HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do you want the Wings to meet in the first round??

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2004, 03:51 PM
hossy316

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hossy316
Who do you want the Wings to meet in the first round??

Looks like it is gonna come down to either St. Louis, Edmonton, or Nashville. What is everyone's preference on who they play??

Old
03-25-2004, 03:59 PM
dats-13

1. St. Louis
2. Edmonton
3. Nashville

in that order...

Old
03-25-2004, 04:09 PM
doublejack

I think it's still too early to say we'll play one of those 3. Realistically we could finish anywhere from 1st to 3rd in the conference and play any one of five or six teams. If we lose these next two games to the Avs then we'll likely be 2nd at best. Even if you assume we finish 1st there is a chance LA could be 8th. So the field is really wide open yet.

For selfish reasons I'd like to play either St. Louis or Nashville of the possible teams we could face. I really hate that we're in the Western Conference. Staying up until 2 or 3am on a worknight to watch a game is just not appealing. (note to Bettman: Fix that already! Move Detroit to the Eastern Conference where we belong. K, thx). So the closer the team is to our time zone the better in my book.

Old
03-25-2004, 04:20 PM
jiggs 10

1.) Nashville
2.) St.Louis
3.) Edmonton

I have my doubts Edmonton or St. Louis will be in the playoffs as the 8th seed, but St. Louis would be an easy series to win for the Wings. Edmonton is fast, but the Wings SHOULD beat them fairly easily. Nashville...a wild card there. They can be good or bad from game to game historically.

Old
03-25-2004, 04:34 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
definitly STL....

calgary is sick, i saw them the other night, a team i dont wanna meet, besides they are a little too ahead of the others anyway

nashville is a physical team, a team that could get hot in the playoffs with them just now making it for the first time, they arent a young team of all rookies, they got some vets on the team and are a team i dont feel comfortable playing...

STL has my vote..
We all know ozzie can be beatten easily at times, there defense isnt too thrilling and offensively they arent had to shut down IMHO... a team id love to play

Old
03-25-2004, 05:28 PM
Boomhower

1) Nashville
2) LA
3) St.Louis
4) Edmonton
5) Calgary

Old
03-25-2004, 05:46 PM
Spitfire11

The Wings should be able to beat them all without much trouble. Calgary is the only team I'm worried about facing. St.Louis would probably be a tough series and put a lot of wear and tear on Detroit. I'd prefer:

1. LA - Cechmanek in net, and Palffy is the only star player on the team.

2. Nashville - Vokoun could give Detroit reason to worry, but they have one of the weakest defenses in the league, and their top scorers are Sullivan, Walker and Zidlicky.

3. Edmonton - They're heading into the playoffs on a hot streak, but Markkanen and Conklin arn't likely to give the Wings too much trouble.

4. St. Louis - They will really beat on the Wings, they're a feisty team and everyone finishes their checks. They have top scorers in Demitra, Weight and Tkachuk, and you never know, Osgood could surprise.

5. Calgary - Going into the playoffs with the hottest goalie in the NHL, they also have a very solid defense core.

Last edited by Spitfire11: 03-25-2004 at 06:03 PM.
Old
03-25-2004, 07:35 PM
stu the grim reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats-13
1. St. Louis
2. Edmonton
3. Nashville

in that order...
i agree
im a little worried about nashville

Old
03-25-2004, 10:38 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
St. Louis...we've had their number the last few seasons...why should now be any different?

Old
03-25-2004, 11:24 PM
mc

Send a message via AIM to mc
1) st louis
2) nashville
3) edmonton

honestly none of those three teams scare me all that much. I guess the only difference between edmonton and nashville is travel, so thats why i ranked nashville second

Calgary should finish 6th so we'll miss them, and im happy about that and i dont think LA is going to make it in

Old
03-26-2004, 08:41 AM
Shoalzie

I'm fine with St. Louis or Los Angeles because of their injury problems and inconsistent goaltending. Edmonton is scary only because of their speed and grit. Their goaltending is very suspect though. I don't want Calgary or Nashville but the Wings have beaten up the Predators in their last couple of meetings.

Old
03-26-2004, 09:40 AM
Higgy4

Edmonton and Calgary scare me the most. Those damn west coast Canadien teams always give the Wings fits.

I would rather face St.Louis or Nashville.

Old
03-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

Spitfire, Palffy is out through the playoffs.

1. St. Louis
2. Los Angeles
3. Edmonton
4. Nashville

Old
03-26-2004, 02:01 PM
User Name

vCash:
1. St. Louis - probably my second favorite team, and we have good games when we play them . Not to mention they suck this year and are the easiest out of the five (but don't count them out)
2. Edmonton - fast team but not as good as everyone thinks, goaltending pretty weak too. They're very streaky, which could be a good or bad thing.
3. Nashville - Definitely a tough team that we never beat but should. They've been great since picking up Sullivan.
4. Los Angeles - Doing wonders with the most man-games lost in the NHL.. they should be getting some guys back for the playoffs too, so they'll look even scarier than normal.
5. Calgary - Very strong team, I could see Kipper being like a Giguere against the Wings and we'd get beaten again .

Old
03-26-2004, 04:55 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

1) St. Louis
2) LA
3) Edmonton
4) Nashville
5) Calgary

Old
03-27-2004, 07:26 PM
pavel13

Send a message via AIM to pavel13
Playing Nashville or Calgary in the playoffs reminds me of Anaheim last year - not a team I want Detroit to face. Especially Nashville, who have played well this season against us.
The only advantage to playing Nashville is travel, as somebody said earlier.

Los Angeles
St. Louis
Edmonton
Nashville
Calgary

in that order.

Closed Thread