HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tomorrow's lineup news from CKAC

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Tomorrow's lineup news from CKAC

Breezy back tomorrow. Langdon, Dykhuis Dackell and Dagenais all expected to be healthy scratched tomorrow. I would guess Begin is back as well.

Souray will not be back tomorrow and didn't practice.

Also, the top 2 lines in practice today were back to what they were:

Perreault-Koivu-Zednik
Kovalev-Ribeiro-Ryder

Old
03-26-2004, 12:58 PM
CoupeStanley

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
I would prefer

Ryder-Ribeiro-Kovalev

Old
03-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley
I would prefer

Ryder-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Agreed and it may be that..they didn't say who would play what wing.

Old
03-26-2004, 01:01 PM
jcpenny

Perreault... :mad:

Old
03-26-2004, 01:04 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Speculation on the Score and Sportsnet was that Souray re-injured his left wrist...now this is nothing definate but the Habs are being very hush-hush about his injury. On the replay of where he got hurt on Wednesday you see him shake that wrist after he got hit. I hope its not that but I just thought I would prepare people for the worst!

Old
03-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Speculation on the Score and Sportsnet was that Souray re-injured his left wrist...now this is nothing definate but the Habs are being very hush-hush about his injury. On the replay of where he got hurt on Wednesday you see him shake that wrist after he got hit. I hope its not that but I just thought I would prepare people for the worst!
Well..If there one place we don't wanna see Souray Re-injurd It's Is wrist,don't know If you guys remember but souray was not so far from ending Is career some years ago when he was injured so I just hope It's not Is wrist

Old
03-26-2004, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
Perreault... :mad:
You mean Perreault :mad: :mad: , what has he done the past few games to merit playing on the 1st line....

Old
03-26-2004, 01:23 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
You mean Perreault :mad: :mad: , what has he done the past few games to merit playing on the 1st line....
LOL your right. Sometimes id like to have 5 min chat with this coach...

Old
03-26-2004, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
LOL your right. Sometimes id like to have 5 min chat with this coach...
Or with Perreault :p

Old
03-26-2004, 01:48 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Give him a break man!! ...merit to play on the first line, you mean deserves to play on the first line?
He didn't score the last 3 games but scored the 4 games in a row before. 3 games without scoring, ok let's send 90% of the team to hamilton, lol. Some fans like you (I don't point you specificely or deny your hockey knowlage) expect Perreault to score on every night or he deserves to be scratch. C'mon, can you realise that for every scoring chance Bulis have 10% of chance the puck lands in the net and Perreault will score on 45% (or more) of scoring chances.

Who would you put instead of Perreault?
Bulis? - maybe but he's not a natural scorer, his shot is not very precise and he's not a one-timer shooter like Perreault.
Bégin? He is more usefull on 3rd line.
Dagenais? - no comments
Kovalev? - yeah but what about the 2nd line, it means Dagenais back on 2nd line.

Before Katsitsyn or Perezhogin come in a year or two, Julien doesn't have the choice. Perreault scored goals not so long ago so I think he still deserves a chance on the first line.

Old
03-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Hab-a-maniac

We've got to plan what we're going to do in the future keeping Souray in mind. We can't think, oh we don't need to draft a d-man in the 1st round, trade Hainsey cause we've got Sheldon. Those thoughts will ultimately ruin us at defense. Souray will never have a healthy season, we all have to realize. He's more injury-prone than Koivu by a mile.

Old
03-26-2004, 01:49 PM
HabsoluteFate

According to RDS.ca (the brisebois article) Souray could be back Wednesday against the flyers (the team we could very well face in the playoffs)

Old
03-26-2004, 02:20 PM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
against a team like boston....i would want langdon in the lineup!

Old
03-26-2004, 02:22 PM
Sonik

I want Bégin!

Old
03-26-2004, 02:33 PM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
Give him a break man!! ...merit to play on the first line, you mean deserves to play on the first line?
He didn't score the last 3 games but scored the 4 games in a row before. 3 games without scoring, ok let's send 90% of the team to hamilton, lol. Some fans like you (I don't point you specificely or deny your hockey knowlage) expect Perreault to score on every night or he deserves to be scratch.
Hmmm, OK then, let's look at Perrault's whole season if you want to look back.

-1st 53 games, 9 goals including stretches of 9 games and 25 games without socring.
-Then, nets 7 goals in next 11 games.
-Last 3 games, 0 goals, 0 pts, 1 shot on net and a -5.

So it's not like Perrault has had a good season and has just gone "3 games without scoring." Seems to me the 11 games where he was scoring was an anomoly and the last 3 games is consistent with his play all season long.

So don't bring up his scoring 4 goals in 4 goals and try to pass it off of an indication of his play this year. He has been terrible all season long and just got on a lucky streak because he was playing with Koivu and Zed, who were ridiculously hot at the time and were doing all the work. A Panda Bear playing with bamboo could have scored 7 goals playing with those guys at that time.

Old
03-26-2004, 02:58 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber

-1st 53 games, 9 goals including stretches of 9 games and 25 games without socring.

So it's not like Perrault has had a good season and has just gone "3 games without scoring." Seems to me the 11 games where he was scoring was an anomoly and the last 3 games is consistent with his play all season long.

So don't bring up his scoring 4 goals in 4 goals and try to pass it off of an indication of his play this year. He has been terrible all season long and just got on a lucky streak because he was playing with Koivu and Zed, who were ridiculously hot at the time and were doing all the work. A Panda Bear playing with bamboo could have scored 7 goals playing with those guys at that time.
i hate perrualt as much as the next guy here but this makes little sence try looking at all the players stats in the last 3 days instead of just perrualts(sp?).
in fact ryder has been the only player who really has showed up in the last 3 games.
and no one waz saying perrualt has had a good season, but he has been playing better as of late before the lines went topsy turvy.
btw i never though i'd defend perrualt, i hate him almost as much as dagenias(sucks hardcore) but he doesnt deserve all this from some people.

Last edited by #44_delivers: 03-26-2004 at 03:03 PM.
Old
03-26-2004, 03:15 PM
BBR

Quote:
The same as koivu,zed, rib and the rest of the team.

Old
03-26-2004, 03:16 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

bottom 2 lines according to CJ himself(heard his PC on team 990)

Bulis-Begin-Ward
Juneau-Dowd-Sundstrom

Old
03-26-2004, 03:18 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan

Bulis-Begin-Ward
Juneau-Dowd-Sundstrom
Good lines. I think we are fielding the best 4 forward lines. Sounds good to me!!

Old
03-26-2004, 03:32 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:

You do have to realize tho that Perreault hasnt average 14 mins/game this year. And he's also been shafted on the 4th line for most of the year. Perreault's a sniper, but last time I checked Langdon isn't much of a playmaker. CJ knows what's best. Give Perreault another chance. He's got more points than Bulis who's played on the first line all year.
I'll admit tho that, Perreault shouldnt be resigned this offseason. We already have our centermen for next year. But he has been playing well on the left with Saks and Zednick so let's leave him there till we find a replacement.

Old
03-26-2004, 03:33 PM
deandebean

ok, from the looks of it, Claude has had the time to juggle and experience. The 4 lines he's putting up now should be the ones for the playoffs.

Claude is gearing up.

Good.

Old
03-26-2004, 03:35 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan

Bulis-Begin-Ward
Juneau-Dowd-Sundstrom
Aww :mad:
I'd rather see Sunny on the 3rd line. I think he's the most underrated player on the team. Hope Gainey re-signs him next year.
Ward does work hard tho. I guess it won't be that bad either way.

Old
03-26-2004, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo
You do have to realize tho that Perreault hasnt average 14 mins/game this year. And he's also been shafted on the 4th line for most of the year. Perreault's a sniper, but last time I checked Langdon isn't much of a playmaker. CJ knows what's best. Give Perreault another chance. He's got more points than Bulis who's played on the first line all year.
I'll admit tho that, Perreault shouldnt be resigned this offseason. We already have our centermen for next year. But he has been playing well on the left with Saks and Zednick so let's leave him there till we find a replacement.
And you have to realize that if Perreault was on the 4th line all year it was for a reason, it's not like CJ decided to bench a 30 goal scorer here, it's because we already have player who could do a better job than him...and Bulis has NOT played on the top line all year he was with Juneau and Dackell/Sundstrom for about 30 games, and put up most of his points when he was playing with Koivu and Ryder for about 25 games before he got injured, so....

Old
03-26-2004, 04:26 PM

Quote:

Habber...you've broguht tears to my eyes.... i've been trying to explain this for days to Steffan Latulippe and BBR, they want to look at Perreault's hot streak like he's now ready to continue doing that, when in the last five games he's got 1 shot on net! Like you said Perreault benefited from the fact that Koivu and Zednik were hot, he didn't creat those goals, from his hardwork, he got to ride shotgun on what was at the time the 2 hottest players in the league, that's it people, don't expect much else from him...

Old
03-26-2004, 04:40 PM
EaGLE1

Perreault-Koivu-Zednik
Kovalev-Ribeiro-Ryder

It's about time CJ reput these lines together. This is the most productive way to assemble the 2 first lines. And Bulis will be excellent on third line. Perreault on the third line is killing our team!! Perreault need a playmaker to score his goals, Bulis don't need one.

Closed Thread