HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Heatley to CBJ or FLA

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2009, 09:44 AM
  #1
Alfie112*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Heatley to CBJ or FLA

If it seems that nash will not be signing with the BJ's would this be possible?

To BJ'S: Heatley

To Sens: Nash


or

TO Fla: Heatley,Kelly, 2nd round pick

TO sens: JBOU (signed) and Horton/Frolik/someone else?


I dont know about the Fla-Sens one im not too sure just throwing it probably not good but w.e

Alfie112* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:47 AM
  #2
HSF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie112 View Post
If it seems that nash will not be signing with the BJ's would this be possible?

To BJ'S: Heatley

To Sens: Nash


or

TO Fla: Heatley,Kelly, 2nd round pick

TO sens: JBOU (signed) and Horton/Frolik/someone else?


I dont know about the Fla-Sens one im not too sure just throwing it probably not good but w.e
getting Nash srota brings the Sens back to square one does it not?

lots of money tied in 4 forwards...

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:03 AM
  #3
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 11,021
vCash: 500
Columbus doesn't need Heatley. We need a PPQB.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:09 AM
  #4
Laoghaire
Registered User
 
Laoghaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Columbus doesn't need Heatley. We need a PPQB.
Well if it makes it more palatable, Heatley has played the point on the PP before.

Laoghaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:21 AM
  #5
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post
Well if it makes it more palatable, Heatley has played the point on the PP before.
From a Fla stand point, not a good deal.

To Fla:
Heatley

To Ott:
Bo(signed)
Matthias

The reason why I don't add more from a Fla aspect is because Heatley wants out.It's not like Ott is looking for a blockbuster deal and Heatley wants to stay,which would make his value worth more, I think Matthias can be a great #2 center and Bo is obviously going to be a top 2 dman on that team. Heatley gives the Panthers it's superstar center it's been looking for,and hopefully can get Horton motivated and more excited to play.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:46 AM
  #6
BTD5504
Registered User
 
BTD5504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
From a Fla stand point, not a good deal.

To Fla:
Heatley

To Ott:
Bo(signed)
Matthias

The reason why I don't add more from a Fla aspect is because Heatley wants out.It's not like Ott is looking for a blockbuster deal and Heatley wants to stay,which would make his value worth more, I think Matthias can be a great #2 center and Bo is obviously going to be a top 2 dman on that team. Heatley gives the Panthers it's superstar center it's been looking for,and hopefully can get Horton motivated and more excited to play.
heatley is not a center. he is a LW.

i highly doubt he accepts a trade to FLA either.

BTD5504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:57 AM
  #7
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie112 View Post
If it seems that nash will not be signing with the BJ's would this be possible?

To BJ'S: Heatley

To Sens: Nash
This would be an incredibly fair deal for both sides (Nash is younger but Heatley is more proven, ie 50 goals and 100 points).

This might also work because Heatley is locked up for 5 years and Nash is a UFA next year unless resigned (and at possibly more than 7.5 million).

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:15 AM
  #8
h0us3b0y
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
heatly wants to go to edmonton and thats that

h0us3b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:24 AM
  #9
Hoober
 
Hoober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
I wouldn't call Heatley for Nash an even deal. Statistically even- but Nash brings more to the dressing room that makes players around him better.

Having said that, Columbus would have Heatley locked up for 5 years and the Sens could lose Nash at season's end if they don't get him signed to a new deal.

Anyways, we all know Nash is coming to Toronto after next year!

Hoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:28 AM
  #10
Northern Neighbour
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,683
vCash: 500
If Columbus was interested in acquiring Heatley, it would be to pair Heatley with Nash, as the two have shown excellent chemistry in past international tournaments. The Blue Jackets likely would instead deal a couple of its prospects plus a salary to make any deal work.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:29 AM
  #11
Northern Neighbour
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0us3b0y View Post
heatly wants to go to edmonton and thats that
Correction - He would waive his NMC to go to Edmonton. Heck, his agent said he would agree to virtually any trade. Basically, Heatley just wants out.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:33 AM
  #12
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoober View Post
Columbus would have Heatley locked up for 5 years
Or until he decided he wanted to be traded again...

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:44 AM
  #13
Kencaid
Registered User
 
Kencaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlighting View Post
This would be an incredibly fair deal for both sides (Nash is younger but Heatley is more proven, ie 50 goals and 100 points).

This might also work because Heatley is locked up for 5 years and Nash is a UFA next year unless resigned (and at possibly more than 7.5 million).
Ya, i offered this deal to a friend of mine (who is a sens fan) and he said he would only do it if they could get Nash signed long term, but then I think CLB would ask for more. Heatley has his value slightly decreased from all this crap.

It is going to be interesting for CLB, to see what they do with nash if they can't get him to commit. You CANT let an asset like that go w/o getting anything in return, he is worth too much to let that happen.

Kencaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:48 AM
  #14
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 50
I'd rather keep Nash. Nash is the more valuable player.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:07 PM
  #15
Feed Me A Stray Cat
Registered User
 
Feed Me A Stray Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,618
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoober View Post
I wouldn't call Heatley for Nash an even deal. Statistically even- but Nash brings more to the dressing room that makes players around him better.

Having said that, Columbus would have Heatley locked up for 5 years and the Sens could lose Nash at season's end if they don't get him signed to a new deal.

Anyways, we all know Nash is coming to Toronto after next year!
Statistically even? Heatley has 180 goals the last four seasons - that comes out to an average of 45/year. In the same time span, Nash has 136 goals, coming out to a 34 goals a season. Granted, his 05-06 season was shortened, however Heatley has definitely outperformed Nash since the lockout.

Add in the fact that he is signed long-term and I definitely think Heatley has more value.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:11 PM
  #16
BTD5504
Registered User
 
BTD5504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
Correction - He would waive his NMC to go to Edmonton. Heck, his agent said he would agree to virtually any trade. Basically, Heatley just wants out.
i haven't seen that...you have a link?

BTD5504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:23 PM
  #17
pampatus
 
pampatus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Finland
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
I think almost everyone would prefer to have Nash over Heatley at this point.
No sense for CBJ to trade their captain who is only going to get better.

pampatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:28 PM
  #18
TheHMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTD5504 View Post
i haven't seen that...you have a link?
He mentioned something along those lines in an interview on the Fan590.

They don't want to make this difficult for Ottawa, and they recognize that Bryan Murray is going to need to mull over several offers and try to get good value in return for Heatley. They don't want Bryan Murray to make a trade for the sake of making a trade. He's fairly flexible with the teams he'll agree to a trade to, so it's not exclusive to Calgary or Edmonton. They also said that if a trade can't be worked out, he'll continue his contract obligations and play for Ottawa until a suitable deal can be arranged.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 06:05 PM
  #19
RunAmucK
Registered User
 
RunAmucK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
From a Fla stand point, not a good deal.

To Fla:
Heatley

To Ott:
Bo(signed)
Matthias

The reason why I don't add more from a Fla aspect is because Heatley wants out.It's not like Ott is looking for a blockbuster deal and Heatley wants to stay,which would make his value worth more, I think Matthias can be a great #2 center and Bo is obviously going to be a top 2 dman on that team. Heatley gives the Panthers it's superstar center it's been looking for,and hopefully can get Horton motivated and more excited to play.
panthers will not add this type of player now ,at the draft or free agency.with the issues of ownership and gm id be happy to sign a couple of our ufa and fa and atleast compete.another sad year [

RunAmucK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 06:18 PM
  #20
R0bert0 Lu0ng0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,465
vCash: 500
To Ottawa:
Nash
Matthias

To COL:
Bouwmeester
Foligno
Lee

To FLA:
Heatley

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 06:27 PM
  #21
Panthers_Fan
Registered User
 
Panthers_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 1,083
vCash: 500
I think Florida has to jump on this Heatley situation. For the 1st time, we have a chance to be on the opposite side of a star player wanting out and based on past trades they always go for less than people expect.

Florida gives:
Horton
1st round pick 2010
Markstrom

Ott:
Heatley

Panthers top 6 becomes:

Heatley Weiss Booth
Olesz Frolik Stilman

significantly better and Ottawa gets a good return. Bouwmeester has stated he will test the market, so I doubt Ottawa would want him involved.


Last edited by Panthers_Fan: 06-10-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Panthers_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 07:29 PM
  #22
RunAmucK
Registered User
 
RunAmucK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers_Fan View Post
I think Florida has to jump on this Heatley situation. For the 1st time, we have a chance to be on the opposite side of a star player wanting out and based on past trades they always go for less than people expect.

Florida gives:
Horton
1st round pick 2010
Markstrom

Ott:
Heatley

Panthers top 6 becomes:

Heatley Weiss Booth
Olesz Frolik Stilman

significantly better and Ottawa gets a good return. Bouwmeester has stated he will test the market, so I doubt Ottawa would want him involved.
it would be nice to have a heatley on this team they were going to try and give jbo upwards of 6 mil why not add a 40 goal scorer if your able ott would probly want 09 first instead of waiting a year. i dont see the senators getting a package they will go crazy for and with his nmc/ntc its going to be tough.i like this offer

RunAmucK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 07:39 PM
  #23
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers_Fan View Post
I think Florida has to jump on this Heatley situation. For the 1st time, we have a chance to be on the opposite side of a star player wanting out and based on past trades they always go for less than people expect.

Florida gives:
Horton
1st round pick 2010
Markstrom

Ott:
Heatley

Panthers top 6 becomes:

Heatley Weiss Booth
Olesz Frolik Stilman

significantly better and Ottawa gets a good return. Bouwmeester has stated he will test the market, so I doubt Ottawa would want him involved.
Sorry but no go from Fla. Markstrom is not going anywhere. I say switch Markstrom with Matthias and that sounds better.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:10 PM
  #24
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
Heck, his agent said he would agree to virtually any trade. Basically, Heatley just wants out.
even to atlanta?

heatley and savard are both available

reunite the kovy-savard-heatley line

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:28 PM
  #25
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
Statistically even? Heatley has 180 goals the last four seasons - that comes out to an average of 45/year. In the same time span, Nash has 136 goals, coming out to a 34 goals a season. Granted, his 05-06 season was shortened, however Heatley has definitely outperformed Nash since the lockout.

Add in the fact that he is signed long-term and I definitely think Heatley has more value.
Stat's don't mean **** when your playing on a line with all-stars. Nash's 136 goals to me are more impressive than Heatley's 180 goals considering teams key on Nash every game without players like Alfredson (spelling) and Spezza to take some of the pressure off of Heatley. Not to mention Nash is an elite penalty killer in this league and not many players can create scoring chances for themselves like he does. That's not even mentioning the whole loyalty factor.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.