HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Heatley to Chi

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Flapjack*

vCash: 500
Heatley to Chi

For;

Brian Campbell.

Now, if you listen to Hawk fans, the Sens are getting the better end of this deal, a proven puck rushing defenseman in his prime, who not only is one of the greatest power play quarter backs in the history of the game, but his superoir skating abilities, so great, he can shed checkers with a mere spin-o-rama.

On this board, somebody compared Campbell to Gretzky........truth.

Last summer, there was extreme interest in Campbell by Murray. Heatley, or whomever it was that let this get to the media, just killed Heaters trade value since now everyone knows he wants out of Ottawa and those ridiculous "Sens" jerseys.

Heatley does have issues, but considering Hawk fans, well, most Hawk fans, consider Campbell to be one of the best defenseman in the league, why wouldnt Murray jump all over the chance to get him? I admit, both contracts are garbage, with neither worth the money, but, in this day and age, to give up a crap contract that big, you would have to take a similar one and possibly some fringe.

FlapJack- HF's sex symbol, Blackhawks expert, a mans man, glamorous, and the voice of truth.

Old
06-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Laoghaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
For;

Brian Campbell.

Now, if you listen to Hawk fans, the Sens are getting the better end of this deal, a proven puck rushing defenseman in his prime, who not only is one of the greatest power play quarter backs in the history of the game, but his superoir skating abilities, so great, he can shed checkers with a mere spin-o-rama.

Last summer, there was extreme interest in Campbell by Murray. Heatley, or whomever it was that let this get to the media, just killed Heaters trade value since now everyone knows he wants out of Ottawa and those ridiculous "Sens" jerseys.

Heatley does have issues, but considering Hawk fans, well, most Hawk fans, consider Campbell to be one of the best defenseman in the league, why wouldnt Murray jump all over the chance to get him? I admit, both contracts are garbage, with neither worth the money, but, in this day and age, to give up a crap contract that big, you would have to take a similar one and possibly some fringe.

FlapJack- HF's sex symbol, Blackhawks expert, a mans man, glamorous, and the voice of truth.
Careful not to bite with your tongue in cheek.

Old
06-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
For;

Brian Campbell.

Really?

Old
06-10-2009, 03:01 PM
sauce

This would be a coup for Tallon. An elite sniper for the most over-hyped defenseman in a decade, with salary implications being a wash.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderin Murphy View Post
Really?
No, he isnt even top 20 all around although he is a big part of our offense and Transition game

Old
06-10-2009, 03:02 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well then, my my, I guess it must be truth.

How could I have not realized this before.

Trey Parker also said that ginger kids have no soul. He's got more cred than a HFboard member if you ask me.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Alex28*

Quote:
For;

Brian Campbell.

You pitch a good sale, Mr. Flapjack. Throw in some unproven younglin' prospect with decent upside like Toews or Kane and it's a deal.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Egil

This trade only works if we can dump at least Jason Smith to go with Heatley. Maybe Smith and Kelly.

Old
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
For;

Brian Campbell.

As I said before, great deal, except you're missing a few minor pieces.
You throw in Kane, we throw in Picard.

Old
Hawksfan12*

I know what the answer will be but what about Heatly and Smith for Campbell, Versteeg, 1st/Skille

Old
Sulayman

Counter:
To CHI:
Heatley

To OTT:
Duncan Keith
Pat Kane

Old
06-10-2009, 03:04 PM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 177
Can we have Eager to sweetin the deal ?

Old
06-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Well then, my my, I guess it must be truth.

How could I have not realized this before.

Trey Parker also said that ginger kids have no soul.
I don't get it. The Campbell part obviously was sarcasm. Ginger kids do not have souls, as Trey Parker said. Don't let their evil brain-washing techniques believe you anything else.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Juice*

campbell played in your bottom pairing....is grossly over paid.....why would we take on your mistake?

Old
06-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
campbell played in your bottom pairing....is grossly over paid.....why would we take on your mistake?
2nd pairing, and he is still a number 1 or 2 on half the teams in the league, if not more(and im not a campbell Defender)

Old
06-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patizzie View Post
Can we have Eager to sweetin the deal ?
Campbell and Eager for Heatly and Smith, sure id even do that

Old
06-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Hawksfan12*

Sharp Toews Kane
Heatly Bolland Havlat

Old
06-10-2009, 03:13 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I don't get it. The Campbell part obviously was sarcasm. Ginger kids do not have souls, as Trey Parker said. Don't let their evil brain-washing techniques believe you anything else.

I'll go out and do some research on this at the library... soon as I find my underpants. They seem to have disappeared.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:13 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
For;

Brian Campbell.

What a joke you are and a ***.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
Campbell and Eager for Heatly and Smith, sure id even do that
He was kidding...

Old
06-10-2009, 03:18 PM
JT 91 NYI*

I've called several trade proposals on here "the worst proposals ever" and I thought I meant it, but this time I MEAN IT.

This is a lock for most horrendous trade proposal of 2009 and the Senators Organization files harassment charges against you.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Rahsan
****ING RIGHT!!!!

From a Hawk's perspective, I'll pay for Campbell's non-stop, first class ticket to Ottawa so fast lol.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:20 PM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
Sharp Toews Kane
Heatly Bolland Havlat

Havlat is gonna be a goner in 3 weeks and your not getting Heatley for Campbell. Not even close.

Make that:

Sharp Toews Kane Bolland

Old
06-10-2009, 03:21 PM
alphahelix

i think this is a pretty solid deal. ottawa gets a quality offensive d-man, which is probably on their shopping list. they are allowed to trade their 7.5 million dollar player who has demanded a trade. win win.

unfortunately for chicago, however, there will probably be one or two better offers on the table. (literally. we're talking about a very small playing field and this is a reasonable offer.) I think at this point we should know that NYR will be willing to sweeten any pot that allows them to move one of their bad contracts, and LA, STL, and MIN are unpredictable in what they might attempt. Oilers will put together a good offer, probably better than this. Whether it is the best is hard to say, as I have said, because there are 3 teams that are completely unpredictable.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:22 PM
JT 91 NYI*

This also requires a mandatory facepalm...

Closed Thread