HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dany Heatley asks for trade from Senators (per EJ Hradek on NHL Live)

Old
06-09-2009, 05:54 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
He had some personal things in his life he was going through. Life and family are more important than any job.
Because Heatley never had personal problems in his playing career.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

I'd want a young defenseman back.....like Brent Burns.

I'm pretty sure that's what Murray is looking at too.

A top six forward + a young defenseman

Novak Djokovic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 05:58 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
one 25 goal season, never been close to a PPG

contrast with Heatley who in each year when he's played a full season he's produced 25+ goals and is a career PPG+ player.

And when the Kings were in contention last year? their amazing captain disappeared.

Dustin Brown is easily the most overrated player in the league.
You have the personal problem he had last year and see how straight you think, Oh wait that's right your a Ducks fan your always right. Quack quack quack Mr. Ducksworth, what ever you say Mr. Ducksworth, Right away Mr. Ducksworth.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 05:58 PM
semin4captain

I doubt the Hurricanes actually have what it takes to get Heatley without giving up Staal/Ward/Pitkanen, but here's an offer the Hurricanes board seemed to arrive upon:

Tuomo Ruutu+Zach Boychuk+Anton Babchuk+1st+2nd

Plus we'll throw in the rights to Erik Cole to keep Senatorsfan56 happy.

semin4captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
You have the personal problem he had last year and see how straight you think, Oh wait that's right your a Ducks fan your always right. Quack quack quack Mr. Ducksworth, what ever you say Mr. Ducksworth, Right away Mr. Ducksworth.
Nobody cares about the excuses for Giguere even though he had personal problems, regardless Dustin is another Shane Doan, good player, but not as good as hyped, at all

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:10 PM
VictoryRose

Dude has a kid like 7 months premature that weighs 3lbs.

Yeah, that might distract me from my game a bit too.

Real classy.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:11 PM
DaveMatthew

I haven't read through the whole thread, but Ottawa will demand a hell of a lot for Heatley, and if they don't get it, he isn't going nowhere.

They don't have to trade him. He just signed a longterm extension so he can't threaten to hold out and become a UFA in a season ala Yashin. If he tells Bryan Murray that he wants to be dealt to Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver (for example), and those teams don't offer anything Murray likes, then Heatley will have a choice to make. He can either play for Ottawa, or sit out for the next 6 seasons of his career.

I don't think Murray will be asking Heatley for a list of teams he'd like to go to. Instead, he'll shop him around the league, get his top 2 or 3 offers, and then inform Heatley of where he could be traded. Then it'll be Heatley's decision whether he wants to stay or go to one of those teams. If Tampa and the NYI offer the best deals and he doesn't want to go there, tough. He'll be back on a line with Spezza next year.

Murray won't try and be accommodating to Heatley here. He'll do what he thinks is best for Ottawa.

With that said, here's a trade I might make:

To L.A - Dany Heatley, Alex Picard, 2nd round pick.

To Ottawa - Alexander Frolov, Jack Johnson, 1st round pick (5th overall).

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Anasazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post

My head will explode with joy if that happened...It is realistic too, as L.A. can be a contender by the time Heatly's contract is up.

Anasazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:17 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Kind of like Pronger for Heatley. Why would a team who is a long way from contending trade for an older defenseman? I'd rather have Brown than Perry winkle. Atleast he can do something apart from his top line center unlike the chicken **** that is Corey Perry.
Yah, he went there.

Old
06-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Dustin Brown is the most overrated hockey player on the planet. Comments like he's already better than Heatley are a joke
By who exactly? Let me guess... EVERYONE? Give me a break.

Quote:
And when the Kings were in contention last year? their amazing captain disappeared.
Gee.. kinda reminds me of a certain goalie whose child was having medical problems or something of the sort.

Quote:
Nobody cares about the excuses for Giguere even though he had personal problems, regardless Dustin is another Shane Doan, good player, but not as good as hyped, at all
Oh I see you rationalize your comments by acknowledging Giguere's disappearing act when he had something similar happen. I take it the Stanley Cup winning goaltender is 2nd most overrated player in hockey?

You are the farthest thing from objective on the subject. While he may not be the greatest choice for Captian (time will tell), he certainly isn't the most overrated player in hockey. Maybe on these boards by a handful of Kings fans but that is a very small number of people. Probably smaller than the entire amount of Ducks fans on here. What is that like 10 or 11 now?

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:22 PM
MarkusNaslund19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
I think a lot of people are overvaluing the type of return he could get...

first of all, doesn't he have a NTC or a NMC? If not that changes things... but if he has one, and I'd assume he does, there will only be a limited number of teams that he'll waive his clause to go to... he won't be shopped on the open market, and that will effect his value.

Secondly, a $7.5mill multiyear deal isn't something that a lot of teams have room for... so not only would the team that he wants to go to need to have the necessary room to add him, they would need to move back the type of contracts to make it fit.

This would, for example, eliminate the trade proposal above by Columbus... it's already been said that they are having financial problems and Rick Nash's contract is already a big one for them to carry... how are they going to add another big money player like that?

Given his contract, and his NTC/NMC, my guess is that the return won't be some rebuilding package of picks and top prospects... there aren't many teams that can afford to take that contract without sending significant salary back... and the few teams that can, are likely all in rebuilding modes of their own, having that kind of open payroll space, and it's unlikely that Heatley is going to waive his NTC to go to such teams.

So my guess is that the return will be a lot more like the original trade that brought him to Ottawa (a 1-for-1 type deal sending a key player with a big contract the other way).... and considering his NTC, my guess is that the options will be limited.

Calgary is always in rumours when it comes to Heatley... but a trade there IMO is more likely going to be a Phaneuf/Heatley trade more so than picks and prospects or lesser contracts.... or with Edmonton for Visnovsky/Souray+ type deals - basically sending a big contract back.

With the cap uncertainty now heading into the next couple years, coupled with the lack of teams that actually have available cap space, as well as Heatley's NTC or NMC, add it all up and I don't see more than a very few options where he can be moved, and the return will likely be a big contract coming the other way.

Phaneuf for Heatley makes a lot of sense to me....
I don't think Phaneuf for Heatley is far off valuewise. However, Calgary really does not have the right type of playmakers to compliment Heatley's game. In fact Calgary last year was basically a team of finishers without enough set-up men.

Now I know that Cammalleri is a UFA and that in your scenario he likely doesn't come back. But that leaves you with Jokinen (for another year), Iginla, and Heatley, all great players, but you've got too many shooters and not enough passers IMO.

MarkusNaslund19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
And we're only, what, four years removed from that trade? So how or why is it comparable to what's happening now, especially when we've seen many other star players traded for far less?

If the Sens get a big return for Heatley then more power to them. But recent history suggests some posters should probably temper their expectations, is all.
When you think about how many other blockbusters have occurred in the last four years though? With the majority of them, they often involve a young top prospect making the deals hard to declare whether the trade was fair or not. I am not nor are my fellow Ottawa fans saying Heatley will return Weber or Lecav but what's being posted here is not far off in terms of value. I don't expect Ottawa to receive a 100 point or 50 goal scorer swap for Heater but I do expect a current 60 or 70 point player with a lot of upside or potential to become a 80/90 point player (e.g., Frolov)!

Highbrow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Kind of like Pronger for Heatley. Why would a team who is a long way from contending trade for an older defenseman? I'd rather have Brown than Perry winkle. Atleast he can do something apart from his top line center unlike the chicken **** that is Corey Perry.
That's funny because Perry had 20 more points in the regular season, plus another 14 in the playoffs but somehow Brown is a better player? why because he hits more?

Perry irritates goalies a hell of alot more than Dustin Brown

(NOTE It's the Kings fans bringing up Perry and Ducks players)

Old
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post

With that said, here's a trade I might make:

As a Kings fan I kinda like it, you have to pay to get a top player which Heatley is. Frolov and Spezza may work out for the Sens while Kopitar and Heatley match up for the Kings.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:24 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post

Gee.. kinda reminds me of a certain goalie whose child was having medical problems or something of the sort.

Oh I see you rationalize your comments by acknowledging Giguere's disappearing act when he had something similar happen. I take it the Stanley Cup winning goaltender is 2nd most overrated player in hockey?

You are the farthest thing from objective on the subject. While he may not be the greatest choice for Captian (time will tell), he certainly isn't the most overrated player in hockey. Maybe on these boards by a handful of Kings fans but that is a very small number of people. Probably smaller than the entire amount of Ducks fans on here. What is that like 10 or 11 now?
Eh, I deleted my post. It's not worth feeding the troll, especially when we know most Ducks fans are clueless about the game.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post

Giguere has a Smythe and a cup, a hell of alot more than Brown has ever accomplished, which is almost nothing.

want to start saying Brown > Heatley...how about he has a PPG season, hell even a 70 point season, then we can talk

Old
06-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Eh, I deleted my post. It's not worth feeding the troll, especially when we know most Ducks fans are clueless about the game.
Right I'm the clueless one, who are the ones saying Brown is worth more than a player with almost 300 career goals?

Old
06-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
As a Kings fan I kinda like it, you have to pay to get a top player which Heatley is. Frolov and Spezza may work out for the Sens while Kopitar and Heatley match up for the Kings.
Just last summer I was dreaming the same... but the Sens

Highbrow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:26 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Um you brought up DUCKS players.

Quack quack quack Mr. Ducksworth.

Old
06-09-2009, 06:28 PM
JT8888

Quote:
That's funny because Perry had 20 more points in the regular season, plus another 14 in the playoffs but somehow Brown is a better player? why because he hits more?

Perry irritates goalies a hell of alot more than Dustin Brown

(NOTE It's the Kings fans bringing up Perry and Ducks players)
Can you guys make a thread for your childish Kings / Ducks crap. Nobody wants to read that here, we want to speculate on DH and what it would take to get him. Thanks.

As a Kings fan i would be up for a JJ, Moller, Purcell/Boyle, 2nd 09, 1st 10

JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:28 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
Um you brought up DUCKS players.

Quack quack quack Mr. Ducksworth.
I'd like to know if Mrs. Perry is nervous when her husband drops the gloves with tough guys like Brian Rafalski. Whatta chicken **** Perry is, has been since Jr. when he threw punches on a defenseless Downie.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
want to start saying Brown > Heatley...how about he has a PPG season, hell even a 70 point season, then we can talk
Point to where I made that statement. I wouldn't look to long. What you'll then find is what I said is actually true. That there are a handful of Kings fans that think he is God's gift to green earth. AFLAC!

Old
06-09-2009, 06:32 PM
SouvenirCity

To Rangers: Heatley

To Ottawa: Callahan, Sanguinetti, Rozsival, Stepan

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Right I'm the clueless one, who are the ones saying Brown is worth more than a player with almost 300 career goals?
Clueless? No just an a-hole. That comment is directed at you because of your comments for when Brown slumped. The same thing happened to your Stanley Cup winning, Conn Smythe winning goalie. If anything, Brown should get the reprieve since he is the inferior professional.. right?

Old
06-09-2009, 06:34 PM
DaveMatthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
To Rangers: Heatley

To Ottawa: Callahan, Sanguinetti, Rozsival, Stepan
Awful.

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote