HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Dany Heatley asks for trade from Senators (per EJ Hradek on NHL Live)

Old
06-09-2009, 11:28 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Souray+Cogliano+Chorney

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Souray+Cogliano+Chorney
Souray wants to be closer to his kids. He has a NTC and probably wouldn't want to go to Ottawa. I'm guessing LA, San Jose or the Ducks would be at the top of his list.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Vaheh

Send a message via MSN to Vaheh
Seeing as there is a rumor he wants to go to NYR(link?)

1st round in 09(19th)
Gomez/Rozsival/Drury(unlikely with his NMC)
Del Zotto/Sanguinetti/Korpikoski
Zherdev/conditional 1st if he doesn't re-sign
Sens are able to compete now
Alfredson-Spezza-Comrie
Foligno-Gomez-Zherdev
?? Fisher-Korps
(don't really know the Sens depth chart)
Whats the Sens cap situation,can they take an additional 3 mill if they choose Gomez + Zherdev?

Last edited by Vaheh: 06-09-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Vaheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 11:46 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Souray wants to be closer to his kids. He has a NTC and probably wouldn't want to go to Ottawa. I'm guessing LA, San Jose or the Ducks would be at the top of his list.
That's pure speculation that he wants to be with his family. The rumblings about him wanting out towards the end of the season had more to do with the fact he was frustrated with MacTavish. Who knows though. Ideally it'd be good to see Souray move out just so we can retain arguably a greater talent in Visnovsky, especially when he's so well-liked around the room and amongst management.

Old
06-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Hale The Villain

I would see Vancouver as a very likely destination for Dany Heatley

He comes here to Kelowna (close to Vancouver) in the off-season to party and screw away his fitness. I think he would find it very convinient to be this close to his summer home.

But what would they give up for him? Maybe Luongo and a forward for Heatley and Leclaire?

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
That's pure speculation that he wants to be with his family. The rumblings about him wanting out towards the end of the season had more to do with the fact he was frustrated with MacTavish. Who knows though. Ideally it'd be good to see Souray move out just so we can retain arguably a greater talent in Visnovsky, especially when he's so well-liked around the room and amongst management.
Apparently Souray's house in Edmonton just went on the market so this rumor about him wanting out isn't going to die anytime soon.

Old
06-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
I would see Vancouver as a very likely destination for Dany Heatley

He comes here to Kelowna (close to Vancouver) in the off-season to party and screw away his fitness. I think he would find it very convinient to be this close to his summer home.

But what would they give up for him? Maybe Luongo and a forward for Heatley and Leclaire?
I don't think the Canucks have any interest in moving Luongo....and even if they were interested in Heatley for Luongo, the Canucks wouldn't be adding a player.

...and at the same time, do the Sens really want to take the chance with Luongo being a UFA next summer.

Old
06-10-2009, 01:17 AM
Miller Time

I'm sure Heatley would be thrilled with playing in Calgary (his canadian home base), and I'm even more sure that the Flames (sutter) would drool at the shot of acquiring him...

as neither a flames or senators fan, here's my thought:

to Cgy
Heatley (7.5)
Kelly (2.125)
Schubert (883K)

Calgary gets "dynamic duo", two of the most dangerous "PF" in the game, both signed for multiple years. Also a defensively (pk) solid centreman to play 2nd or 3rd line... flames want to focus more on defensive responsibility from the forwards next year, Kelly brings that element. Schubert is a throw in...

to Ott
Jokinen (5.25)
Backlund (875K + bonuses, 1.3 total)
Giordano (892K)
Boyd (742K) or Nemisz
Vadermeer (2.3)

Ottawa finally lands a scoring 2nd line centre, along with a blue chip prospect in Backlund (who perhaps benefits from cracking the NHL on a team led by fellow swede Alfredsson), a cheap but effective and still developing young puck moving dman in giordano, and one of two solid young prospects with offensive talent... Vandemeer is an expensive throw in to balance out the cap hit for CGY.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:22 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
To NYR

Heatley
Kelly

To Ottawa

Gomez
Zherdev
1st 2009
Sanguinetti
There's no way they take back Gomez and his salary in and have two centers making about 13-14 mill, not to mention that Gomez would be Ottawa's 2nd line center.

Zherdev could be a good asset to move though, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
The Predators could get in on this. Hamhuis/1st/B+ level prospect sounds like a decent offer in my head (assuming the Sens extend Hamhuis).
I think it would take a little more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
NYI drafts Hedman.

Tampa drafts Tavares.

Then trades Lecavalier for Heatley.

Done.

Both teams prosper.
They're not going to trade for another superstar like that if it's a center. They have Spezza (although not a superstar, a definite 1st line center) already, and they're not going to take back a contract bigger than Heatley's in return.

If anything, Ottawa's gonna want young talent on the wings and defense.

Wishart could be a name moved in a deal with Tampa Bay. They're obviously not gonna want Meszaros back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
my 3 year old son is grittier than Heatly.

why not look to Pitt

Staal and Goligoski for Heatley ...there is the winger for Crosby. ...shame Pitt would be hard pressed to get him under the cap

...to be honest, I think Heatley is worth more, but, this could turn out to be a good trade.
Pittsburgh would be hard-pressed to create room for Heatley, but not only that, they don't have the pieces that they'd be willing to give up for him. Giving up Letang kills their defense in the future. Gonchar's only got a few years left, Goligoski could be a solid 2nd pairing offensive defenseman, Whitney was solid, but is now in Anaheim. Sure, Staal will be the main piece going, but what can Pittsburgh AFFORD TO offer aside from him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Someone please forward this to Glen Sather

thanks a bunch
If this were a facebook status, I'd already have clicked the "like" option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
Wade Redden for Heatley. Sign here___________________

I wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD-devil950003 View Post
I can see the rangers trying to dump salary, and then offering up something like Dubinsky, Staal, and a 1st for Heater.....They badly need a goalscorer
They'll definitely be in on it somewhat, even if it's just dipping their feet in the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loktionov View Post
Tell me when the Rangers, Flyers, Penguins, Capitals, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Sharks, Stars will clear 7.5 MIO$ and how they will clear it and most importanlly do they really need Heatley?

PS:I probablly didn't pick all the teams.
The Rangers will bury people in the minors if needed, see: Darius Kasparaitis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnkd View Post

Of all the financially-f*ed teams in the league! Well, we wouldn't be taking Redden back
Tight financially? Sure. Financially ****ed? Hardly.

No, you wouldn't take back Redden, but there's a chance that Rozsival might be involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsinoreBrewery View Post
If the Rags are ready to ship off Anisimov, Del Zotto, and Dubinsky+1st, they might get close but those albatross contracts attached to 50-60 point players sure as **** ain't gonna do it.
No, most Ranger fans with brains are aware of the fact that Staal will probably have to be involved. Something like Staal, Dubinsky, 1st.

We're just hoping for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
One of: Roszival or Drury (the ONLY way a trade could work financially)

One of: Sanguinetti, Girardi or Del Zotto

One of: Dubinsky or Anisimov

19th overall

I'm not sure what kind of young defenseman Ottawa would be looking for (d-minded or o-minded), but the Rangers have more young puck movers on the farm, so that seems to be the likely offering.
Staal will probably have to be in there.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:54 AM
GreaterGood

Send a message via Skype™ to GreaterGood
Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I can't stand the guy, I think he's among the dirtiest players in the league but yet, I still can't deny the guy is an immensely talented goal-scorer. I think where he goes depends largely on whether teams can keep their RFA/UFA (Van/Chi/Min)

Can't help but think STL & CLB would be considered front runners due to their young talent crop.

CLB probably wants to keep Nash happy by getting into a playoffs now (& not get beat down) mode so I can see this scenario:

1st 09
Filatov
Goloubef
Cap relief player(s) Huselius/Modin

*something similar. (Brassard stays because they need C)

OR STL:

Eller
Sonne/Cole
Oshie
Cap relief player(s) Jay Mckee? Jackman?

Didn't name names for relief because really, they're just to make the numbers work on both sides
I know more about the CBJ franchise than any other so I can really only comment on Heatley from an experienced CBJ fan perspective. Here's my 2 cents worth...

CBJ could make a deal for Heatley but that seems unlikely IMHO being that we just made a deal for Vermette/LeClaire at the deadline. The team (CBJ) has the capacity and the need for more firepower as do most franchises so that is not really any stunning revelation.

Some people on this board will complain about the next comment but I don't mind, as this is only 2 cents worth and who in their right mind gets upset about 2 cents? The fact for the CBJ is that they play in the toughest division in the NHL. (All teams except Nashville from the central made the playoffs this year, and Nashville only missed by a couple of points.)

The team really needs a D-Man to deal with the firepower in the division - someone to deal with all of the threats in the central. (Read move Holmstrom and Franzen from in front of the net, slow down Datsyuk, Zetterburg, Hossa, others... Also deal with the speed of Kane/Toews...) AND they need another reliable top scorer to make life tougher for the Red Wings who can use Lidstrom/Rafalski to tie the hands of Nash. (Those guys aren't exactly going away, at least not many of them)

I would say that for CBJ, the D-Man that can move a big body (and hopefully also run a PP) need is greater than the offensive scoring need, especially since the CBJ power play is ranked last in the league. Additionally CBJ also need a backup goalie since they traded LeClaire as mentioned.

Yes the CBJ would like to have Heatley but the team needs will unfortunately have to come first I believe, despite the fact that as fans we would love to have him on our team. The GM, Mr. Howson, does not appear to be the kind of guy that would find Heatley's contract attractive at this time from what I have seen but that is just speculation on my part.

Flame On...

Last edited by GreaterGood: 06-10-2009 at 02:27 AM.
GreaterGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:12 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

I have to say, Heater could end up going to any number of teams. Before the draft comes, nobody has an idea. I expect this deal won't happen until well into July.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:24 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8888 View Post
Can you guys make a thread for your childish Kings / Ducks crap. Nobody wants to read that here, we want to speculate on DH and what it would take to get him. Thanks.

As a Kings fan i would be up for a JJ, Moller, Purcell/Boyle, 2nd 09, 1st 10
READ THE THREAD

Kings fans, NOT RANDALL GRAVES brought up ANAHEIM PLAYERS.

I gave my opinion on Dustin Brown and THEY turned this into me responding to them.

It's very simple, apparently because i'm a fan of a certain team, I'm not allowed an opinion, very communist like Kings fans.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:25 AM
Philly85
Raps'

Teams I see Heatley going to:

LA
Edmonton
SJ

Gonna be to one of those 3 teams, book it.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:27 AM
Qvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaterGood View Post
I know more about the CBJ franchise than any other so I can really only comment on Heatley from an experienced CBJ fan perspective. Here's my 2 cents worth...

Yes the CBJ would like to have Heatley but the team needs will unfortunately have to come first I believe, despite the fact that as fans we would love to have him on our team. The GM, Mr. Howson, does not appear to be the kind of guy that would find Heatley's contract attractive at this time from what I have seen but that is just speculation on my part.

Flame On...
I agree with this. Heatley is not a good fit for Columbus, considering their needs elsewhere and that offensive wingers is the team's strong area.

cheers

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:30 AM
Vujtek

How about Heatley for Lecavalier? Ottawa gets great 1-2 punch down the middle with Spezza and Lecavalier, Tampa saves some money and gets elite player back to play with Stamkos and St.Louis. Maybe even widen the trade by including Ryan Malone or Vinny Prospal to the deal and some d-men (Lee, Picard...) coming the other way to Tampa so that Tampa would save even more money (which they're looking for to do).

Vujtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:32 AM
Qvist

General comment: I don't see why the Senators would move Heatley without getting a first-rate asset in return - ie, a top-level player who is at least close to Heatley's stature, a really top-end prospect or a very high draft pick in this draft. A combination of assets like a lower 1RP (ie, out of the top 5-7), good (f.e. Sanguinetti) as opposed to top prospects or players like Zherdev or Dustin Brown isn't going to cut it.

cheers

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:50 AM
dmarc
SENS!!!!!!!

this might have been mentioned in the past ten pages if so sorry for repeat, interesting info

Apparently on July 1st Heatley gets a 4 million signing bonus, I'm sure Melnyk will not be too enthused to pay a guy 4mil if he doesnt want to be on his team, makes you wonder if a trade will go down prior to then

dmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:56 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarc031 View Post
this might have been mentioned in the past ten pages if so sorry for repeat, interesting info

Apparently on July 1st Heatley gets a 4 million signing bonus, I'm sure Melnyk will not be too enthused to pay a guy 4mil if he doesnt want to be on his team, makes you wonder if a trade will go down prior to then
Good point. I believe that Murray is not going to take his time trading him.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 03:54 AM
MarkusNaslund19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
READ THE THREAD

I gave my opinion on Dustin Brown and THEY turned this into me responding to them.

It's very simple, apparently because i'm a fan of a certain team, I'm not allowed an opinion, very communist like Kings fans.
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you have no idea what communism is.

MarkusNaslund19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 05:02 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Apparently Souray's house in Edmonton just went on the market so this rumor about him wanting out isn't going to die anytime soon.
People move. The buy new houses and sell the old ones.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 05:37 AM
Cherith Cutestory

What sucks is that we will have to wait until at LEAST Saturday when the playoffs are over. I would hope that Murray has the decency to let the champs have a few days to celebrate, if so it wont be until next Monday or after.

My thought, after reading through the incredible number of responses, is that while Heatley may not bring back equal value, he will still bring back a very good return. I am warming up to the Heatley for Phaneuf rumours, dont know if Calgary fans are though...I also think that Kings fans are getting a little tired of us (and others) trying to rip apart their team. So, my most-liked from what i've seen are:

Heatley for Phaneuf (maybe Ottawa can take back Primeau to help even out the salaries?)

Heatley for JJ, Moller 5th overall (with JJ signed of course)

Heatley for Perry

Please people, no more 'Goalie X' in your proposals. Ottawa is going with Leclaire this year. Unless it's Luongo and Vancover will take back Leclaire with Heatley.

Fun Times!

Cherith Cutestory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 05:49 AM
Fyodor*

This ottawa fan doesn't want anything to do with Phaneuf and JJ.

I propose:

Frolov, Moller, 4th in 09. Conditional 1st in 2010 if Frolov doesn't re-sign.

You can take one of Picard/kelly/Schubert if you want them.

Before you throw a book at me, consider that this trade has a good chance of turning into a bag of future considerations for Ottawa.

Fyodor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 06:33 AM
Kamina
Amok

vCash: 50
Here's my basis for a Heatley trade:

Top 10 pick / 15-30 overall 1st round pick + 2nd round pick
Top six forward
+
?

e.g. Los Angeles' 1st round pick + Brown.

NO PHANEUF.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 06:40 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
Here's my basis for a Heatley trade:

Top 10 pick / 15-30 overall 1st round pick + 2nd round pick
Top six forward
+
?

e.g. Los Angeles' 1st round pick + Brown.

NO PHANEUF.
10th overall +Cogliano

You made it too easy for us Oilers fans, of course I'm going to get flamed for his.

Old
06-10-2009, 08:20 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Nobody cares about the excuses for Giguere even though he had personal problems, regardless Dustin is another Shane Doan, good player, but not as good as hyped, at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
I stated earlier value wise they are close taking into account contracts and what each does for their teams. Value wise I feel they are even, Heatley is a goal scorer and a dang good one, Brown is a great all around player albeit the most overrated player in all of hockey as you stated. You are going to tell me you wouldn't want Brown on the Ducks. Man you are dumber than you sound. Typical Graves Typical.
Quote:
READ THE THREAD

Again Graves, really again. You brought up Duck players YOU, not us communist Kings fans. Keep up the good work.....

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote