HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phaneuf to Los Angeles

Old
06-15-2009, 06:00 PM
FoxMulder91*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombernack View Post
Junior injuries I take it? He's only missed 5 games in 4 years. (no sarcasm)

I also doubt his development has stalled. He had an off year and CGY would be nuts to ditch him. He got a Norris nomination last year in his 3rd year. He's a stud.
His off-year was mainly caused by playing through an injury for most of the year that probably needed surgery.

FoxMulder91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 06:07 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkForest91 View Post
I agree. Its just ridiculous to see Kings fans call Phanuef garbage and say he wouldnt be an upgrade on any of their Defensemen.

Phanuef is in the top tier of all D in the league. He had an off year because of his injuries.
He could of had season ending surgery early on in the year and people wouldnt be saying any of this stuff about him being overrated, garbage, etc.
People have been saying his defensive game is overrated long before this season. He needs to make smarter plays on his side of the ice.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 06:10 PM
FoxMulder91*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
People have been saying his defensive game is overrated long before this season. He needs to make smarter plays on his side of the ice.
Tons of pople just say that hes just overrated. I dont think anyone has said he plays amazing in his own zone..so I fail to see how its overrated.

FoxMulder91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 06:24 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkForest91 View Post
Tons of pople just say that hes just overrated. I dont think anyone has said he plays amazing in his own zone..so I fail to see how its overrated.
Perhaps because some think and put out there thats hes some sort od defensive stud when hes not.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

I agree with the guys who say this has turned into a player comparison thread. LA has no need for Phaneuf to begin with IMO. Even though none of their guys are that good yet, they have some guys with huge potential, and some very good prospects in Hickey, Teubert and Voinov (not sure if he is still a prospect). As far as CGY goes, i think they will be making a HUGE mistake if they trade this guy specially becasue his value is low with his off season and big contract.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Perhaps because some think and put out there thats hes some sort od defensive stud when hes not.
I challenge you to find any post like that made here on HFboards. Some may say he's improving his defensive game (which he is), but no one has called him a 'defensive stud.' He's still young and his talent is still raw, give him a few years to hone his defensive game and then everyone will be singing a different tune.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
I challenge you to find any post like that made here on HFboards. Some may say he's improving his defensive game (which he is), but no one has called him a 'defensive stud.' He's still young and his talent is still raw, give him a few years to hone his defensive game and then everyone will be singing a different tune.
completely agree... he is average in his own zone but improving

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote