship is going to sink. Maybe then will our owner(s), whoever they are, get someone with balls to direct this team.
or maybe there was never anything betwen the Habs and Allaire and that was just wishful thinking made up by our «fans»

Old
06-10-2009, 04:29 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
looks like we'll have to go with Jeff Hackett

we're a Plan B club, cant never land a freaking deal on anything

Superstars, Regular players, now even freaking goalie coaches
Quote:
You can't get someone who doesn't want to come here. Part of the problem is when people whine like this. Only in Montreal would people whine about this. Do you think anybody wants to come here when they could somewhere else and spare themselves from having to be booed/criticized for practically anything? There is nothing Gainey about this. Just because there are no media reports does not mean Gainey didn't talk to Allaire. Did you know he was going to hire Martin? At the end of the day, though, people who are free to go where they want have better choices than Montreal. The biggest problem, though, ironically comes from people who criticize Gainey and say "he's not doing enough." He's doing his best. He goes after tons of stars. He went after Arnott, Elias, Shanny, Briere, Hossa. The list goes on and on. But the people, the WHINY HABS FANS, scare them off. That plus the weather/taxes and the media who basically will do anything to get ratings. They feed the whiny fans with what they want to hear. The irony of people whining about Gainey...it's just ****ing beautiful.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:31 PM
dre2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djee#9 View Post
or maybe there was never anything betwen the Habs and Allaire and that was just wishful thinking made up by our «fans»
We didn't fire Melanson to get Price another mediocre tutor did we?

Old
06-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
You mean someone who can get the GM of another team come back into coaching??..

JM was arguably the best coach available. He managed to get him when nobody knew what was going on.

Maybe Gainey talked to Allaire and he refused. Maybe Anaheim only game permission.

Stop talking out of your ass and Allaire isn't God.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

All the people saying "now on to plan B" have no idea how ridiculous you are at the moment. Did Gainey or Martin ever say that Allaire was plan A????

Logic doesn't even preclude it as "plan A" as many knowledgable posters have wondered if Allaire could coach the Hybrid style. There are goalie coaches available out there who are experts at the hybrid style.

Starting with the guy who Price trains with in the summer (and after that he starts the season on fire). Eli something... maybe Whitesnake could tell you all a bit more about him.

Then you have Marcoux and if I am not mistaken, Kiprussoft is Hybrid.

Then there's the guy in Florida who Martin worked with and has done quite a good job with Florida's goalies.

Old
Garo

Quote:
Because Allaire is the only one that isn't "mediocre"?

Old
06-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:

You can't be serious

Old
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

i guess the best candidate right now would be David Marcoux formely of the Flames ???

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Because everybody not named Allaire is mediocre? You don't even know who the replacement will be. Besides, do you know even know who the good goaltending coaches other than Allaire are? And what are you basing that on? Rep? Do you even know what kind of goaltending coach Price needs? Let's not turn everything into a "negative" when the decision hasn't even been made.

Old
06-10-2009, 04:35 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
All the people saying "now on to plan B" have no idea how ridiculous you are at the moment. Did Gainey or Martin ever say that Allaire was plan A????

Logic doesn't even preclude it as "plan A" as many knowledgable posters have wondered if Allaire could coach the Hybrid style. There are goalie coaches available out there who are experts at the hybrid style.

Starting with the guy who Price trains with in the summer (and after that he starts the season on fire). Eli something... maybe Whitesnake could tell you all a bit more about him.

Then there's the guy in Florida who Martin worked with and has done quite a good job with Florida's goalies.
Bingo. People just hear the Allaire name and think he's the only guy who can coach.

Old
06-10-2009, 04:36 PM
dre2112

I see Gainey apologists are out. What will your excuse be this summer after the 5th or 6th year of nothingness when Gainey stands pat and isn't able to make any significant changes to the lineup?

Old
06-10-2009, 04:37 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

Eli Wilson you looking for but i dont really want him to coach price

-he's Carey buddy so i wonder how much is going to challenge him?
-he was ottawa goalie coach when Emery went nuts (not that i blames everything on him but he has to share some responsibility)

Old
06-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Garo

Quote:
I see Gainey apologists are out. What will your excuse be this summer after the 5th or 6th year of nothingness when Gainey stands pat and isn't able to make any significant changes to the lineup?
And off to baseless rambling we are.

Typical.

Old
06-10-2009, 04:38 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
i guess the best candidate right now would be David Marcoux formely of the Flames ???
I think that Florida's former goaltending coach, whose name escapes me, would seem to have the inside track. He worked under Martin before and has worked with Luongo, Vokoun, and Anderson, all of which compiled very impressive statistics working with him.

There are other options as well. We don't know what the organization's thinking is on this point.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:39 PM
GoMarkov79

I'm not a fan of Allaire and his butterfly coaching style. The reason why Price didn't want to work with Melanson is because he doesn't want to use the butterfly style anymore.

GoMarkov79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:40 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Wow, I think that's one of the dummest things I have ever read.
Unless you were working on a hainey documentary and following him day to day and know what, if any intentions he had of signing, Allaire's intentions and had any evidence other then your illfounded, unsubstantiated and just plain ignorant comment then I advise you shut the **** up.
I'm soo sick of people ragging on Gainey because he didn't make the trade they wanted, sign the player, coach, equipment manger etc. of their choosing. The Habs are light years from where they were 5 years ago when they where in all honesty hopeless. We have youth, scouts and management that most teams in the NHL would kill for and still the guy gets ragged on foe nor signing a goalie coach, A GOALIE COACH!
Maybe if it wasn't for these retarded comments from fans and media outlets Montreal would be able to bring in some top tier talent! It's not like gainey hasn't gone after top talent with better, yes better offers then they ended up signing for and he gets crucified. He let's go players who want too much money and he's chastised, he over pays for players to make them sign and he's an idiot. I wonder why no one wants to come play for us?

Last edited by shutehinside: 06-10-2009 at 04:48 PM.
shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlue View Post
You can't get someone who doesn't want to come here. Part of the problem is when people whine like this. Only in Montreal would people whine about this. Do you think anybody wants to come here when they could somewhere else and spare themselves from having to be booed/criticized for practically anything? There is nothing Gainey about this. Just because there are no media reports does not mean Gainey didn't talk to Allaire. Did you know he was going to hire Martin? At the end of the day, though, people who are free to go where they want have better choices than Montreal. The biggest problem, though, ironically comes from people who criticize Gainey and say "he's not doing enough." He's doing his best. He goes after tons of stars. He went after Arnott, Elias, Shanny, Briere, Hossa. The list goes on and on. But the people, the WHINY HABS FANS, scare them off. That plus the weather/taxes and the media who basically will do anything to get ratings. They feed the whiny fans with what they want to hear. The irony of people whining about Gainey...it's just ****ing beautiful.
Add Rafalski, Niedermayer, Sundin, Gomez to the list..

Not only that, but Gainey isn't even the one who will decide the goalie coach, its between Martin and Gainey.

And like Kriss said, Gainey convinced the best coach *available* to come here, and the guy was comfortable in a GM positon, under the sun, yet Gainey managed to pull him to Montreal.

More and more, it seems that the voices of reason on this board are rarer nowadays.

Old
06-10-2009, 04:42 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I think that Florida's former goaltending coach, whose name escapes me, would seem to have the inside track. He worked under Martin before and has worked with Luongo, Vokoun, and Anderson, all of which compiled very impressive statistics working with him.

There are other options as well. We don't know what the organization's thinking is on this point.
Pierre Groulx

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/276196.html