HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[Insert Player Here] to LA? (Gionta, Heatley, Lappy)

Old
06-14-2009, 04:29 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
When the word of a blogger on a rumor mill website receives higher credibility than both team GM's who flatly denied it, "news" outlets have problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Hammond on March 4, 2009
This three-way trade was all but finished last night. The Kings nearly pulled Patrick O'Sullivan from the lineup last night, but didn't because they were still looking at medical records. Then it all fell apart, in PART because of me and my attempts to confirm the blog item that was in the Toronto paper. Certain details of the trade went public, and the trade fell apart. Dean Lombardi, who was my source last night in reporting that the Kings weren't interested, told me today that he had to lie about his interest in Williams, because the deal was in danger of falling apart. He gave me permission to say that, because he knows my credibility would take a hit, but he didn't have another choice at the moment.
Q.E.D.

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Q.E.D.
Demonstrated indeed.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Is Danny Heatley right for us?

So, who thinks DL has what it takes to outbid Edmonton for Heatley? I think Edmonton will win out, but it is an interesting matchup to imagine over the phones. Though, I question whether Dean is interested at all...

I am not a huge fan of the deal, but who knows, he may be what we need to push the team to the next level (i.e. making the playoffs). Here is a little anecdote I found in the trade rumors thread about Heatley's likely destination:

http://www.team1200.com/tgor/heatley-right-for-you.mp3

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 07:40 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
So, who thinks DL has what it takes to outbid Edmonton for Heatley? I think Edmonton will win out, but it is an interesting matchup to imagine over the phones. Though, I question whether Dean is interested at all...

I am not a huge fan of the deal, but who knows, he may be what we need to push the team to the next level (i.e. making the playoffs). Here is a little anecdote I found in the trade rumors thread about Heatley's likely destination:

Like I said before-out of all the rumored names coming to LA so far Heatley makes the most sense. Gaborik is injured a lot and you have to outbid possibly 29 other NHL teams. That trade for Phaneuf is something the Kings cannot match though, that seems like a great deal for both teams and bot get rid of guys who have issues.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Fangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post

After thinking about it, I would absolutely make an offer for Heatley.

HFoilers have a proposal of Gilbert + Cogliano + 10th overall for Heatley.

Dean can beat that, especially if we offered that hot top 5 pick. I'm sure Brian Murray would find it very enticing to move up in the draft from his 9th position.

While we're at it, let's go after Pronger too. Do it Dean.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munnn View Post
After thinking about it, I would absolutely make an offer for Heatley.

HFoilers have a proposal of Gilbert + Cogliano + 10th overall for Heatley.

Dean can beat that, especially if we offered that hot top 5 pick. I'm sure Brian Murray would find it very enticing to move up in the draft from his 9th position.

While we're at it, let's go after Pronger too. Do it Dean.
To be perfectly honest, I'd rather nab Pronger and Sturm than Heatley.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:45 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
i absolutely do NOT want Dany Heatley in any sort of deal... and i have a really bad feeling about it.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
i absolutely do NOT want Dany Heatley in any sort of deal... and i have a really bad feeling about it.
I'm curious why? I am for just about all the players that have been rumored if the price is right.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Fangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
To be perfectly honest, I'd rather nab Pronger and Sturm than Heatley.
That would be good too, and im assuming Frolov is retained, but does Dean really want to extend him? you can't help but get the impression he doesn't. I'm thinking he's looking for an upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
character issues or..? If that's the case I think its a bit overblown. He needed to get out of Atlanta for obvious reasons, and now he's stuck in Ottawa with no clear direction. The guy went from Cup contender to bottom feeder. A new team with a clear direction to the top is what he's looking for. give him a clean slate and watch him thrive.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 05:41 AM
deano

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
I'm curious why? I am for just about all the players that have been rumored if the price is right.
Because Heatley is more concerned in himself than his team. He's asked to be traded twice.

deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 09:25 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
That would be good too, and im assuming Frolov is retained, but does Dean really want to extend him? you can't help but get the impression he doesn't. I'm thinking he's looking for an upgrade.

character issues or..? If that's the case I think its a bit overblown. He needed to get out of Atlanta for obvious reasons, and now he's stuck in Ottawa with no clear direction. The guy went from Cup contender to bottom feeder. A new team with a clear direction to the top is what he's looking for. give him a clean slate and watch him thrive.
Could it be that he is part of the problem?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano View Post
Because Heatley is more concerned in himself than his team. He's asked to be traded twice.
Can we stop with the first time. We all know what happened and yeah that is certainly his fault but I don't think that you can fault him for wanting to get away from that. I'll buy the second time but have we even got an explanation from Dany yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Could it be that he is part of the problem?
Maybe? My issue is if we're going to sit here looking for the perfect players to sign or trade for, we may be waiting a (real) long time. If Heatley is the catalyst that gets the team going in the right direction, I'm all for it. And 50/50 guys don't exactly grow on trees.

Old
06-15-2009, 02:10 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Can we stop with the first time. We all know what happened and yeah that is certainly his fault but I don't think that you can fault him for wanting to get away from that. I'll buy the second time but have we even got an explanation from Dany yet?

Maybe? My issue is if we're going to sit here looking for the perfect players to sign or trade for, we may be waiting a (real) long time. If Heatley is the catalyst that gets the team going in the right direction, I'm all for it. And 50/50 guys don't exactly grow on trees.
Yah, so far Vinny sucks in the playoffs, Hossa just tanked in the Finals so he sucks, Havlat gets hurt too much, Gaborik gets hurt too much and Heatley got into a car crash and wanted to be traded from 2 bad teams. I guess King fans want Lappy and Moen this summer and miss the playoffs again. I have a hard time imagining the audacity of fans of a team that has sucked for so long to critique players stats in the playoffs. It's like KC Royals fans saying they wouldn't want ARod because he sucks in the playoffs. I'd rather have a guy who sucks in the playoffs than a whole team of players who suck the entire regular season.

Old
06-15-2009, 02:12 PM
TheHMan

Quote:
One of the issues that VERY high on my speculated reasons why Heatley wants to leave is the Canadian media. It's very harsh on players when the team does not do well, and the Senators have not done all that well lately. When everything is rolling along just fine which is was at the time on the contract, it's no big deal, but as soon as things turn sour, it really tests the limits of what some people can take.

I still have a lot of respect for Heater, and he's still a good player and well worth the money he's paid. I also know that some players aren't unbreakable in terms of what is said about them, and if the current situation isn't working out for him, and he isn't happy then it's probably for the better that he moves on.

Personally, I look at what LA has to offer and it's far more intriguing than what the Oilers can offer. If a package is centered around Frolov, it gives the Kings a HUGE advantage over what the Oilers are putting out. I know you guys would love to have both of them, but Ottawa isn't going to be accepting mostly picks and prospects for Heatley.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Yah, so far Vinny sucks in the playoffs, Hossa just tanked in the Finals so he sucks, Havlat gets hurt too much, Gaborik gets hurt too much and Heatley got into a car crash and wanted to be traded from 2 bad teams. I guess King fans want Lappy and Moen this summer and miss the playoffs again. I have a hard time imagining the audacity of fans of a team that has sucked for so long to critique players stats in the playoffs. It's like KC Royals fans saying they wouldn't want ARod because he sucks in the playoffs. I'd rather have a guy who sucks in the playoffs than a whole team of players who suck the entire regular season.
For me the most legitimate criticism is that of Havlat and Gaborik. There is a geniune risk there. It doesn't mean I'm against it but I'd be more leary (sp?) of getting a player who has an injury history than Lecavalier or Heatley. But as far as Lecavalier or Heatley go, not everyone is perfect and it sounds like from what the players are saying and management is saying, the attitude in the Kings locker room is a lot better than it used to be. Is Dany Heatley that much of a mess that he'll drag the whole team down? I just don't see it. And if he can put up anything close to 50/50 while he is here, I'll pick the corn out of his turds if that makes him happy.

The thing I keep coming back to is these are the type of players that can catapult the team into the playoffs. Well never know if Kopitar is a playoff choker if he doesn't get there. There are upsides and downsides to all of these players. Gaborik and Havlat would give the team some added speed but maybe don't have the best attitudes and are injury prone. Vinny and Dany offer size and health. I guess in Vinny's case maybe leadership as well. In Dany's case he is probably the most consistent with points. When all is said and done, Vinny probably makes the most sense but the length of the contract is hard to swallow. I think when you factor that in, the length of Heatley's contract, his size, his scoring ability and what he could provide during that time make him the best choice. When Handzus contract expires in two seasons, then the team hopefully will have made the playoffs for at least a season and they could go shopping for that 1st or 2nd line center with Handzus $4m off the books.

Old
06-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Johnny Utah

The latest rumor has Briere being offered around and if that doesn't happen Holmgren might have to deal Hartnell, Lupol or Gagne. If I was the Kings I would take Gagne in a second.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 03:47 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
The latest rumor has Briere being offered around and if that doesn't happen Holmgren might have to deal Hartnell, Lupol or Gagne. If I was the Kings I would take Gagne in a second.
I'd take Gagne although I guess he's a concussion away from Brett Lindros territory so I'm sure he'll be ripped apart as well. Still, I'd rather have Heatley. Only way Briere comes to LA is if Handzus or Stoll go the other way.

Old
06-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Johnny Utah

If I was picking, it would be in this order....Lecavlier, Gaborik, Heatley, Gagne, Hossa, Havlat.

Hossa prob re-signs with the Wings, Havlat with the Hawks and Gagne prob stays put....so Heatley, Gaborik, and Vinny are the guys the Kings prob have a legit shot at.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote