Old
06-09-2009, 10:57 PM
fez

vCash: 500
Heatley Wants Out Of Ottawa

Ducks rumoured to be a possible suitor

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...224/story.html

Quote:
There has also been a suggestion that Murray might covet pesky, talented forward Corey Perry of the Anaheim Ducks, a player Murray originally drafted when he was general manager in Anaheim. In a straight trade for Heatley, the Senators would save $2.2 million per year. While Heatley and Anaheim centre Ryan Getzlaf would make for an imposing tandem (witness their performance together at the world championships in 2008), the Ducks don’t have the money to take on a big contract, at least until they shed themselves of goaltender J.S. Giguere and his hefty contract.
I guess if we traded Perry people would hate us less?

fez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Not going to happen unless we trade Giguere. Which I'm happy about, not a fan of Heatley. I know Perry's regular season numbers will likely reach that of Heatley's, but IMO Perry is the type of player you win cups with, not Heately.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Ducks

I doubt that the Ducks go after Heatley.

1) his cap hit is huge and with an impending cap decrease $7.5 million is going to be difficult to absorb for 5 years.

2) Ottawa would likely want another winger back, one of either Ryan or Perry + a signed top 4 defensemen. That's too big of a price and not enough reward for the Ducks to add Heatley imo.

3) Heatley is soft, and wants out because he disagrees with the head coach in ottawa. Family problems are one thing when demanding a trade, but IMO if you want out because you don't like the new coach, then it's ego driven and the Ducks don't need that ego.

4) Even if we were to give up Perry (Ryan I'd say no to immediately) I still don't think it would be a good trade. Perry comes $2 million dollars cheaper, has good chemistry with Getzlaf, is about 5 years younger and is a true team player. He may not put up as many points as Heatley, but I think he's a better value for the team.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:07 AM
iLau
Always Mighty

I think Heatley is an improvement over Perry, but at a very expensive cost. The Nash-Getzlaf-Heatley line that played for Canada was no joke. I want the Ducks to fix our secondary scoring problem first, I don't see how this would help us fix that.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:16 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Perry for Heatley improves our primary scoring, but it doesn't help our secondary scoring. Kind of a push. And what happens if Heatley isn't gritty often enough to form a duo with Getzlaf? Do we have a gritty guy to complete that line? Maybe QP, but that means we have no 2nd line whatsoever. Secondary scoring could be worse.

Also, his contract is huge. I'd prefer to be spending that money on Giguere/defense.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Pwnasaurus

He can go to SJ and enjoy wonderful regular seasons with Jumbo Joe for all I care.

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:34 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

There's no way Heatley comes to Anaheim. His contract is too big and it's more or less a lateral move because we'd have to trade Perry. The contracts Getzlaf and Perry have signed are going to be steals in the near future and we shouldn't take on a forward that makes more than both of them. It would also make re-signing Ryan tough.

I see our two California rivals to be all over him. If Heatley is willing to go to LA Lombardi has the prospects and cap space to make it happen. Marleau could be moved to nab Healtey. But it'll be too costly on our end.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:58 AM
iLau
Always Mighty

I don't see us moving any of Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan and Selanne. Everyone else is fair game, but I can't see this team moving any of them unless the deal is lopsided on our side. We might get better players to replace them like Heatley for Perry, but the money we would be taking would be a deal breaker.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:39 AM
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLau View Post
I don't see us moving any of Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan and Selanne. Everyone else is fair game, but I can't see this team moving any of them unless the deal is lopsided on our side. We might get better players to replace them like Heatley for Perry, but the money we would be taking would be a deal breaker.
You mean a back-breaker? And not to mention if we take in Heatley's salary, how much more would that hamper our abilities to keep Wisniewski if an over-inflated offersheet comes our way?

S.S. Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 03:08 AM
Randall Graves*

Heatley makes to much for us to take on. We already have an elite first line, we just need some secondary scoring.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 03:51 AM
1manband

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLau View Post
Although he doesnt have a NMC I dont see Selanne honoring any trade, as classy a player he is I reckon if he gets traded he never shows at the new club

1manband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:48 AM
Paul4587

I'd rather Perry and his 32 goals at $5.325 million than have Heatley and his 39 at 7.5. Heatleys a better player, but his contract should be enough to keep Murray disinterested.

If we can resign Beauchemin & Nieds at reasonable rates and miraculously pull of a Hiller + Pronger for Heatley deal I'd consider him, but I doubt Ottawa would do that.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

I like Perry's game over Heatley's for the simple fact perry will annoy the opposition, hump the goalies leg and still score.

Heatley, not so much, sure he can score but when have you ever seen him hump a goalies leg? Never, I rest my case.

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:16 AM
caliamad

I like Heatley, but his contract is atrocious. No deal.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:30 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manband View Post
Although he doesnt have a NMC I dont see Selanne honoring any trade, as classy a player he is I reckon if he gets traded he never shows at the new club
I believe Teemu does in fact have a no-trade clause.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:50 PM
caliamad

I'm sure he waive it to go to a contender if we were out of the playoff picture around deadline time.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:25 PM
HerrAlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by D U C K S View Post
I doubt that the Ducks go after Heatley.

1) his cap hit is huge and with an impending cap decrease $7.5 million is going to be difficult to absorb for 5 years.

2) Ottawa would likely want another winger back, one of either Ryan or Perry + a signed top 4 defensemen. That's too big of a price and not enough reward for the Ducks to add Heatley imo.

3) Heatley is soft, and wants out because he disagrees with the head coach in ottawa. Family problems are one thing when demanding a trade, but IMO if you want out because you don't like the new coach, then it's ego driven and the Ducks don't need that ego.

4) Even if we were to give up Perry (Ryan I'd say no to immediately) I still don't think it would be a good trade. Perry comes $2 million dollars cheaper, f,has good chemistry with Getzlaf is about 5 years younger and is a true team player. He may not put up as many points as Heatley, but I think he's a better value for the team.
if the world championships are a good indicator Heatley even has better chemistry. But yes the other factors are kind of a step down from perry

HerrAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Diggy

I will probably get much hate for this but...

Giguere for Heatley straight up.

Giguere has been great for the Ducks, but we do not need both him and Hiller. Hiller is currently cheaper and younger.

Diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:47 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
I will probably get much hate for this but...

Giguere for Heatley straight up.

Giguere has been great for the Ducks, but we do not need both him and Hiller. Hiller is currently cheaper and younger.
I think every Ducks fan would do that.

Problem is Ottawa doesn't touch that.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 07:40 PM
jiggsawpuzzle35

Fk Heatley and his contract. Great player that is not worth 7.5. no way we get rid of Perry.

jiggsawpuzzle35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 02:28 AM
Finnpin

From Spector´s:

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index....umors&Itemid=4

NEW YORK POST: Larry Brooks reports Senators forward Dany Heatley wants to go west where he won't be under the kind of scrutiny he faced in Ottawa, meaning Anaheim or Los Angeles, possibly St. Louis, but not Vancouver or Calgary. ...Anaheim might not be interested...

Thank god

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:24 AM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindad View Post
I like Perry's game over Heatley's for the simple fact perry will annoy the opposition, hump the goalies leg and still score.

Heatley, not so much, sure he can score but when have you ever seen him hump a goalies leg? Never, I rest my case.
LOL and how much would you miss Perry scoring himself time and again?

Heatley and Getz might have shown how they can play together, but he has proven chemistry with Perry. Those two just seem to know where the other is on the ice.

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 02:34 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

I would love Heatley, but the Ducks just don't have the assets. It would take one of Getz, Ryan, or Perry to get him, and it would be stupid to trade any of them.

I'd be willing to trade anyone else on the team, though.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

Quick question: In a case like Heatley's, is his contract re-negotiable?

I mean if the guy really wants out and wants to play for team X, would he/can he re-work his contract?

Not sure if he would even consider this, but if he gets waived...

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Jerky Leclerc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindad View Post
Quick question: In a case like Heatley's, is his contract re-negotiable?
I don't think contracts are re-negotiable. It is one of those set in stone types of deal in the cba where both sides have to live with the terms. Bad contracts will hurt both sides. How happy will Heatley be if the only team with cap space willing to take him is Atlanta? Teams who give these outrageous amount of years and money will need to take one in the butt if the salary cap fall below 50 million. IMO, Ottawa should take what you can for Heatley and do it before July 1st.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote