Burns in this year's draft

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2004, 09:30 AM
All Star United

vCash: 500
Burns in this year's draft

Hey guys,

I'd like to have your opinion on this one. Where do you think Brent Burns would go if he was available in this year's draft? Top 5, 10, 15,... not in the first round, ...?

Thank you

Old
04-15-2004, 10:24 AM
ceber

Assuming he was coming off a playoff performance like he had last year? I'd guess he'd go around the same place. Just a guess.

Old
04-15-2004, 10:35 AM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Star United
Hey guys,

I'd like to have your opinion on this one. Where do you think Brent Burns would go if he was available in this year's draft? Top 5, 10, 15,... not in the first round, ...?

Thank you
I'm not sure this is a fair question, only for the reason that Burns didn't play in junior this year. If he had played for Brampton, then it would be much easier to make a guess since he would have been playing with other people who have never played in the NHL.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:24 PM
All Star United

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
I'm not sure this is a fair question, only for the reason that Burns didn't play in junior this year. If he had played for Brampton, then it would be much easier to make a guess since he would have been playing with other people who have never played in the NHL.
Well I'm asking according to his performance with the Wild this year. I didn't have the chance to see him play in Minny. I only saw him at the world junior. He was pretty impressive there.

So I'd like to know if he was to be back in the draft this year, where would he go, according that we know what he can do in the NHL.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:31 PM
strib

Quote:
Well I'm asking according to his performance with the Wild this year. I didn't have the chance to see him play in Minny. I only saw him at the world junior. He was pretty impressive there.

So I'd like to know if he was to be back in the draft this year, where would he go, according that we know what he can do in the NHL.
Lower than where he went. He looked ok at the juniors but I didn't think he did anything special with the Wild. He also didn't play very much with them other than at the end. And I don't think he will do much next year either. Somewhat similar to Bouchard's first two years in my estimation.

Old
04-16-2004, 07:52 AM
All Star United

Any other opinion? Burns will be available in my fantasy league draft next june. He went undrafted in our league last year. Same thing for Patrice Bergeron. So I'd like to know where you think he would go, so that I can see if I have to move up.

Thank you

Old
04-16-2004, 08:24 AM
ceber

Ahh.. fantasy league.. He'll probably go later. Not much hype around him after this last season, I'd imagine.

Old
04-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Lake Harriet

I'd say about the same. As an 18 year old, he didn't do anything that might indicate that he will be an NHL star, which might have moved him up to the top 10. Given that he pretty much held his own and showed some intriguing possibilities as a defenseman, his stock has held steady.

Old
04-16-2004, 03:34 PM
Brock

I'd have Burns in the 15-20 range this year, if I were to slot him in basing on his last OHL performances.

He's a big kid, he can skate, he can score, he's physical.

I had Burns around 40th last year, so his moving up would be because I feel this years draft crop is significantly worse.

Old
04-16-2004, 07:45 PM
theo6060

Quote:
Any other opinion? Burns will be available in my fantasy league draft next june. He went undrafted in our league last year. Same thing for Patrice Bergeron. So I'd like to know where you think he would go, so that I can see if I have to move up.

Thank you
Depends what kind of fantasy hockey league you're speaking of. Is it NHL rerate or sim rerate? I've got Burns in a sim league, and with a farm streak he went up to 75OV this year. Probably because of his size.

Old
04-18-2004, 01:13 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Wouldn't it also count on where the Wild would stick him?

W or D?

If Defense, I think his stock would've gone up a bit, a good mobile defenseman that hits and has a heavy slapshot is a nice commodity...

But a very long term project that plays the wing and might never be more than a 3rd line forward, ala Ben Eaves (Phoenix ---> Philadelphia) he would've dropped.

Closed Thread