HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2009 Draft Ticket Info - Bad news....

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2009, 04:40 PM
  #26
danishh
Registered User
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: YOW
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,591
vCash: 50
To clarify ottawa last year:

Tickets were given to all STH's. After that, a bunch were given out to local bars, which had them available upon request and were also holding 'draft parties', where they organized a bus to the arena with their patrons.

Tickets could also be acquired by mail by sending a prepaid envelope to the sens box office. This was especially ideal for out of town fans who wanted to attend.

They gave out way more tickets than they had space for because they knew most people wouldnt come (especially STH's). Come draft day, they realized they were packed, so they made sure only those with tickets were allowed in.

It wasnt hard to get the tickets even if you had planned a week in advance, but you couldnt just walk up to the arena and expect to get in.


My problem (and everyone else's) with the way it's being run in Montreal is that the information is not nearly as easy to find. STH's in Montreal have yet to be informed whether they are getting tickets or not (my buddy had to call and ask, and even was simply told "you will get tickets", but nothing about timeline or how many.). There is no information about how non-sth's can get tickets or how any out-of-town fans can get tickets. It's simply frustrating for fans to not have this information 2 weeks before the ****ing draft.

I assume the blame can be shared by the NHL and the Canadiens organization, but either way, someone has dropped the ball here (missed the boat in sensspeak) and the fans are the ones getting screwed.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:45 PM
  #27
KL*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Madden View Post
The format has changed since the Toronto draft, which probably accounts for the discrepancy. Cheers guys!
How? By going to prime time?

Hadn't thought of that.

KL* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:45 PM
  #28
Rookie Chargers
Registered User
 
Rookie Chargers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Quebec
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,750
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Doesn't sound all that much different than the way it should be with every host city, though, or the way it was last year here in Ottawa. The difference being that the Habs have a big season tickets base and that the base is actually going to gobble up the tickets and not just indifferently pass them away like some other season tickets fanbases might?
Chances are the BC will be only half full (if that much). Who are the season ticket holders by the way?

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:55 PM
  #29
Jwm1986
Registered User
 
Jwm1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
I know its probably not as bad in Montreal as it is in Los Angeles, but id say at least 50% of season ticket holders out here are big companies or corporations who use the tickets to give to clients. Most would probably just throw something like this away..

you guys are right, most(not all) of STH dont need free draft tickets.. its the people who spend their last $50 from their paycheck to buy crappy seats every month who would really appreciate them.

I completely agree that the tickets should only be given to those STH who want them. Make them send back a form or something so you know they will actually put them to good use. People love free stuff, but its amazing how a little bit of work will deter those who really dont care. Everyone who wants to go should be able to

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 08:28 PM
  #30
Harry Kakalovich
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post

My problem (and everyone else's) with the way it's being run in Montreal is that the information is not nearly as easy to find. STH's in Montreal have yet to be informed whether they are getting tickets or not (my buddy had to call and ask, and even was simply told "you will get tickets", but nothing about timeline or how many.). There is no information about how non-sth's can get tickets or how any out-of-town fans can get tickets. It's simply frustrating for fans to not have this information 2 weeks before the ****ing draft.

I assume the blame can be shared by the NHL and the Canadiens organization, but either way, someone has dropped the ball here (missed the boat in sensspeak) and the fans are the ones getting screwed.
Yes, this is exactly it. Why do we have to wait so long to know what is going on? They should have announced tickets a month ago.

Tribal Pheonix - how did you email the NHL? I sent one to NHL.com but got no response. Thanks!

Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:21 PM
  #31
HOCCA Scouting
Former TribalPhoenix
 
HOCCA Scouting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Madden View Post
Yes, this is exactly it. Why do we have to wait so long to know what is going on? They should have announced tickets a month ago.

Tribal Pheonix - how did you email the NHL? I sent one to NHL.com but got no response. Thanks!
I actually dug up the email I sent for draft ticket info last year when I get shaky about timing - I sent them an envelope on May 28th, about a week or two after they posted the address. That means they gave out of town fans at least 5 weeks.

Now we've got what, 15 days to go? Can the mail even travel that fast?

I went to the NHL website, and found a "Contact Us" bit.... they had an option to send a non-technical email, so I basically filled that one in.

HOCCA Scouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 07:30 AM
  #32
DougHarvey
Registered User
 
DougHarvey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 679
vCash: 500
I believe the NHL is waiting for the series to end and will probably (I hope) announce everything on Monday.

DougHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2009, 12:06 PM
  #33
markg
Registered User
 
markg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=425453
http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ticleid=425392

There you go.

markg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2009, 11:52 PM
  #34
Ducksforcup
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Ducksforcup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Anaheim, California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,966
vCash: 50
Glad that the information is up now, but this is just far too late (I have already bought tickets on StubHub...). Since I am coming from California, I just couldn't wait any longer.

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 12:33 PM
  #35
HOCCA Scouting
Former TribalPhoenix
 
HOCCA Scouting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,996
vCash: 500
Did anyone fill out the form? Anyone get an email yet?

HOCCA Scouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 12:42 PM
  #36
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,856
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix View Post
Did anyone fill out the form? Anyone get an email yet?
Yeah quite a few people on the Habs board are saying they've gotten an email confirming their tickets.

What's too bad is that it seems to be based on first come, first served rather than a random draw. Most of the people who got the email sent in their registration at 9:01 or 9:02.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 01:10 PM
  #37
carcajou
Registered User
 
carcajou's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Québec, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yeah quite a few people on the Habs board are saying they've gotten an email confirming their tickets.

What's too bad is that it seems to be based on first come, first served rather than a random draw. Most of the people who got the email sent in their registration at 9:01 or 9:02.
It seems that 10 AM was too late...

carcajou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 02:09 PM
  #38
HOCCA Scouting
Former TribalPhoenix
 
HOCCA Scouting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcajou View Post
It seems that 10 AM was too late...
I registered at 908am, and got nothing.

They must have seriously had NO tickets... cauliçe!!!

Sa n'a pas d'allure du tout....

I'll be opening a thread for buying/selling tickets, hopefully the mods won't have a prob, but I'm on the hook for a hotel bill now with no draft tickets...

HOCCA Scouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 02:21 PM
  #39
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,783
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix View Post
I registered at 908am, and got nothing.

They must have seriously had NO tickets... cauliçe!!!

Sa n'a pas d'allure du tout....

I'll be opening a thread for buying/selling tickets, hopefully the mods won't have a prob, but I'm on the hook for a hotel bill now with no draft tickets...
If worse comes to worst, there's never a shortage of scalpers outside the Bell Centre.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 02:34 PM
  #40
HOCCA Scouting
Former TribalPhoenix
 
HOCCA Scouting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
If worse comes to worst, there's never a shortage of scalpers outside the Bell Centre.
The idea of going w/o having tickets secured terrifies me... I don't know if how to explain to my wife that I just spent close to 600$ to go to Montreal and NOT get into the draft....... don't think this Phoenix would be rising after that conversation!!!

HOCCA Scouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.