Heatley back as a Thrash?

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Koval17

vCash: 500
Heatley back as a Thrash?

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=281356

I think atl can pick him up with our cap, trade a couple players mayb a draft pick, kovy and heatley re-unite! id rather have heatley over gaborik any day

Old
06-09-2009, 04:22 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Let me be very clear:

Any comments about the accident that are in poor taste will result in deletions, warnings, and infractions.

I do not want to see a repeat of some of the nonsense that went on at the Trade Rumors board.

That being said:

I never want to see Dany Heatley in a Thrashers jersey again, ever.

Old
06-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koval17 View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=281356

I think atl can pick him up with our cap, trade a couple players mayb a draft pick, kovy and heatley re-unite! id rather have heatley over gaborik any day
Heatley asked for a trade (actually release!) out of Atlanta as well -- what makes you think he would want to come back or that the team or even city wants him back? Not going to happen.

Old
06-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

It will never happen but I would welcome him back.

Old
06-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Whaddagoal
Larsson Jailbreak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
That being said:

I never want to see Dany Heatley in a Thrashers jersey again, ever.
Well said.

The Thrashers were set back quite a bit with the whole Dany Heatley situation, and only recently does it look like this franchise has recovered somewhat - years later! Recovered from the loss of a young star franchise player (Heatley), gain and loss of a star (Hossa). The team is still down a star..... if you think about it that way.

The short-term stint of Hossa and the long term loss of Heatley.......completely dulled this team's progress somewhat... Not that I blame Heatley entirely for Hossa not re-signing, but the whole situation came about because of Heatley to begin with. Hossa never intended to play for the Thrashers, and thankfully played his Ottawa contract here like a good soldier... that is until he decided to leave.

Plus, I can't even fathom a reason why Heatley would even want to come back here (at a number of levels).

Last edited by Whaddagoal: 06-09-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old
06-09-2009, 06:00 PM
KevFist
is best pony

I'm not sure how Heater would fit into the chemistry of this team.

Old
06-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Juneemoon

From a player standpoint, I think maybe Kovalchuk, Kozlov and Exelby are the only players left from, what, 2003? Heatley has a NMC so he will have some input into where he ends up, although there will be a limited number of teams that can pick up that kind of contract.

But put me down as an O HAIL NO!!!

Old
06-09-2009, 07:15 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

I'm just enjoying reading the Ottawa board rat aboot now. The tears and dissent over there compared to how they chastized Atlanta fans after his first trade request is hilarious!!!

They are all prepared to Boo him off the ice when he returns with "his new team." I seem to remember the same crowd lecturing us how they would "NEVER boo a player" that came back to their house. Big LOLs to Ottawa.

Old
06-09-2009, 07:26 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Sometimes the best part of being right is knowing that you were right

Old
06-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Koval17

even if u dont like heatley hes still an amazing player, the top 3 goal scorers in the league are Ovechkin, Kovalchuk and Heatley. He would improve the team so much, I hate ovechkin with a passion, but i would love for him to come to atl, but that would obv never happen

Old
06-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Shameus

Count me in with those who are against the team bringing him back.

At least this will stem the Kovy trade proposals for a little while.

Old
06-09-2009, 08:28 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
I definitely don't think it's going to happen, but I would certainly welcome heater back before i would welcome hossa back. That's for sure...

Old
06-09-2009, 08:48 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Heatley is a million times better then Nossa will ever be .

Heatley should still be a Thrasher ... ughhh the great things this team would have done.

I'd love to have him back .

But i want Gaborik .

Old
06-09-2009, 08:57 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Okay...I got a great trade proposal!!!

To Atlanta
Dan Cloutier

To Corpus Christi Ice Rays
Ilya Kovalchuk
Cash

That seems fair, yes?

Old
06-09-2009, 10:35 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
No thanks for Heatley.

Consider: This isn't the first time he's asked for "a change in scenery." Now he's asking for it because he can't seem to get along with the new coach. Boo freakin' hoo.

There may be only a few teams who can take on his salary, but how many would be willing to do just that? Two teams he's quit on now.

Really, it doesn't make much sense. Especially since it would likely cost us some young players. We're in no position to deal away prospects.

Old
06-09-2009, 10:45 PM
kevinqx

I don't believe he has any interest in playing for the Thrashers, nor would many Thrashers fans appreciate seeing him here again. Count me among those fans.

Let some other team get excited about bringing him over. I hope for their sake that he doesn't bolt the moment the team hits a bump in the road.

Old
06-10-2009, 01:16 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Based on his comments way back when I feel like he used the accident to get out of Atlanta and into a Canadian market where he would be fawned over by the whole city. No, I won't dig up the quotes, I've done that a million times and I don't care about defending that opinion anymore. He's an amazing hockey player, but I hate his guts, and never want to see him in a Thrashers jersey again.

Old
06-10-2009, 09:36 AM
The Maltais Falcon

Anyone who thinks Dany Heatley is a better hockey player than Marian Hossa is just nuts. He has a better shot and that's about it. Hossa is superior in every other aspect.

Old
06-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Koval17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maltais Falcon View Post
Anyone who thinks Dany Heatley is a better hockey player than Marian Hossa is just nuts. He has a better shot and that's about it. Hossa is superior in every other aspect.
hossas ****in ****, what has he done in the playoffs? Hossa has has 2 good seasons, hes overated for sure

Old
06-10-2009, 10:03 AM
The Sneak

From the Dany Heatley press conference:

I've always felt I've had unfinished business in Atlanta. I have to admit that I did not handle the events that unfolded in that city very well. I'd like to believe that I have matured over these past 5 years and I've come to realize that hockey community in Atlanta deserved better than I gave them. I want to reward their loyalty to me at my darkest hour by bringing them winning hockey. There is an unpaid debt due Atlanta and I'm here to make it whole.

Also, Marian Hossa is going to sign back with us this off season. And Santa will marry the Easter Bunny.

Old
06-10-2009, 11:09 AM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
From the Dany Heatley press conference:

I've always felt I've had unfinished business in Atlanta. I have to admit that I did not handle the events that unfolded in that city very well. I'd like to believe that I have matured over these past 5 years and I've come to realize that hockey community in Atlanta deserved better than I gave them. I want to reward their loyalty to me at my darkest hour by bringing them winning hockey. There is an unpaid debt due Atlanta and I'm here to make it whole.

Also, Marian Hossa is going to sign back with us this off season. And Santa will marry the Easter Bunny.

You don't think that that could lead to all sorts of legal challenges and whatnot. I mean, if two holiday fantasies can marry, whats to stop people from marrying a seahorse, WHEN WILL IT END?!?!?! My christ work is boring...

Old
06-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Tommy Hawk

The guy is whining because he is not playing on the top line. Can you say Stephon Marbury, Eric Lindros? Every time he becomes unhappy about one thing or another he wants to leave. He was this way at Wisconsin as well.

Old
06-10-2009, 04:12 PM
jbreiner

I don't like how he handled things here before. I also think we would have to give up pieces we would not be willing to part with for him.

Old
06-10-2009, 04:16 PM
StevenintheATL

He burned a lot of bridges back in 2005. While I really hated the fact that he got booed (I could understand him wishing to not have to be reminded on a practically daily basis of the accident.), he reaped what he sowed. The fans here were extremely supportive of him in the aftermath of the accident, and gave him a massive amount of support only to see him already have one foot out the door when the lockout ended.

While he could merit a "second chance" here in Atlanta, he doesn't deserve it. He stabbed a lot of folks in the back (the team, the fans, etc.), and is now trying to pull out the maturity card. The team has moved on, the fans have moved on. If Waddell even entertains the idea of dealing for Heatley, he seriously needs he head examined.

Personally, I think he'll end up somewhere out west, either the Oilers or the Flames.

Old
06-10-2009, 04:29 PM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenintheATL View Post
Personally, I think he'll end up somewhere out west, either the Oilers or the Flames.
I'm hoping Edmonton, personally. Not only would he be in the coldest city int he league, but in Edmonton he'd get to play with Hemsky most likely, which would be freakin sweet (we can finally see how good Hemskey is with a winger that can finish).

Closed Thread