HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor: Pronger to LA?

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2009, 01:13 PM
LAMoFoKANGS*

vCash: 500
There is just no way that Dean gives up both JJ AND our 1st for Pronger. At least I hope not.....

Old
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Strickland also reported that we were close to a deal for Heatley for Frolov, JMFJ, and the 5th just the other day.

Lombardi has a mole.
No he didn't. He said that that could possibly be the deal.

Old
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
there was a rumor that the Kings were negotiating with Anaheim about acquiring Beachemin's rights which makes a TON more sense than this whole mess.

Page 1 of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13 View Post
Holy ****.....

If Dean has been in talks with them about Beachemin, it makes sense.

The problem with this Beachemin rumor is that there is no way the Ducks are going to lose Neids and Beachemin in the same offseason. So until Neidermeyer communicates he is staying in OC, they are not letting Beachemin go.

Old
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

Please No! Dont wanna give up JJ for Pronger....

Old
06-12-2009, 01:14 PM
not tellin*

awesome, at least this friday was interesting, albeit nerve racking.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:14 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
Where is Rich Hammond?....does anyone have his cell phone on speed dial?

Whether this is real or not....Hammond will definitely say it is just a rumor and has zero chance of happening.

Like with O'Sullivan.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:15 PM
lumbergh

Quote:
Lombardi has a mole.
He should see a dermatologist. They got surgery for that kinda thing.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:17 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Unexpected to say the least...

The only way I really like this depends on how the rest of DL's Summer goes. If this is needed to attract a Hossa or Gaborik and it works then it becomes JJ,#5 for Pronger/Hossrik, assuming that Pronger being here significantly influences the decision to sign here.

While it could be argued he has lost a step, he was a monster in the playoffs this season and a Pronger/Doughty pairing would be fantastic, even without factoring in how Doughty benefits from Pronger's mentoring.

Negatives are soon-to-be UFA, 35 years old and helping the Ducks out.

Also, I hate him.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
That package had better damn well include Ryan, otherwise this is a terrible deal. Not a fan of it at all. This had better stay a rumor or I am going to cry. I hate Pronger, and I don't see how adding a 35 year old UFA defenseman for two prospects with similar upside is going to benefit us long term. The Ducks had a lot more to work with than the Kings this year and they barely squeaked into the playoffs. I don't think we are an instant playoff team just because we added Pronger. I have a really hard time believing Lombardi would do this.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
06-12-2009, 01:18 PM
redcard

every good army needs a couple of criminals?

I don't know........I just hate Pronger so much.....this would be tough to stomach..

Old
06-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Damn. My distaste for JJ was growing after this whole contract debacle, but I don't think I could ever hate him at the same level as Pronger.

I mean, he's a good player, and all, but damn...

Old
06-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
That package had better damn well include Ryan, otherwise this is a terrible deal. Not a fan of it at all. This had better stay a rumor or I am going to cry. I hate Pronger, and I don't see how adding a 35 year old UFA defenseman for two prospects with similar upside is going to benefit us long term. The Ducks had a lot more to work with than the Kings this year and they barely squeaked into the playoffs. I don't think we are an instant playoff team just because we added Pronger. I have a really hard time believing Lombardi would do this.
And then beat the #1 Team in the NHL. . .

Old
JDM
HFB Partner

Well this is a bizarre thread.

Pronger would jump start our defense. For 2 seasons.

Trading JJ to the Ducks would be really stupid. If you trade JJ, get him far away, he strikes me as a guy with a vengeful side. Last thing we need is him taking runs at Kopi every year (although maybe Pronger turns around and busts up Perry's face... that might be worth it...)

I think I hope its not true. That package is supposed to get us a forward damnit!

If it is true, well then, huh. I wouldn't say its enough to jump ship, but it is alarming and deserves a nice, long explanation void of BS. If it is true, I'll have to hope DL has a few other moves planned, and I would imagine he'll be packagine that 35th overall up into the first round if he can.

And oh yes, the obligatory, but very true, 'I friggin HATE Pronger.'

Old
Kingjordan

i am sorry if it is JJ and #5 overall for Pronger.. DL should be fired on the spot

Old
06-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Unexpected to say the least...

The only way I really like this depends on how the rest of DL's Summer goes. If this is needed to attract a Hossa or Gaborik and it works then it becomes JJ,#5 for Pronger/Hossrik, assuming that Pronger being here significantly influences the decision to sign here.

While it could be argued he has lost a step, he was a monster in the playoffs this season and a Pronger/Doughty pairing would be fantastic, even without factoring in how Doughty benefits from Pronger's mentoring.

Negatives are soon-to-be UFA, 35 years old and helping the Ducks out.

Also, I hate him.
I cannot see Dean going from a payroll of $41 million to $54 million in 1 season......getting a $6.25 million/ year Pronger and a $7 million/ year player in Hossa/Gaborik would be a very risky move by Dean......If he would even be allowed to consider it.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I'd be ok w/ giving up a package including JJ for Pronger + (Kings and Ducks both add) assuming JJ is the malcontent that he is being painted as. Otherwise, JJ and the 5th for Pronger sucks unless there is some hidden agenda like securing UFA's etc.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:23 PM
weems

Quote:
You arent implying that Johnson or the #5 pick have Pronger upside are you?

Old
06-12-2009, 01:23 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
It was supposed to read....

"JJ and the #5 overall for Bobby Ryan"

Old
06-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shef View Post
Pronger did not really reach his potential until his late 20's.....Johnson is still in his early 20's......so the answer is...yes.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:26 PM
weems

From the responses in this thread, how long do you guys plan on bottom feeding?

Holy ****, you have prolly the best prospect base in the entire NHL and are freaking out. Even with this trade being made your teams future of youth is DAMN IMPRESSIVE. Sometimes teams picking up top 5's year after year fall way too comfortable with this and are reluctant to give up any young talent ever.

Old
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
And then beat the #1 Team in the NHL. . .
Yeah, but they are a built playoff team. They are designed for the playoffs. I don't think we even make it with just Pronger. There has to be more. Gaborik or Hossa have to be in the bag for this to brighten my day. Either that or Dean turns around and deals Pronger to the Sens for Heatley. It just doesn't make sense to me. Pronger is on the opposite end of the spectrum from the whole entire team as far as age goes. I mean seriously... O'donnell, Pronger, ...? Who is next? Niedermayer? I can't fathom Dean doing this deal unless there is something more to it. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shef View Post
Are you implying that Pronger has untouchable talent and we will never see it again in our lifetime?

Old
Captain Ron

Quote:
It was supposed to read....

"JJ and the #5 overall for Bobby Ryan"
That still would not be worth it...IMO.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:28 PM
weems

Quote:
Pronger did not really reach his potential until his late 20's.....Johnson is still in his early 20's......so the answer is...yes.
Lets try to be realistic. If Johnson was ever going to be as good as Chris Pronger has been, he would have showed alot more up until this point then he has. Pronger was MUCH more impressive in his first few NHL seasons then Johnson has been. Im not trying to troll, but the chances of JJ or the $5 ever turning out to be as good as Pronger has been are VERY slim.

Old
06-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Yeah, but they are a built playoff team. They are designed for the playoffs. I don't think we even make it with just Pronger. There has to be more. Gaborik or Hossa have to be in the bag for this to brighten my day. Either that or Dean turns around and deals Pronger to the Sens for Heatley. It just doesn't make sense to me. Pronger is on the opposite end of the spectrum from the whole entire team as far as age goes. I mean seriously... O'donnell, Pronger, ...? Who is next? Niedermayer? I can't fathom Dean doing this deal unless there is something more to it. Makes no sense whatsoever.
I agree with you on this, if he's getting Pronger. . You'd think he'd also go out and get a scorer. Gaborik is looking like the #1 candidate now. . .

Old
06-12-2009, 01:30 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
That still would not be worth it...IMO.
Well that's just silly.

I'd trade JJ and the 5th for Ryan so fast the swampy feathers would fly off Ryan's jersey.

Closed Thread