HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kristo Invited to Team USA Camp

Old
06-15-2009, 12:34 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Kristo Invited to Team USA Camp

Danny Kristo has been invited to the WJC summer camp for Team USA. It's his 2nd appearance and he should be a lock after making the team last year. The camp gets under way in August and this time USA will take on Team Russia, instead of Team Finland and Team Sweden which has been the case the past few years.

Greg Pateryn was not invited this year after being invited last year (he was on the roster to be invited, I never heard if he was there or not cause people I talked to that were there did not see him) USA holds only 1 camp for the WJC's (maybe it's time to hold 2 like Canada, wink wink) so Pateryn will need to have a strong season to get consideration. Also the assistant coach is the head coach of the USNDTP, so expect continued basis from USA in picking kids from the USNDTP (Kristo is a former USNDTP but Pateryn is not)

USA has invited a lot of kids from the U-18 team, guys like Budish, Leddy, Mike Lee, Kreider, Morin, Shore, Palmieri, Lynch, D'Amigo. Cam Fowler and Jack Campbell are the only '10 eligible guys.

http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Us...1_06&id=263304

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 01:15 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Danny Kristo has been invited to the WJC summer camp for Team USA. It's his 2nd appearance and he should be a lock after making the team last year. The camp gets under way in August and this time USA will take on Team Russia, instead of Team Finland and Team Sweden which has been the case the past few years.

Greg Pateryn was not invited this year after being invited last year (he was on the roster to be invited, I never heard if he was there or not cause people I talked to that were there did not see him) USA holds only 1 camp for the WJC's (maybe it's time to hold 2 like Canada, wink wink) so Pateryn will need to have a strong season to get consideration. Also the assistant coach is the head coach of the USNDTP, so expect continued basis from USA in picking kids from the USNDTP (Kristo is a former USNDTP but Pateryn is not)

USA has invited a lot of kids from the U-18 team, guys like Budish, Leddy, Mike Lee, Kreider, Morin, Shore, Palmieri, Lynch, D'Amigo. Cam Fowler and Jack Campbell are the only '10 eligible guys.

http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Us...1_06&id=263304
great news, will trunev play for team russia

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 01:17 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
great news, will trunev play for team russia
Not sure, his team will already be in their pre-season, so they might not release him for the tournament. Havent' heard anything about the roster for Russia either, not sure if they would bring their A team or their B team like they have in the past with the remax games against the CHL.

Old
06-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Prospector

I thought Quailer could have a chance? Is he too old?

Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 01:28 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospector View Post
I thought Quailer could have a chance? Is he too old?
Too old, he's a late '89

Old
06-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Too old, he's a late '89
He's not a late-89. He's simply a 89...

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 01:35 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
He's not a late-89. He's simply a 89...
Looks like it, I was thinking he turns 20 in October for some reason.