HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Heatley to Chi

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2009, 03:23 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
If the hawks wants Heatley

the deal stars with either Kane or one of thier other young studs

not campbell--not even close

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
Old
06-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I'll go out and do some research on this at the library... soon as I find my underpants. They seem to have disappeared.
Well, that happens. I would give you some money, but I'm not a Jew so I don't have a bag of Jew gold (or the fake bag to trick robbers)...

Old
06-10-2009, 03:26 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Sorry, this won't work for Heatley, too many stars on the team already how do you expect him to be top dog? You would have to agree to not sign Havlat, and get rid of Kane and Toews first before Heatley would agree to come to Chicago. Oh, you may have to get rid of Eager too, Heatley has a sneaking suspicion he might blow up and steal some of his goals.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:26 PM
sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
2nd pairing, and he is still a number 1 or 2 on half the teams in the league, if not more(and im not a campbell Defender)
You might be right, but any team that Campbell is a #1 or 2 is not a contender. He was a #1 or a #2 on a Buffalo team in 07-08 that had a good goalie and one of the top 5 scoring offenses in the league. They were not a playoff team. Take Brian Campbell off that team and add a legit #1 or 2 defenseman and that is a playoff team.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:27 PM
BeerandHockey
╚(_)╝

Haha, Campbell is like Gretzkey. Thats comedic gold right there.

Murray would have had Campbell, however Murray was only willing to give 5 years, and the Hawks were willing to be stuck with him for 7 years.

Now lets say Cam Barker, Versteeg and Bolland for Heatley and Kelly.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:27 PM
alphahelix

Maybe Atlanta will be interested?

Old
06-10-2009, 03:29 PM
captain9nyr
@captain9nyr

Send a message via AIM to captain9nyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
Brian Campbell....a proven puck rushing defenseman in his prime, who not only is one of the greatest power play quarter backs in the history of the game, but his superoir skating abilities, so great, he can shed checkers with a mere spin-o-rama.
I almost tripped over the display of Brian Campbell at the Hockey Hall of Fame the other day because of how big and shiny it was. I needed to sit and recompose myself for a few minutes after reading tall tales of his greatness.

Quote:
On this board, somebody compared Campbell to Gretzky........truth.
If I made a list of moronic, idiotic, brainless, and overall incorrect comparisons that "somebody" made...

Doesn't make them true, does it?

Old
06-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Piffle

Eh. I think Heatley vs. Campbell is a wash. I know it is cool to dog on Campbell, but he really is a game changer. The other team has to adjust their game to play against Campbell and some just can't handle him at all because of how good/fast he is at rushing the puck. Heatley is a point machine, yes, but that is about it. He is poor defensively and it sounds like he is a negative in the locker room. Pretty sure I'd rather keep Campbell.

Other people have said it and I'll repeat it. Ottawa fans are going to be disappointed at the return for Heatley. You can't get as much as you could in the old days for a high paid superstar. Cheap superstars like Parise or Keith are worth their weight in gold, but guy like Heatley and Campbell that aren't any cheaper than an equivalent FA you just can't get that much for. (especially one dimensional stars like Heatley and Campbell)

Old
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Well, that happens. I would give you some money, but I'm not a Jew so I don't have a bag of Jew gold (or the fake bag to trick robbers)...
I am a Jew, but I still need some Jew gold for underpants, because I spent all my Jew gold on that leg extension so I could basketball.

Old
Flapjack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
campbell played in your bottom pairing....is grossly over paid.....why would we take on your mistake?

The same reason the Hawks would take yours, a change of scenery.

Campbell is possibly one of the greatest leading the rush defenseman of all time, if you dont belive me, just look at some of the things that are said about his greatness on this and the OMB, he's been compared to Gretzky.

Its one headache for another, with both teams benefitting in the end, and this might possibly be the most realistic preposal theres gonna be, considering the contract involved, dont be surprised if the return isnt anything better than Campbell and a couple late round picks scattered.

But if Hawk fans belive Campbell is possibly the defensive Gretzky, why wouldnt Murray jump at this?

Iam proving a point here children, plz be patient

FlapJack- HF's sex symbol, Blackhawks expert, a mans man, glamorous, and the voice of truth.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:33 PM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffle View Post
Eh. I think Heatley vs. Campbell is a wash. I know it is cool to dog on Campbell, but he really is a game changer. The other team has to adjust their game to play against Campbell and some just can't handle him at all because of how good/fast he is at rushing the puck. Heatley is a point machine, yes, but that is about it. He is poor defensively and it sounds like he is a negative in the locker room. Pretty sure I'd rather keep Campbell.
I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of Heatley, but when did Campbell start playing defense?

Old
06-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Flapjack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
If the hawks wants Heatley

the deal stars with either Kane or one of thier other young studs

not campbell--not even close
No it doesnt, its a straight up trade, your problem for ours.

How do you think Heatley returns Kane with that horrid contract?

FlapJack- HF's sex symbol, Blackhawks expert, a mans man, glamorous, and the voice of truth.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:36 PM
JDM

Quote:
Campbell is possibly one of the greatest leading the rush defenseman of all time, if you dont belive me, just look at some of the things that are said about his greatness on this and the OMB, he's been compared to Gretzky.

But if Hawk fans belive Campbell is possibly the defensive Gretzky, why wouldnt Murray jump at this?
Just out of curiosity, if (by your own words) Keith is one of the top 3 defenseman in the league along with Lidstrom and Chara, but Campbell is comparable to Gretzky, the best forward of all time, wouldn't that make Campbell better than Lidstrom, Chara and your boy Keith?

Just using your own logic here buddy.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Flapjack*

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, if (by your own words) Keith is one of the top 3 defenseman in the league along with Lidstrom and Chara, but Campbell is comparable to Gretzky, the best forward of all time, wouldn't that make Campbell better than Lidstrom, Chara and your boy Keith?

Just using your own logic here buddy.

It wasnt me who compared Campbell to Gretzky.
My opinion of Campbell remains quiet while he might be traded for a Dany Heatley.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:41 PM
JDM

Quote:
It wasnt me who compared Campbell to Gretzky.
My opinion of Campbell remains quiet while he might be traded for a Dany Heatley.

It's interesting when a man uses an opinion he doesn't agree with to make a point he agrees with.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praise Alfie View Post
Now lets say Cam Barker, Versteeg and Bolland for Heatley and Kelly.
That'd do wonders for our cap situation going forward.

$27.7 million for Huet, Campbell, Heatley, Kelly, Byfuglien and Sopel.

Can you say "contender"?

Oh, by the way... Flapjack, damn you're funny. Do you write your own material?

Old
06-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Flapjack*

Quote:
It's interesting when a man uses an opinion he doesn't agree with to make a point he agrees with.

Actually, I said Iam quiet on my opinion.

I aint sayin, just sayin

Old
06-10-2009, 03:46 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
No it doesnt, its a straight up trade, your problem for ours.

How do you think Heatley returns Kane with that horrid contract?

campbell's contract is a joke and hawks are stuck with it. Heatley earns hism money.

When guys like Seabrook, Barker and the oher young guys the hawks develop more--BC is the third paying on the team.

If you want campbell for heatley toss in a few first rounder to off set the difference between the two players---doing a contract based upon just the contract is a joke,

Campbell's contract is 7 more years at 7.25 cap hit per year so he will be 37 when it ends.

if you were the sens and had these two offers

Campbell for Heatley straight or Sheldon Souray for Heatley straight? Which deal would the sens take?

the only way the hawks move camplbell is if they take a bad contract in return and right now maybe only horcoff's in Edmonton is worse then BC's contract

Old
06-10-2009, 03:47 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=649715

this should settle things

Old
06-10-2009, 03:48 PM
JDM

Quote:
Actually, I said Iam quiet on my opinion.
First in one thread I see you complain that just because someone expresses an opinion doesn't mean it is trolling.

I agree with that.

But when someone says something that he knows will incite and enrage others, all the while not willing to back it up as his own opinion, now THAT, my friend, is trolling.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Piffle

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of Heatley, but when did Campbell start playing defense?
Again, I know it is cool to dog on Campbell, but he is average defensively, not terrible. Did you watch him much this year? Yes he takes chances to try to generate offense, but his defensive game isn't miserable by any means. He needs to play with a responsible partner. When he had one this year, the defense didn't suffer from him being out there.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT 91 NYI View Post
Havlat is gonna be a goner in 3 weeks and your not getting Heatley for Campbell. Not even close.

Make that:

Sharp Toews Kane Bolland

I didnt think the heater trade would work by any means but i meant if it did happen, just for the possibillity. Also havlat will be resigned most likely and if not versteeg will take his place.

Old
xicethug13x

as a hawks fan i do this trade in a second

to ottawa fans would this get it done

chi:heatley

ott:cambell,versteeg, your choice of skille or our first

this get it done?

Old
Flapjack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
campbell's contract is a joke and hawks are stuck with it. Heatley earns hism money. /snip
No he doesnt.

Heatleys a head case, and will be a journeyman player once he finds yet another reason to jump ship and request a trade.

He signed a contract which is just as silly as Campbells, and, considering the media got wind of his trade request, his value, not even bringing up that contract, just shot down....alot.

If Sen fans think a Kane or Toews is the return for that contract, then, I hate to be the one brandishing the paddle that says reality across it, but thats a pipe dream.

A seven million contract for another, and no offense, Heatley is a one demensional player with attitude problems, the return of Campbell is not only a steal, but might possibly be the best offer thats realisticly thrown out there.

Not the way the cap is structured will you see free wheel trades the way it was, the cap kills big time trades now that salary has to be placed in the mix, with more NBA style trades, and unless the Sens take some bad contracts, a puck moving defenseman in his prime isnt a bad return.

Old
06-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Analyzer*

Quote:
No he doesnt.

Heatleys a head case, and will be a journeyman player once he finds yet another reason to jump ship and request a trade.

He signed a contract which is just as silly as Campbells, and, considering the media got wind of his trade request, his value, not even bringing up that contract, just shot down....alot.

If Sen fans think a Kane or Toews is the return for that contract, then, I hate to be the one brandishing the paddle that says reality across it, but thats a pipe dream.

A seven million contract for another, and no offense, Heatley is a one demensional player with attitude problems, the return of Campbell is not only a steal, but might possibly be the best offer thats realisticly thrown out there.

Not the way the cap is structured will you see free wheel trades the way it was, the cap kills big time trades now that salary has to be placed in the mix, with more NBA style trades, and unless the Sens take some bad contracts, a puck moving defenseman in his prime isnt a bad return.

Don't even respond to this guy, it's quite clear he's not all there.

Closed Thread