HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr/dal

Old
06-11-2009, 09:17 AM
GAGLine

vCash: 500
Nyr/dal

Gomez or Drury for Richards (assuming both Drury and Richards would waive their NMC/NTC).

Gomez and Richards are the same age and production-wise they are pretty close. Richards has the edge for his career and Gomez has the edge over the last 2 seasons.

Drury is a notch below production-wise, but is more of a goal scorer than Gomez and is better on the PK. He also has a lower cap hit and less years.

Richards' contract has 2 years left @ 7.8 per year
Gomez has 5 years left @ 7.357 per year
Drury has 3 years left @ 7.05 per year

I don't know if there's really enough incentive there for Dallas to do this. They get a slightly lower cap hit in exchange for extra years. From the Rangers POV, they could buy out Richards this year or next. Or they can just keep him for 2 years and his contract ends earlier than Gomez's or Drury's.

If necessary, the Rangers could sweeten the deal with a swap of picks (3rd for 4th, or something like that).

Thoughts?

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 09:48 AM
pampatus

Dallas should have no interest in highly paid NYR forwards.

Swap or even giving 3rd/4th will do nothing. And don't bother to upgrade the proposal to involve that allmighty 2nd round pick.

This proposal just isn't any good.

pampatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Gomez or Drury for Richards (assuming both Drury and Richards would waive their NMC/NTC).

Gomez and Richards are the same age and production-wise they are pretty close. Richards has the edge for his career and Gomez has the edge over the last 2 seasons.

Drury is a notch below production-wise, but is more of a goal scorer than Gomez and is better on the PK. He also has a lower cap hit and less years.

I don't know if there's really enough incentive there for Dallas to do this. They get a slightly lower cap hit in exchange for extra years. From the Rangers POV, they could buy out Richards this year or next. Or they can just keep him for 2 years and his contract ends earlier than Gomez's or Drury's.

If necessary, the Rangers could sweeten the deal with a swap of picks (3rd for 4th, or something like that).

Thoughts?
Richards is better than either of them and his contract is more favorable. I can't see Dallas remotely being interested.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knee Seeking Scud View Post
Richards is better than either of them and his contract is more favorable. I can't see Dallas remotely being interested.
I agree. Unless Richards demands a trade to play with Tortorella, Dallas clearly has the better player in the deal and thus all the leverage.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 10:15 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

So you want Dallas to give you a better player with a better contract, and your idea of sweetening the deal is a mid-round pick?

Sigh...

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Now if Callahan or Staal could be thrown in....maybe..

Old
06-11-2009, 10:31 AM
El Maestro

Quote:
Totally agree with that.

El Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 10:34 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
So you want Dallas to give you a better player with a better contract, and your idea of sweetening the deal is a mid-round pick?

Sigh...
Better player is debatable. Over the last 2 years, Gomez has had the better numbers, and that's on a team that can't score. And for their careers they are pretty close. Drury's contract is pretty close to Richards'. One extra year but 750k less per year. And his numbers aren't that much lower than Richards'.

I said there probably wasn't much reason for Dallas to do it, but value-wise it is pretty even IMO.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 11:07 AM
TheRedressor

There is no reason for Dallas to do this deal.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 11:15 AM
LordHelmet

It's not a crazy proposal, but like you said, Dallas doesn't really have any incentive to go for this.

Richards has been a great fit here. His contract is a smidge rich, but not unbearable because the term is almost up and he has a noticeable effect on our W-L.

I don't see why you give that up for a guy that's the same age, may not gel with the team, with a much longer, and only 5% cheaper contract.

With Drury, you save more and his contract is shorter, but in turn, he's older and less productive.

Either way, Both teams are giving up a known for an unknown, just to gain some slightly more favorable contracts.

I think that both teams would have to add key pieces (Dallas might have some D to spare and could use a right shot RW) for this to be entertained.

LordHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 01:27 PM
ecemleafs

what about Gomez and our 1st for Richards and their 2nd? did Richards say something to warrant this proposal?

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Siffalovic

Richards is not even better than Gomez...I would rather keep Gomez

Siffalovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siffalovic View Post
Richards is not even better than Gomez...I would rather keep Gomez
Congrats your 1st post is a fail.

How Many Conn Snyths's does Gomez have?

Old
06-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Jake5

no reason for Dallas to really consider this

Jake5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 03:28 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

I don't see why Dallas would be eager to take on another $20m in salary commitments when they don't even want to spend to the cap this year.

IMO the Rangers have to package some cheap talent along with Gomez to even get the Stars' attention.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 03:33 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Better player is debatable. Over the last 2 years, Gomez has had the better numbers, and that's on a team that can't score. And for their careers they are pretty close. Drury's contract is pretty close to Richards'. One extra year but 750k less per year. And his numbers aren't that much lower than Richards'.

I said there probably wasn't much reason for Dallas to do it, but value-wise it is pretty even IMO.
I don't think it's debatable at all. Brad Richards is a better player than either Scott Gomez or Chris Drury.

Let's take a look at Richards' last two seasons: 51 points in 62 games on a horrendous Tampa team, then 11 in 12 after being traded to Dallas. This season, 48 points in 56 games on an injury-riddled Dallas team, and really did wonders for Eriksson.

He fits their needs much more than Drury does, and his contract is one year shorter. Richards also doesn't cough up the puck nearly as often as Gomez does, either. He's not without flaws, and is certainly overpaid, but he's a better player than Gomez is, and his contract isn't nearly as horrible.

The difference between these players isn't worlds apart, but I don't think the value is fair. Dallas gives up the best player and takes on the worst contract. Doesn't make any sense to me.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Siffalovic

Quote:
Congrats your 1st post is a fail.

How Many Conn Snyths's does Gomez have?

Richards is in decline,or can you say,that he fulfills your expectations?

Siffalovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siffalovic View Post
Richards is in decline,or can you say,that he fulfills your expectations?
Has Gomez or Drury lived up to their albatross contracts? And how is Richards in a decline...29 year old players of his skill set are not in declines. HE has a rash of bad luck with two broken wrists last year and nothing more. In 56 games this year he had 48 points. The previous year he has 62 points in 74 games....so you are saying .70 PPG and a .83 PPG is all of a sudden bad?

Old
06-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Duponttime*

Quote:

Thoughts?
Not a Richards fan anymore. He plays little defense. He would be a guy that if he was on Detroit, he would be fantastic. Or if he was on a team like Philly, he would be great.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Dave Karp

vCash: 940
talent-wise, I'd say Gomez and Richards are about equal but Richards is a proven playoff performer. But with Gomez's terrible contract I can't see Dallas doing it. At least with Richards his will be done in 2 years and it'll probably be adjusted accordingly, while Gomez still would have years left.

Dave Karp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 04:52 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

no, no no

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Devsfan309

Can Ranger fans stop with these ridiculous proposals??? No one wants ur overrated, overpaid players.....

Devsfan309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 06:27 PM
ecemleafs

can devils fans stop with there whiny posts about rangers fans? nobody wants to hear devils fans cry in threads about the rangers.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote