HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Souray

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2009, 01:05 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
I agree, who knows. He could want out, but if he does he is going about it the right way, not making a stink ala cough cough pronger.

So to me if he wants a trade, he is doing the right things, not forcing the oilers hands ect.

I mentioned this a while ago, but the one thing I don't get is why sell his house till he is traded, even Pronger didn't do that, I mean it just makes sense. To me it smells a lot of him just wanting a differnt house.
From what I know Pronger had his house on the market in mid-December (during the 2005-2006 season). I think I recall hearing Stauffer saying this at some point on team 1260. Or it might have been Brownlee.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:17 AM
NoLocus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossy316 View Post
I guess we are all missing the big picture of all this. IF this is true, this is not the only time that a big name player has signed here for a long term and big dollars only to turn around and ask to be moved after 1, 2 years. There is obviouly something wrong here. Is it the organization or the actual city???? I've never been to Edm, but ahyone care to shed some light on this??????
I've lived in the city for over 4 years now, it's a ****-hole.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:20 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

vCash: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLocus View Post
Then move.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:22 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Get out of here, it smells like ******.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:55 AM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryJ99 View Post

Exactly, and I was under the impression that Souray was just finishing building a 4+ million Dollar home out in Sherwood park or something like that. Now if that is the case than selling this homes makes perfect sense.

I am not sure if this is true or not but who knows and I am going to wait and see.

Quote:

Well I am privy to the same information that you are
If you are privy to the same information I have, you will know what the most expensive house sold for in Sherwood Park over the past 10 years.

Anyone (especially an NHL player) building a $4 million house in Sherwood Park would probably have been reported in the news by now...

So I do not believe the $4 million new house theory to have merit......

Old
06-12-2009, 02:13 AM
MerryJ99

Why would a 4 million dollar home make the news?

Old
06-12-2009, 02:15 AM
dashingsilverfox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
From what I know Pronger had his house on the market in mid-December (during the 2005-2006 season). I think I recall hearing Stauffer saying this at some point on team 1260. Or it might have been Brownlee.
That is true.

I used to live right down the street and the house was in fact empty from November on.

Old
06-12-2009, 02:21 AM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:

Why would a 4 million dollar home make the news?
As I posted:

Quote:

If you are privy to the same information I have, you will know what the most expensive house sold for in Sherwood Park over the past 10 years.
Sheldon Souray building a $4 million house in Sherwood Park would make the news because that mansion would stand out like a sore thumb....

By the way, since you were under the impression he is building that mansion, please tell us why you are under that impression.....

Old
06-12-2009, 02:52 AM
Dr_Gonz0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
I wasn't expecting a palace of Katzian proportions, but a number of Oilers have bought/built homes recently and Souray's is by far the smallest. I also think the total square footage includes the basement, because it is not a very big place.

As for 'heart of the beautiful river valley', yeah, it's nearby, but you can't even see it from his neighborhood.
Basements are never included when adding up the square footage of a property.

Old
06-12-2009, 04:21 AM
okgooil

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Then move.

Old
06-12-2009, 06:36 AM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
I'm always perplexed by comments like this. It's fair to dislike a city. It's natural to not enjoy one. But it's not natural to think a city is a dump and continue to live there.

If you are even one of the following...

1)Talented
2)Resourceful
3)Intelligent
4)Able-bodied
5)Educated

...you can get work almost anywhere in the country, let alone the world. If you hate a city and think it's a dump, yet you still live there, well, you either need one of the above, or you need to learn to apply your skills harder to get a job and live somewhere else.

Old
06-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Speedyturtle

All cities have their flaws but I wouldn't say Edmonton is a dump. Go visit some of the big American cities and take a look at the side of their roads and see how much trash and graffiti there is. When my American friends visit our city they marvel at how clean it is compared to there's.

Old
06-12-2009, 11:15 AM
AVE MAN

Quote:
I bet if you lived in Naples you would probably think the same thing. Most guys that are stuck in their basements, with no active social live don't like the city they live in.

Looks like this thread could be officially shut down, it went from talking about Souray to another "Chris Pronger" like discussion on "why do people live here?".

Old
06-12-2009, 12:22 PM
foshizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
As I posted:

Sheldon Souray building a $4 million house in Sherwood Park would make the news because that mansion would stand out like a sore thumb....

By the way, since you were under the impression he is building that mansion, please tell us why you are under that impression.....
REA- When was the last time you saw a house featured on the News- be honest now... The news isn't MTV cribs you know

Old
06-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle View Post

REA- When was the last time you saw a house featured on the News- be honest now... The news isn't MTV cribs you know
Daryl Katz's mansion...........

Old
06-12-2009, 12:56 PM
foshizzle

Quote:
Daryl Katz's mansion...........
Ha ha ha REA- are you comparing Katz' 20 million dollar home- the most expensive Edmonton to a 4 million dollar home? Just saw the smiley- so you are being sarcastic. I'm glad to know that you realize that 4 million dollar homes just aren't featured on the news. I think if Katz wasn't purchasing the Oilers at that time- his home wouldn't of made the news. I'm willing to bet- most people in Edmonton didn't even know who Daryl Katz was before the offer.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:10 PM
gemstones

I love lamp.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:11 PM
sync
BECAUSE...REASONS!!!

i have a friend who is a framer - and he is working on a 6000 SF house in sherwood park.

mostly likely completely unrelated, but then again so is most of the stuff in this thread.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:13 PM
foshizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post
i have a friend who is a framer - and he is working on a 6000 SF house in sherwood park.

mostly likely completely unrelated, but then again so is most of the stuff in this thread.
If it's not on the news- it's not happening

Old
06-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle View Post
Ha ha ha REA- are you comparing Katz' 20 million dollar home- the most expensive Edmonton to a 4 million dollar home?

Just saw the smiley- so you are being sarcastic.
I am not being sarcastic.... Katz's 20 million dollar home was in the news because it was the most expensive home being built in Edmonton.

I was responding to a poster who stated Souray was building a 4 million dollar home in Sherwood Park - that mansion would hit the news for the exact same reason......

Old
06-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post

All you have to do is get your friend to give you the address; then go to any land titles office and pay less than $20 for a title search.

You will know exactly who owns that property.....

Old
06-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Lord Daftwager

^ Much like Iginla's house in Calgary; though he was having problems with contractors.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Lord Daftwager

Quote:
All you have to do is get your friend to give you the address; then go to any land titles office and pay less than $20 for a title search.

You will know exactly who owns that property.....
Spin II Host will pull a title for $10.
https://alta.registries.gov.ab.ca/spinii/logon.aspx

Old
06-12-2009, 02:03 PM
foshizzle

Quote:
I am not being sarcastic.... Katz's 20 million dollar home was in the news because it was the most expensive home being built in Edmonton.

I was responding to a poster who stated Souray was building a 4 million dollar home in Sherwood Park - that mansion would hit the news for the exact same reason......
REA- a 4 million dollar home is not going to be on the news- regardless of what you say.

Old
06-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Mentallydull

Quote:

Why do I get the feeling you're just trying to stir the pot yet again? I haven't been on these forums for very long but I already know exactly what you're about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew SR Cowie View Post
I'm always perplexed by comments like this. It's fair to dislike a city. It's natural to not enjoy one. But it's not natural to think a city is a dump and continue to live there.

If you are even one of the following...

1)Talented
2)Resourceful
3)Intelligent
4)Able-bodied
5)Educated

...you can get work almost anywhere in the country, let alone the world. If you hate a city and think it's a dump, yet you still live there, well, you either need one of the above, or you need to learn to apply your skills harder to get a job and live somewhere else.
hahaha, great post

Closed Thread