HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Kunitz

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2004, 02:35 PM
  #1
DHLTrashers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Chris Kunitz

Will he on the Top 3 Lines next year on a regular basis? I hope it, because i´ve him in a fantasy league (5th round choice last draft).

thx

DHLTrashers is offline  
Old
03-25-2004, 04:30 PM
  #2
Hank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHLTrashers
Will he on the Top 3 Lines next year on a regular basis? I hope it, because i´ve him in a fantasy league (5th round choice last draft).
Too early to tell. There will be a lot of competion for a handful of forward spots next camp. And hopefully a roster tweak or two by then as well.

Hank is offline  
Old
03-25-2004, 05:50 PM
  #3
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,169
vCash: 500
Taking a look at the numbers, top 9 jobs are guaranteed to:
Fedorov
Sykora
Prospal
Niedermayer
Rucchin
Lupul
Pahlsson

We can probably expect these guys in the mix too
Schastlivy
Leclerc
Holmqvist
Chistov
Getzlaf
McDonald

Kunitz will be hard pressed to crack that

Kevin Forbes is offline  
Old
03-25-2004, 06:41 PM
  #4
lux_interior
Registered User
 
lux_interior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 8,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbesy
Taking a look at the numbers, top 9 jobs are guaranteed to:
Fedorov
Sykora
Prospal
Niedermayer
Rucchin
Lupul
Pahlsson

We can probably expect these guys in the mix too
Schastlivy
Leclerc
Holmqvist
Chistov
Getzlaf
McDonald

Kunitz will be hard pressed to crack that
If healthy, I would put Leclerc in the top group rather than the bottom group. That's a big *if* though. Also Smirnov could compete for a spot, but he's running out of chances.

lux_interior is offline  
Old
03-25-2004, 06:58 PM
  #5
Gibsons Finest
Beast
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux_interior
If healthy, I would put Leclerc in the top group rather than the bottom group. That's a big *if* though. Also Smirnov could compete for a spot, but he's running out of chances.
Smirnov's being trained as a d-man. That might've stopped though. I wouldn't know, as I haven't paid much attention to Cincy, lately. I'd take what we have up here already(except Burnett) over Smirnov, anyway.

Gibsons Finest is offline  
Old
03-25-2004, 07:29 PM
  #6
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
Smirnov's being trained as a d-man. That might've stopped though. I wouldn't know, as I haven't paid much attention to Cincy, lately. I'd take what we have up here already(except Burnett) over Smirnov, anyway.
Smirnov hasn't played in the last 2 games in Cincy, but before that, he was playing forward for 1 game and before that he was still playing D.

Kevin Forbes is offline  
Old
03-26-2004, 12:04 AM
  #7
lux_interior
Registered User
 
lux_interior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 8,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbesy
Smirnov hasn't played in the last 2 games in Cincy, but before that, he was playing forward for 1 game and before that he was still playing D.
Just curious why Smirnov hasn't played. Injured? Healthy scratch (please no).

lux_interior is offline  
Old
03-26-2004, 11:58 AM
  #8
Harry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
I also have him in a league. But looking over the list of real good prospects that the Ducks have, he may be religated to another year in the minors. At best he is an outsider with a chance. I think he will one day make the show but dont know when. I'd hang on to him a little longer and see what happens.

Harry is offline  
Old
03-26-2004, 12:46 PM
  #9
Kick Save
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbesy
Taking a look at the numbers, top 9 jobs are guaranteed to:
Fedorov
Sykora
Prospal
Niedermayer
Rucchin
Lupul
Pahlsson

We can probably expect these guys in the mix too
Schastlivy
Leclerc
Holmqvist
Chistov
Getzlaf
McDonald

Kunitz will be hard pressed to crack that
Forbesy: I tend to agree with you. I'm not sure about Niedermayer, but only because (I believe) he's an RFA and may be looking for a raise from his current $2.1 mil. I think, barring injury, Getzlaf is a "lock".

I have a feeling that Sykora may be dealt in the offseason.

Kick Save is offline  
Old
03-26-2004, 01:28 PM
  #10
Gibsons Finest
Beast
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick Save
Forbesy: I tend to agree with you. I'm not sure about Niedermayer, but only because (I believe) he's an RFA and may be looking for a raise from his current $2.1 mil. I think, barring injury, Getzlaf is a "lock".

I have a feeling that Sykora may be dealt in the offseason.
Sykora is going no where. BM said after D-day that he liked the core too much to deal any one of them. If Sykora was going, then it would've been on March 9th.

Gibsons Finest is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 02:07 AM
  #11
McDonald19
Hampus
 
McDonald19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 17,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
Sykora is going no where. BM said after D-day that he liked the core too much to deal any one of them. If Sykora was going, then it would've been on March 9th.
I could see a big trade happening this summer regardless of what did or didn't happen March 9th.

Sykora is a reasonably possible player to be traded.

McDonald19 is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 02:11 AM
  #12
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey
 
mmbt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,256
vCash: 500
Considering most of our team can't finish, I don't see how dealing our best shooter helps.

mmbt is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 02:20 AM
  #13
Gibsons Finest
Beast
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
I could see a big trade happening this summer regardless of what did or didn't happen March 9th.

Sykora is a reasonably possible player to be traded.
As reasonably possible as Fedorov. BM said after the deadline that he liked the core too much to trade anyone. Sykora is a huge part of that core. Like mmbt said, he's our best shooter, and the team has trouble finishing. He also really helped bring in Prospal, and we need Prospal to produce, so trading Sykora may bring down Prospal. The two also have chemistry, and if they're put on a line next year, it should produce.

There's also no chance of getting good market value for him. He has a big contract and his production tailed off a bit this year.

Gibsons Finest is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.