HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Souray

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
And how do you know Souray is not in the market for a condo or a rental?

OR like Moreau a different house?

There could be many explanations besides that he wants a trade.
I read somewhere that Souray is having a house built on the outskirts of Edmonton

06-11-2009, 03:54 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
He could just be buying another house. I've always been surprised at how small it is compared to what he makes.
Maybe because he came from a simple background in Northern Alberta he does not feel the need to own a mansion that he only lives in for 1/3 of the year.

Old
06-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Ssseth

Quote:
He could just be buying another house. I've always been surprised at how small it is compared to what he makes.
What? You don't think a 2000 square foot (1 floor, the basement is probably another 1500 square feet or so), fully loaded, 1.2 million dollar house in the heart of the beautiful river valley good enough for a single guy?

Old
06-11-2009, 04:03 PM
hfboardsuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssseth View Post
What? You don't think a 2000 square foot, fully loaded, 1.2 million dollar house in the heart of the beautiful river valley good enough for a single guy?
I wasn't expecting a palace of Katzian proportions, but a number of Oilers have bought/built homes recently and Souray's is by far the smallest. I also think the total square footage includes the basement, because it is not a very big place.

As for 'heart of the beautiful river valley', yeah, it's nearby, but you can't even see it from his neighborhood.

Old
06-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Shizuka

If Souray is indeed on the way out, I'll be sorry to see him go. However, the return, as hockeyaddict101 says, will be substantial. Real_Estate_Agent, thanks for checking this out. Everything remains anecdotal, until the deal (if any) gets done -- but being fans, and seeing that this is a forum for discussion, I don't necessarily see the harm in rumination and speculation. The distraction is sometimes nice.

There are certainly lots of indicators, and from some fairly well connected sources, that suggest something is happening with Souray though...

Old
06-11-2009, 07:54 PM
the word*

Would hate to see Souray leave. If he does, he'll get a standing ovation when he returns to play at Rexall. A physical defenseman with a cannon and the ability to score 20 goals and fight like he does, comes around very seldom.

Old
06-11-2009, 09:34 PM
alanschu

In the talk that I had with his cousin, I got the impression that he is expecting to be traded to clear some cap space.

In other words, he's not asking out, but rather the organization is looking to trade him.

Old
06-11-2009, 09:41 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post
In the talk that I had with his cousin, I got the impression that he is expecting to be traded to clear some cap space.

In other words, he's not asking out, but rather the organization is looking to trade him.
Presuming this has substamce...

Souray has a NMC/T clause right now doesn't he? Is he willing to waive it? Will he only waive it for certain teams?

Old
06-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post

That would really surprise me after what Tambo said at the end of the season about wanting more toughness/size/grit what have you.

Souray is by far and away our toughest and grittiest player that doesn't play on a fourth line. No one else is even in his area code. Visnovsky, Gilbert, or even Grebeshkov would be more sensible trade avenues going by the post season press conference logic. I know a lot of people are loving the idea of bringing in JayBo and shipping out Souray but that gives us the softest top four in hockey, albeit a skilled one. I'm not suggesting JayBo isn't a superior player but he doesn't bring the PP presence or anywhere near the toughness/grit as Souray. The player that most closely replicates his skill set on this team, and only makes 1.4 mill less than Souray is Tom Gilbert. Thus, if the idea is to bring in JayBo the top four defensemen leaving should be Gilbert, as opposed to Souray. 44 is the toughest to replace of all our defensemen just because of the intangibles and toughness he brings that no other guy in our top four does.

Old
06-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:
The fact is we could go back and forth all day.

The truth is the fact that he has put his house up for sale and shipped his cars can have many explanations.

There is not just one conclusion.
Not fact. But agreed that there could be many explanations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
Vish is small..... Souray is big & has a booming slapshot......

I checked the complete history when this topic thread appeared - sorry, but I am not allowed to share specific details (EREB regulations)...
The information leads me to believe Souray is leaving Edmonton....
I was hoping you would see my post stupid mlxchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
I read somewhere that Souray is having a house built on the outskirts of Edmonton
This seems more plausible to me. I wish R_E_A could let us know what the possession time is on his property.

If he has asked for a trade I hope it doesnt come out until after we acquire a star. He comes the "not even guys born and raised in the area want to live there"

Old
06-11-2009, 11:13 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
Souray is by far my favorite Oiler, but I do that trade in a heartbeat. That's a good deal for everyone involved.
Ottawa isnt getting enough, and we are getting too much in this proposal.

Old
06-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssseth View Post
What approx date was it? I think CBC has their hotstove segments online.

Edit: Found it. I'm assuming it was May 30th. Watching now.
I'm late to the party, but Strachan also said this on The Score about a month ago. He again stated it like it was fact.

Old
06-11-2009, 11:20 PM
blue_n_copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discipline View Post
Presuming this has substamce...

Souray has a NMC/T clause right now doesn't he? Is he willing to waive it? Will he only waive it for certain teams?
His agent said he would like to be closer to his kids. I can't blame a man for that. I think he would probably waive if it meant going somewhere significantly closer to his children. That means any of the three California teams and possibly Phoenix. Nowhere else is really that much closer that it would make a difference to the amount of time he got to spend with them.

Old
06-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post

I wish R_E_A could let us know what the possession time is on his property.
Get a realtor to set up an appointment to view the house - then ask about all details a potential purchaser would need to know...

The possession date is relevant to any potential buyer.....

Old
06-11-2009, 11:54 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Get a realtor to set up an appointment to view the house - then ask about all details a potential purchaser would need to know...

The possession date is relevant to any potential buyer.....
That tells us nothing really.

Old
06-12-2009, 12:09 AM
hfboardsuser

Possession is 30 days/negotiable.

Old
06-12-2009, 12:15 AM
R-MAN83

Quote:
Possession is 30 days/negotiable.
Are you hearing he is gone Mr Bugg?

Old
06-12-2009, 12:17 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

isn't 30 days/negotiable standard?

if it was 2 weeks/negotiable I'd be a bit more worried.

Old
06-12-2009, 12:20 AM
MerryJ99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky is a gangsta View Post
Moreau bought another house...
Quote:
And how do you know Souray is not in the market for a condo or a rental?

OR like Moreau a different house?

There could be many explanations besides that he wants a trade.
Exactly, and I was under the impression that Souray was just finishing building a 4+ million Dollar home out in Sherwood park or something like that. Now if that is the case than selling this homes makes perfect sense. I am not sure if this is true or not but who knows and I am going to wait and see.

Old
06-12-2009, 12:29 AM
MerryJ99

Quote:
Vish is small..... Souray is big & has a booming slapshot......

I checked the complete history when this topic thread appeared - sorry, but I am not allowed to share specific details (EREB regulations)...

The information leads me to believe Souray is leaving Edmonton....

Well I am privy to the same information that you are and I am not sure how you come to that conclusion. Unless the listing Realtor has shared confidential information with you (which we both know is a huge no no) or you are the listing realtor, nothing in the listing leads to anything about the seller moving away.

Old
06-12-2009, 12:41 AM
digger18

I am getting so sick and tired of players wanting to be traded out of Canadian markets.

Between Gary pro America Bettman

the media/fan pressure

the high taxes

for heavens sakes the cold weather..... of all things

the adultry

the wanting to move closer to my American home even, know I'm Canadian.....etc.

The excuses keep coming and the Canadian Cup drought continues to grow.

It is getting very frustrating.

Old
06-12-2009, 12:50 AM
MerryJ99

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
I am getting so sick and tired of players wanting to be traded out of Canadian markets.

Between Gary pro America Bettman

the media/fan pressure

the high taxes

for heavens sakes the cold weather..... of all things

the adultery

the wanting to move closer to my American home even, know I'm Canadian.....etc.

The excuses keep coming and the Canadian Cup drought continues to grow.

It is getting very frustrating.

you missed the part about the fact that if it were not for the stability and the revenue that the Canadian teams bring in that their paychecks would not be as high as they are or that fact that the revenue sharing that the Canadian clubs pay into pay a lot of their salaries...

Old
06-12-2009, 12:55 AM
digger18

Yes I realize that the Canadian markets are pretty much carrying the league revenues. I was just wondering how many more excuses we are going to hear out of big name players, when they demand a trade out of a Canadian market?

It seems we go through this every offseason.

I may be wrong, but I dont see near as many players asking to be dealt by American clubs, as we see players demanding trades out of the Canadian markets.

Old
06-12-2009, 12:59 AM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
Yes I realize that the Canadian markets are pretty much carrying the league revenues. I was just wondering how many more excuses we are going to hear out of big name players, when they demand a trade out of a Canadian market?

It seems we go through this every offseason.

I may be wrong, but I dont see near as many players asking to be dealt by American clubs, as we see players demanding trades out of the Canadian markets.
If there's any truth to this rumor (and I remain skeptical) it's only because he wants to be closer to his daughter who lives in Cali. A reason like that doesn't upset me, especially since he hasn't gone public with any kind of demand.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:03 AM
hossy316

Send a message via MSN to hossy316
I guess we are all missing the big picture of all this. IF this is true, this is not the only time that a big name player has signed here for a long term and big dollars only to turn around and ask to be moved after 1, 2 years. There is obviouly something wrong here. Is it the organization or the actual city???? I've never been to Edm, but ahyone care to shed some light on this??????

Closed Thread