HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Dany Heatley asks for trade from Senators (per EJ Hradek on NHL Live)

Old
06-09-2009, 06:38 PM
LaLaLand

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
Nobody cares about the excuses for Giguere even though he had personal problems, regardless Dustin is another Shane Doan, good player, but not as good as hyped, at all
Quack Quack Quack , your a joke ducky

LaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:39 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
That's funny because Perry had 20 more points in the regular season, plus another 14 in the playoffs but somehow Brown is a better player? why because he hits more?

Perry irritates goalies a hell of alot more than Dustin Brown

(NOTE It's the Kings fans bringing up Perry and Ducks players)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
Um you brought up DUCKS players.

Quack quack quack Mr. Ducksworth.
Quote:
Right I'm the clueless one, who are the ones saying Brown is worth more than a player with almost 300 career goals?
I stated earlier value wise they are close taking into account contracts and what each does for their teams. Value wise I feel they are even, Heatley is a goal scorer and a dang good one, Brown is a great all around player albeit the most overrated player in all of hockey as you stated. You are going to tell me you wouldn't want Brown on the Ducks. Man you are dumber than you sound. Typical Graves Typical.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Pinkfloyd

Ryane Clowe, Douglas Murray, Logan Couture, and the 2010 SJ 1st rounder for Heatley.

I'd be willing to move other players as centerpieces but that's my starting package. lol

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
To Rangers: Heatley

To Ottawa: Callahan, Sanguinetti, Rozsival, Stepan
I like how you tried to sneak him in there

But we see him and his 5 mill cap hit

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:41 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Moller and JJ and 5th for Heatley and the 9th Should get it done.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
I doubt it, but would love to see him in Oilers silks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
To Rangers: Heatley

To Ottawa: Callahan, Sanguinetti, Rozsival, Stepan
Dany Heatley $7,500,000
Scott Gomez $7,357,142
Chris Drury $7,050,000
Wade Redden $6,500,000
Henrik Lundqvist $6,875,000
SALARY CAP $56,700,000
PAYROLL $35,282,142
CAP ROOM $21,417,858

Have fun filling 18 roster spots with your remaing cap space

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Bumjoo Wang*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
I haven't read through the whole thread, but Ottawa will demand a hell of a lot for Heatley, and if they don't get it, he isn't going nowhere.

They don't have to trade him. He just signed a longterm extension so he can't threaten to hold out and become a UFA in a season ala Yashin. If he tells Bryan Murray that he wants to be dealt to Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver (for example), and those teams don't offer anything Murray likes, then Heatley will have a choice to make. He can either play for Ottawa, or sit out for the next 6 seasons of his career.

I don't think Murray will be asking Heatley for a list of teams he'd like to go to. Instead, he'll shop him around the league, get his top 2 or 3 offers, and then inform Heatley of where he could be traded. Then it'll be Heatley's decision whether he wants to stay or go to one of those teams. If Tampa and the NYI offer the best deals and he doesn't want to go there, tough. He'll be back on a line with Spezza next year.

Murray won't try and be accommodating to Heatley here. He'll do what he thinks is best for Ottawa.
Thank God. The bolded parts should be placed as a sticky, and quoted whenever somebody comes up with a crappy proposal claiming the Sens have no negotiating power.

Bumjoo Wang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Nobody cares about the excuses for Giguere even though he had personal problems, regardless Dustin is another Shane Doan, good player, but not as good as hyped, at all
I love how being compared to Doan is an insult to you

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Hawksfan12*

Heater and 9th for 5th, JMFJ, Frolov, Boyle

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Kingjordan

Does it bring Heatlys value that he has a NTC and the fact he has demanded a trade twice now??

Kingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:49 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnkd View Post
Pass. I'd accept jimmy's proposal over this one. It's just more tailored to Ottawa's wants and isn't as financially constricting as this one.

[EDIT] Isn't Calder a free agent on July 1st?
You're right.

Here's a revised proposal for you.

To Ottawa:
Offer 1
- 1st Round pick 5th overall 2009
- 2nd Round pick for 2010
- Stoll or Kyle Quiney
- Jack Johnson

Offer 2
- Trevor Lewis
- Teddy Purcell
- Alec Martinez "D" prospect
- Oscar Moeller
- 2009 1st round pick 5th overall
Can add Stoll or Quincey if necessary. We might get a pick in return for 2010 maybe a 3rd round or your prospect Zubov.

Better?

The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
I haven't read through the whole thread, but Ottawa will demand a hell of a lot for Heatley, and if they don't get it, he isn't going nowhere.

They don't have to trade him. He just signed a longterm extension so he can't threaten to hold out and become a UFA in a season ala Yashin. If he tells Bryan Murray that he wants to be dealt to Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver (for example), and those teams don't offer anything Murray likes, then Heatley will have a choice to make. He can either play for Ottawa, or sit out for the next 6 seasons of his career.

I don't think Murray will be asking Heatley for a list of teams he'd like to go to. Instead, he'll shop him around the league, get his top 2 or 3 offers, and then inform Heatley of where he could be traded. Then it'll be Heatley's decision whether he wants to stay or go to one of those teams. If Tampa and the NYI offer the best deals and he doesn't want to go there, tough. He'll be back on a line with Spezza next year.

Murray won't try and be accommodating to Heatley here. He'll do what he thinks is best for Ottawa.
So, letting a 50 goal scorer sit at home and collect a cheque for 7.5 mill a year for doing nothing, while Ottawa has a 7.5 less cap to create a competitive team is the best for Ottawa ?

I don't think Heatley will say "I am not going to play a game until I'm traded", but if he did for Murry to just do that is stupid.

He'll most likely be gone by the start of camp. Murray will probably use the draft to field offers and see who is willing to part with who and take the top 5 offers, or maybe 3 and work with them, unless one is absolutely unbelievable.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:51 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
You can remove the "Rumor" part. His agent confirms it in the TSN video.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumjoo Wang View Post
Thank God. The bolded parts should be placed as a sticky, and quoted whenever somebody comes up with a crappy proposal claiming the Sens have no negotiating power.
That is all well and good but he still is the reason behind the trade happening. In the Pronger deal, Edmonton got good value but look how that has turned out. I highly doubt a GM is going to trade for a guy who doesn't want to play for his team which will probably limit the teams they entertain offers from. As far as not trading him, well I guess that is an option but it will look kinda tacky from a players perspective. Would you want join an organization that wouldn't move you if asked?

That said, I'm sure there will be some sort of compromise on both sides. At the end of the day I'm sure Ottawa stands to get something good out of the deal.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 07:05 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumjoo Wang View Post
Yes, Ottawa has negotiating power because they have a valuable commodity and will have several suitors, but their bargaining power has been weakened a lot. Saying that they don't have to trade him is just ridiculous. I can't think of a single instance in any professional sport in which an athlete demanded to be traded, publicly, and wasn't. Keeping a top player (or any player, really) in the locker room when he has publicly stated he doesn't want to be there is a situation no sane GM will accept.Heatley must be gone before the season and everyone knows it. They HAVE to trade him. Period.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Caesium

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
Yes, Ottawa has negotiating power because they have a valuable commodity and will have several suitors, but their bargaining power has been weakened a lot. Saying that they don't have to trade him is just ridiculous. I can't think of a single instance in any professional sport in which an athlete demanded to be traded, publicly, and wasn't. Keeping a top player (or any player, really) in the locker room when he has publicly stated he doesn't want to be there is a situation no sane GM will accept.Heatley must be gone before the season and everyone knows it. They HAVE to trade him. Period.
Anquan Boldin.

Caesium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 07:12 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesium View Post
Anquan Boldin.
Show me where he publicly demanded to be traded.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Caesium

Quote:
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?...o&confirm=true

Caesium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 07:16 PM
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence

Quote:
Alexei Yashin?

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
Moller and JJ and 5th for Heatley and the 9th Should get it done.
only if you subtract the #9 pick.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 07:20 PM
DaveMatthew

Quote:
Way to be wrong.

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Vicarious

Were hardly at a disadvantage here. Ottawa has a top 10 sniper and player, and a former back to back 50 goal scorer, who has scored at a steady pace since those seasons. He is signed for 5 more seasons, at a respectable 7.5 cap hit. That contract is hardly a bad one as most superstars in the league command a 7-8 million dollar salary. To all the teams offering us your scraps, I can't help, but laugh at you. I have liked some of the offers I have seen, such as the Frolov, Jack Johnson, Moller and 5th for Heatley and the 9th. That one intrigues me a lot.

Vicarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Silvercup Returns
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Silvercup Returns
Stacey McAlpine, Heatley's agent, confirmed to TFP's David Pagnotta his client's intentions.

"This has been going on for several months," McAlpine said. "It's not something that just turned up over the last couple weeks."

McAlpine indicated that Heatley has no preference as to which team he'd like to be traded to, nor is any timeline in place.

"The timeline is entirely up to the team," McAlpine said. "All we wanted to do was communicate our thoughts and feelings to Bryan Murray.

"I think [Heatley's] pretty open. I don't think geography is really an issue here. I think he just wants an opportunity to play with a team where he's got a more significant role. I think ultimately that's first and foremost on his wish list."

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/ott090609.html

Silvercup Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 08:01 PM
jimmy1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
It would have to be JJ. 28 year old guys locked up like this don't come along very often.
Then I pass. We can still go after Gaborik for free. If we lose out on Gaborik/Havlat/Hossa then maybe we call again.

I'd also rather trade for Simone Gagne rather than Heatley. He'd cost less (though not much) and Philly has to move someone.

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 08:02 PM
DaveMatthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by All I Ever Wanted View Post
Stacey McAlpine, Heatley's agent, confirmed to TFP's David Pagnotta his client's intentions.

"This has been going on for several months," McAlpine said. "It's not something that just turned up over the last couple weeks."

McAlpine indicated that Heatley has no preference as to which team he'd like to be traded to, nor is any timeline in place.

"The timeline is entirely up to the team," McAlpine said. "All we wanted to do was communicate our thoughts and feelings to Bryan Murray.

"I think [Heatley's] pretty open. I don't think geography is really an issue here. I think he just wants an opportunity to play with a team where he's got a more significant role. I think ultimately that's first and foremost on his wish list."

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/ott090609.html
A more significant role? The guy plays upwards of 21 minutes a night on a line with two of the best players in the NHL?

I guess Cory Clouston's system of forechecking really doesn't appeal to him...

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote