HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: The Hang Over (movie)

Old
06-11-2009, 03:25 PM
tantrum4*

vCash: 500
Holy ***** that was the funniest movie I've seen in a long time! I just love their reactions to the situations they were put in. It seemed so realistic (don't ask me how I know that ). I was killing myself laughing at the naked Chinese guy....sooo funny!! And the ending was the best part of the whole movie!! Plus Shea Weber and Josh Georges were sitting in the row in front of me. Georges didn't look like he cared to much for it, but Weber was laughing quite a bit!

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:38 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Ok, this movie is freakin hilarious. If you can sit through this movie and not laugh your ass off, you need therapy. Fat Jesus, the chinese guy, the look on the baby's face, (the hot shots of Heather Graham -- not funny but I had to throw that in there). Man that was SITUATIONAL COMEDY AT ITS ABSOLUTE BEST.

SEE THIS MOVIE You will laugh your ass off, and laughter of this type is good for your health, both mental and emotional. And Heather Graham aint bad either.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 01:35 PM
ru4reals

Sorry, it wasn't that funny. I can name a few films that was definitely funnier. It had it's moments but I wasn't laughing throughout the film. It was okay.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 02:00 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
Sorry, it wasn't that funny. I can name a few films that was definitely funnier. It had it's moments but I wasn't laughing throughout the film. It was okay.
What movies do you find funny? Give me your top 3.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Goallum

It was good, but for all the raves I've heard, I expected it to be quite funnier than it was.

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 02:30 PM
DeeMeck

The hardest I laughed in a theater was the dinner scenes in The Nutty Professor. The night club scene was pretty funny too.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:10 PM
lak4ever

One of the funniest movies I have ever seen.

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 03:23 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Seek therapy now. Your friends and family will be you happy you did.

Old
06-16-2009, 06:05 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Seek therapy now. Your friends and family will be you happy you did.
Ummm please explain what was sooo funny about the movie. It had its moments but do tell me what the hype is about. I laughed at some parts but it wasn't what some make it out to be. So enlighten me.

Old
06-16-2009, 06:24 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
What movies do you find funny? Give me your top 3.
Just in the past 5 or 6 years these films were in my opinion funnier:

- Tropic Thunder
- The Heartbreak Kid
- Blades of glory
- Wedding Crashers

In no particular order.

Old
06-16-2009, 08:02 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Ummm please explain what was sooo funny about the movie. It had its moments but do tell me what the hype is about. I laughed at some parts but it wasn't what some make it out to be. So enlighten me.
Quote:
Just in the past 5 or 6 years these films were in my opinion funnier:

- Tropic Thunder
- The Heartbreak Kid
- Blades of glory
- Wedding Crashers

In no particular order.
Of the four movies you mentioned, only Wedding Crashers is even close. The situational comedy in Hangover is far more comedic in nature than the over the topschtick of Tropic Thunder or Blades of Glory, while The Heartbreak Kid just doesnt qualify at all.

Look if you didnt find it (Hangover) THAT funny, then you apparently just didnt get it. Hence the therapy suggestion. And by no means am I a "majority's always right" person, but the entire theater (in Century City) was rolling almost the whole movie. People were still chuckling while walking out.

Heck, I don't know maybe you had a thorn in your foot.

Old
06-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Saw it on Sunday night with the Wife and last night with my brother.

"He's like a Gremlin. He comes with instructions and *****."

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 04:48 PM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Of the four movies you mentioned, only Wedding Crashers is even close. The situational comedy in Hangover is far more comedic in nature than the over the topschtick of Tropic Thunder or Blades of Glory, while The Heartbreak Kid just doesnt qualify at all.

Look if you didnt find it (Hangover) THAT funny, then you apparently just didnt get it. Hence the therapy suggestion. And by no means am I a "majority's always right" person, but the entire theater (in Century City) was rolling almost the whole movie. People were still chuckling while walking out.

Heck, I don't know maybe you had a thorn in your foot.
We obviously prefer different types of comedies. Which is fine with me. It just wasn't that funny to me. Like I said I laughed at some parts but I expected so much more. I kept waiting and waiting for something to make me drop on the floor and die laughing, but then the movie ended. Sure I got some laughs, but it wasn't all that. A little overhyped. Few of my friends saw it and they said the same thing. We all definitely need therapy, because we spent freakin $11 bucks when we could have just bootlegged it or something. And you're right that thorn in my foot was the money I wasted.

Old
06-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Brodie562

Quote:
We obviously prefer different types of comedies. Which is fine with me. It just wasn't that funny to me. Like I said I laughed at some parts but I expected so much more. I kept waiting and waiting for something to make me drop on the floor and die laughing, but then the movie ended. Sure I got some laughs, but it wasn't all that. A little overhyped. Few of my friends saw it and they said the same thing. We all definitely need therapy, because we spent freakin $11 bucks when we could have just bootlegged it or something. And you're right that thorn in my foot was the money I wasted.
This! Not a comedy that i could watch over and over again and still find laughs. a naked asian dude just didn't do for me. a lot of it seemed like easy over the top stuff.

Brodie562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 12:01 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

I think it makes people laugh because most people in the audience are 1 of the characters. Could be an age demographic where if you're 18 and haven't really partied like us 36 year olds (once passed out walking out of a bathroom in a club in Acapulco and was "deposited" in the parking lot by the bouncers) maybe you can't relate? I loved Tropic Thunder but had to explain the premise to 2 people as to why the movie was funny. Just the beginning alone with the fake trailers is enough for me, that's a genius premise. Blades Of Glory had it's moments and there is plenty of material to make fun of that whole ridiculous figure skating scene. Who in their right mind would dress up their son in a sequened outfit? Never saw Heartbreak Kid, Wedding Crashers was watchable but didn't make me laugh.

Old
06-17-2009, 12:46 AM
redcard

It was definitely funny, but I do think it was a little overhyped.

They could have done so much more with the characters, Phil's character was great but his personality disappeared half way through the movie and he wasn't nearly as funny. He went from being a funny, sarcastic guy in hilarious situations to just being a guy in hilarious situations. Which makes you laugh they just could have done it better. Same to a lesser extent with the dentist. I won't mention the groom just because he was hardly in it.

Alan's character was awesome though, because his personality was present the entire time, everything he did was hilarious.

Therefore I'd put it in the funny movie category, but I'd definitely slot it behind movies like Old School and Superbad.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
I think it makes people laugh because most people in the audience are 1 of the characters. Could be an age demographic where if you're 18 and haven't really partied like us 36 year olds (once passed out walking out of a bathroom in a club in Acapulco and was "deposited" in the parking lot by the bouncers) maybe you can't relate? I loved Tropic Thunder but had to explain the premise to 2 people as to why the movie was funny. Just the beginning alone with the fake trailers is enough for me, that's a genius premise. Blades Of Glory had it's moments and there is plenty of material to make fun of that whole ridiculous figure skating scene. Who in their right mind would dress up their son in a sequened outfit? Never saw Heartbreak Kid, Wedding Crashers was watchable but didn't make me laugh.
This.

I am ashamed (with a smile) to say that some of the experiences played in the movie were damn close to some of my real life experiences at friends' bachelor parties in Vegas. Illegal and crazy ****. I still have the citations, panties, photos and scars to prove it. A buddy of mine made the rest of us swear we would destroy the video of one particular event. We still have it...crap, Mrs. Zad just said she wants to see the panties.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 01:54 AM
son of earl

Send a message via AIM to son of earl
Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindEnemyLines View Post
Speaking of Old School...did u see the wedding singer was from Old School too??
Thats the Dan band i recommend seeing them. hey do girl cover songs and change the lyrics a little. They are playing Club Nokia in july

son of earl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 01:59 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
I have to concur with this, and Zad's below (except as noted) and I don't even want to go into the reasons as Jr. may end up reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
This.

I am ashamed
Nice try, but NO, you're NOT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
. . . (with a smile) to say that some of the experiences played in the movie were damn close to some of my real life experiences at friends' bachelor parties in Vegas. Illegal and crazy ****. I still have the citations, panties, photos and scars to prove it. A buddy of mine made the rest of us swear we would destroy the video of one particular event. We still have it...crap, Mrs. Zad just said she wants to see the panties.
Since the divorce, the "pictures" obviously don't have the same "value" they did before, but I sure do wish I knew who had them. I literally don't remember even 1/2 that evening, and certainly not the camera!

Old
06-23-2009, 09:44 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Finally saw it on Sunday. Damn funny movie, though there wasn't that one tummy tickling make you cry and choke on oxygen laugh. A constant stream of good laughs, but it was missing that one moment for me.

My favorite line was Galafenakis "Your language is very offensive." Timing was perfect.

Felt uncomfortable throughout the film... was sitting next to a 90 year old woman.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Finally saw it on Sunday. Damn funny movie, though there wasn't that one tummy tickling make you cry and choke on oxygen laugh. A constant stream of good laughs, but it was missing that one moment for me.

My favorite line was Galafenakis "Your language is very offensive." Timing was perfect.

Felt uncomfortable throughout the film... was sitting next to a 90 year old woman.
What kind of a 90 year old woman would go to that movie?....I bet she gets freaky....

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Did you score?

Bad Will Hunting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 10:10 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Did you score?
I wrinkled some skin

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 10:36 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
What kind of a 90 year old woman would go to that movie?....I bet she gets freaky....
she must have been married to the guy getting the physical!

Old
06-24-2009, 12:31 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Did you score?
The old popcorn trick?