HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

SCF Game 7|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Detroit Red Wings|Marbles: For Them All|JLA 8:15PM

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Bumpus

vCash: 500
"... When a man is lying in a shell hole, if he just stays there all day, a [Red Wing] will get to him eventually. The hell with that idea. The hell with taking it. My men don't dig foxholes. I don't want them to. Foxholes only slow up an offensive. Keep moving. And don't give the enemy time to dig one either. We'll win this [Cup Final], but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the [Red Wings] that we've got more guts than they have; or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-*****es, we're going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the [blades] of our [skates]. We're going to murder those lousy [Wing] ********ers by the bushel-****ing-basket. [Game 7] is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shoot them in the guts. When shells are hitting all around you and you wipe the dirt off your face and realize that instead of dirt it's the blood and guts of what was once your best friend beside you, you'll know what to do.

I don't want to get any messages saying, 'I am holding my position.' We are not holding a ******* thing. Let the [Red Wings] do that. We are advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except the enemy's balls. We are going to twist his balls, and kick the living **** out of him all of the time. Our basic plan of operation is to advance and to keep on advancing regardless of whether we have to go over, under, or through the enemy. We are going to go through them like crap through a goose; like **** through a tin horn!"

- General George S. Patton

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Old
06-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Kinguin

Anyone else with tachycardia?

Old
06-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Gold Diamond
He's done

It's been a pleasure riding this thing with you guys. I'm at a loss for words... none can truly express how I feel right now. Excited, scared.... doesn't do it justice for me right now.

I believe in this Dream. The last time the Pens won the Cup, 17 years ago, I wasn't much of a hockey fan. I've been following them almost religiously for the last 13 years, and right now the Dream is in front of us. One game for the Holy Grail.

One.

I believe.

GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
06-12-2009, 05:55 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
"... When a man is lying in a shell hole, if he just stays there all day, a [Red Wing] will get to him eventually. The hell with that idea. The hell with taking it. My men don't dig foxholes. I don't want them to. Foxholes only slow up an offensive. Keep moving. And don't give the enemy time to dig one either. We'll win this [Cup Final], but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the [Red Wings] that we've got more guts than they have; or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-*****es, we're going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the [blades] of our [skates]. We're going to murder those lousy [Wing] ********ers by the bushel-****ing-basket. [Game 7] is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shoot them in the guts. When shells are hitting all around you and you wipe the dirt off your face and realize that instead of dirt it's the blood and guts of what was once your best friend beside you, you'll know what to do.

I don't want to get any messages saying, 'I am holding my position.' We are not holding a ******* thing. Let the [Red Wings] do that. We are advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except the enemy's balls. We are going to twist his balls, and kick the living **** out of him all of the time. Our basic plan of operation is to advance and to keep on advancing regardless of whether we have to go over, under, or through the enemy. We are going to go through them like crap through a goose; like **** through a tin horn!"

- General George S. Patton

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
This is great.

LETS GO PENS!

Old
06-12-2009, 05:58 PM
invictus

It may be sad that this is the biggest day of my adult life. But it is what it is. I live and die with this team. Before I got savvy enough to find links online, I'd listen to games through the Pens website for years. I live in Kansas, it has been a lonely journey. But you guys have provided fellowship for the team I love, and that is why, win or lose, I am glad to have been here for all the good times, and the bad.

Penguins, all I can ask, is to just leave it all on the ice tonight. No regrets.

Win together today, and walk together forever gentleman.

Old
06-12-2009, 06:02 PM
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

Game 7 on the road ...

Let's go PENS !!!

Old
06-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Tek_Jansen

Send a message via AIM to Tek_Jansen
Lets Go Pens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
06-12-2009, 06:05 PM
AgentM

Great GDT again Scuds!!!

My girlfriend and I get on our flight home at 8:10 tonight so I'll be doing whatever I can to not think about the game haha. Bring home a winner tonight guys!!!!

Old
06-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Clarence Beeks

I just want to say one thing. Win or lose it's been a pleasure taking this ride with all of you. Yes, all of you. Especially those of you who were here through the darkest of dark days. We've come a long way; together. Let's go Pens!

Old
06-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Dr Turk

Go Pens!!

Old
06-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Hugh Madbrough

Let's go Pens! I have a feeling Sid is going to play the best game of his life tonight and rise above Hank/Lidstrom.

Old
06-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Trepanated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence Beeks View Post
I just want to say one thing. Win or lose it's been a pleasure taking this ride with all of you. Yes, all of you. Especially those of you who were here through the darkest of dark days. We've come a long way; together. Let's go Pens!
Yeah, even though I've hardly posted this year, I still read here just about every day. Thanks to everyone that this forum; we've got a fine bunch of humans here. It's been a pleasure reading the posts.

The minutes are crawling. Drop the ****ing puck already. Go Pens!

Old
06-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

The Kunitz, Sid, Guerin line is going to be a monster tonight.

Old
06-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Sorry

Old
06-12-2009, 06:17 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry View Post
Great flick...

Old
06-12-2009, 06:22 PM
LeTANGled58

What a season it has been guys. from our trip to sweden to the tail-spin that was our middle part of the season. here we are, game 7. no prediction, im just gonna soak it all in.

GO PENS

Old
06-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Pitt's Best #87 #66

June 12th, 1990 - Badger Bob Johnson was hired as head coach for the Pittsburgh Penguins and will eventually bring the Penguins their first Stanley Cup.

June 12th, 2009 - The Pittsburgh Penguins play Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals hoping to bring the Cup back to Pittsburgh for the first time since the 1992 season.

June 12th is already a "great day for hockey" in the minds of Pens fan but it can be better if they win tonight.

It's destiny for them to win the Cup and truly prove that it is "A GREAT DAY FOR HOCKEY." Don't forget that the Penguins have used this theme through out the year and us great people at HF boards also decided to choose it for our playoff avatars. Is it a quincedence or destiny? We will find out tonight.

LET'S GO PENS!

Old
06-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Pelican Peach Pen
BTR-ATL Pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
It may be sad that this is the biggest day of my adult life. But it is what it is. I live and die with this team. Before I got savvy enough to find links online, I'd listen to games through the Pens website for years. I live in Kansas, it has been a lonely journey. But you guys have provided fellowship for the team I love, and that is why, win or lose, I am glad to have been here for all the good times, and the bad.

Penguins, all I can ask, is to just leave it all on the ice tonight. No regrets.

I share your sentiments. I'm down here in Louisiana and people were wondering why I couldn't stop shaking all day at work today. I have enjoyed conversing with every one of you and I hope that we are all screaming and enjoying ourselves tonight. This is OUR time. This is OUR team.

The Red Empire goes down tonight.

Old
06-12-2009, 06:30 PM

Since I wish this game was on Versus. I'm gonna go ahead and post this song (even thought this particular video isn't that good, IMO).

GO PENS!!!

Old
06-12-2009, 06:32 PM
PKV Jungle Friends
Gonna Be a Gas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry View Post
No words can describe what an awesome flick this movie is...

Still get goose bumps at the end when they toss Denzel on top of Broderick in the hole...

Come on Pens, do it for Morgan Freeman!!!

Old
06-12-2009, 06:42 PM
cadow

epic commercial... it was made before we were here... that send a messege and says something,... spookie? i think not

Old
06-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Kinguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post

I know how it is, living in Brazil, almost nobody knows or cares about hockey. No hockey on TV, if it wasn't the Net, I'd be catching the results on american newspapers 2 days later.
Pens radio feed is a longtime company for me as well.
The only guys I talk about hockey is you, folks, nobody else.

And today, I had to dodge my girlfriends' bullets, because is Valentine's Day here. I had to convince her of the importance of tonight's game and ask her to watch with me, which she'll do in absolutely free obligation.

It's been a fun ride to follow the Pens with you, folks.

Old
06-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Snooki Stackhouse

Great season guys. It's crazy how long it was. September through June, if you count preseason camps. So much crazy **** happened this season.

Old
06-12-2009, 06:46 PM
WVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepanated View Post
I like to think of myself as a pretty level-headed person most of the time. But I am ****ing freaking out over here, and I have been for awhile.
Yeah, not sure I've ever had this feeling going into a game. More uncomfortable than excited.

Old
06-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinguin View Post
I know how it is, living in Brazil, almost nobody knows or cares about hockey. No hockey on TV, if it wasn't the Net, I'd be catching the results on american newspapers 2 days later.
Pens radio feed is a longtime company for me as well.
The only guys I talk about hockey is you, folks, nobody else.

And today, I had to dodge my girlfriends' bullets, because is Valentine's Day here. I had to convince her of the importance of tonight's game and ask her to watch with me, which she'll do in absolutely free obligation.

It's been a fun ride to follow the Pens with you, folks.
How did you get into hockey living down there? Are you a northern transplant?

Closed Thread