HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I am in Hell

Old
06-13-2009, 02:09 AM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

vCash: 500
Just think, if Carcillo didn't fight Talbot, none of this would've ever happened.

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 02:22 AM
COMCASTMONEY
14yrs/$110m

I go to Pitt. I hear you.

But they won. One team wins each year, and this year it was Pittsburgh. So props to Bill Guerin and Max Talbot. I like those guys.

Ours will be soon.

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 02:33 AM
Cartered

Send a message via AIM to Cartered Send a message via MSN to Cartered
Right on. They have their time now, but we'll get ours.

They won the cup this season, but next season is a new year. We'll be back and I'm sure we'll be hungrier than ever now that our cross-state rivals have a new banner to raise.

Watching Pittsburgh win the Cup left a sour taste in my mouth, but we have a great team in our own right that is only a few steps away from being a contender. We can get there too, for sure.

Plus, that face that Crosby is making in the picture of him lifting the Cup is going to make for some great photoshop fodder.

Cartered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 02:45 AM
DrHamburg

I thought about what would happen if the penguins won and how horrible it would be, but honestly the cards were stacked against Detroit all series. They started the series early so they wouldn't clash with the NBA, even though they had 2 games on the same days....thus costing Datsyuk 4 games missed. Secondly, with Malkin avoiding suspension even though the rule clearly stated he should have been suspended (and i know the dude from boston/carolina series didn't get suspended but others did) and to give some credit to the pens they are a pretty talented team (even though they lost for so long and their fans didn't come to the games). So, now that they have actually won it doesn't hurt so bad.

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 02:52 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
Actually, the thought amongst most was that the first 4 games favored the Penguins because they were younger, less weary, more energy, and the Red Wings would do better off the rest late in the series, and it worked the other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarfo View Post
Just think, if Carcillo didn't fight Talbot, none of this would've ever happened.

He's thinking about that all summer. If Holmgren or Gretzky didn't get through to him, Max Talbot will when he yaps at him next year and Carcillo has nothing to say.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 03:05 AM
Cartered

Send a message via AIM to Cartered Send a message via MSN to Cartered
Yeah, Carcillo's Team Play score is definitely an F.

Sorry, was playing some NHL 09 earlier.

Cartered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 03:12 AM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

Yea lets blame Carcillo for beating the **** out of Talbot, you know, not the whole team for being so gutless and watching a 3-0 lead slip away, are we really going down this road again?

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 03:13 AM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbphilly View Post
Yeah, Carcillo's Team Play score is definitely an F.

Sorry, was playing some NHL 09 earlier.
It would be rad if Ray Emery and Dan Carcillo could fuse into one being, like that thing on Power Rangers.

It's name could be EMERILLO and it would have a sword and glowing eyes.

Old
06-13-2009, 04:49 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarfo View Post
It would be rad if Ray Emery and Dan Carcillo could fuse into one being, like that thing on Power Rangers.

It's name could be EMERILLO and it would have a sword and glowing eyes.
Bad ass for sure. But with a name like Emerillo, can it cook?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 04:57 AM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Bad ass for sure. But with a name like Emerillo, can it cook?
Emerillo's culinary abilities extend only to the making of knuckle sandwiches.

Old
06-13-2009, 05:57 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

For all the **** we give crosby, in the end he delieved the little ***** a cup. I'm so gutted

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 07:17 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

'Emerillo' reminds me more of that

than some bad ass fusion thingy.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 07:43 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
It's always fun getting trashtalked by the Pens fans with the 2008 and 2009 join dates.

1 year ago..."wow, we have a team that's really good, let me sign up on a forum and be a troll!"

Happened multiple times too with this particular guy...

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 08:50 AM
BringBackStevens

Crosby's injury must have been real bad. Poor guy, he only took 1 shift the rest of the way but lifted the cup and skated around like he just had a week off

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Superman33

Send a message via AIM to Superman33
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Crosby's injury must have been real bad. Poor guy, he only took 1 shift the rest of the way but lifted the cup and skated around like he just had a week off
I was thinking the same thing. It better come back that his leg is fractured or has a torn ligament. I can understand that the adrenaline from winning the cup allows you to skate around with it, and I did notice that he never really made it to the pile up at the horn, but still...its game 7, a one goal led with under 5 minutes to go and you are "the best player in the game". If that doesn't give you enough adrenaline to over come the pain and play, then you sure as hell shouldn't be able to skate around with the cup. I hope Babcock's comment to sid about "thats great leadership" at the end was supposed to be taken as sarcastic. This is Malkin's cup. Sid had 3 points in the 7 game final and sat on the bench with an injured leg for the last two periods of it. God I hate that guy.

Superman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 09:27 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Just for you JL...
That's ****ing amazing!

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 10:00 AM
TehBBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryTate707 View Post
Yea lets blame Carcillo for beating the **** out of Talbot, you know, not the whole team for being so gutless and watching a 3-0 lead slip away, are we really going down this road again?
This.

TehBBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Unstable

This is yesterday's news. We're 0-0 same as they are.

(Note that I am now returning to the forums after sitting out the rest of the playoffs to cool off.)

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

How can anyone blame Carcillo??

So many things went wrong. Stevens should have called a timeout when the pens scored the second quick goal to make it 3-2. The team should have not let the pens even get back in the game like that.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post

So many things went wrong. Stevens should have called a timeout when the pens scored the second quick goal to make it 3-2. The team should have not let the pens even get back in the game like that.
Cool story, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryTate707 View Post
Fascinating tale, chap.

...c'mon, guys. Seriously?

Old
06-13-2009, 03:03 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post

It's one of many factors. If Carcillo doesn't fight him, maybe we're not worrying about time outs and the sorts. There were a host of other things along the way, but that was the jumping point. But the Flyers had the momentum in that series, and up 3-0 in Game 6. Game 7 anything can happen.

Game 6 was the ultimate condemnation/microcosm of the entire season for the Flyers, not just the series, and Carcillo fighting Talbot was the dumbest thing anyone on the team did all season.

Old
06-13-2009, 03:05 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
It's one of many factors. If Carcillo doesn't fight him, maybe we're not worrying about time outs and the sorts. There were a host of other things along the way, but that was the jumping point. But the Flyers had the momentum in that series, and up 3-0 in Game 6. Game 7 anything can happen.

Game 6 was the ultimate condemnation/microcosm of the entire season for the Flyers, not just the series, and Carcillo fighting Talbot was the dumbest thing anyone on the team did all season.
That's ridiculous, it's pinning the blame on one guy for the failures of the other 18 guys who played that game.

Carcillo fought Talbot and he beat him down, the crowd was freaking rocking after that, the Flyers responded by going into a shell.

The continued blaming of Carcillo for our choke-job and effort failure is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on this board.

Old
06-13-2009, 03:11 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
That's ridiculous, it's pinning the blame on one guy for the failures of the other 18 guys who played that game.

Carcillo fought Talbot and he beat him down, the crowd was freaking rocking after that, the Flyers responded by going into a shell.

The continued blaming of Carcillo for our choke-job and effort failure is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on this board.
I was there. The crowd was already rocking, we had just scored to go up 3-0. The fight was the LAST thing we needed. The thing we needed the most was a 4th goal (which is exactly what I said right when we scored the 3rd one). We had nothing to gain from that fight. Clearly, a whole lot to lose.

Like I said it was the jumping point of a whole slew of dumb and stupid things that ultimately ended up the same way so many other games ended for the Flyers basically from Christmas straight through to the end of the season...the Flyers finding ways to lose games against other good teams, which was something that was going on before Carcillo was here.

Old
06-13-2009, 03:21 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I was there. The crowd was already rocking, we had just scored to go up 3-0. The fight was the LAST thing we needed. The thing we needed the most was a 4th goal (which is exactly what I said right when we scored the 3rd one). We had nothing to gain from that fight. Clearly, a whole lot to lose.

Like I said it was the jumping point of a whole slew of dumb and stupid things that ultimately ended up the same way so many other games ended for the Flyers basically from Christmas straight through to the end of the season...the Flyers finding ways to lose games against other good teams, which was something that was going on before Carcillo was here.
So he beat down Talbot? Big freaking deal.

I find the Carcillo thing to be a dumb frickin excuse so that we can somehow excuse the big names who just didn't show up.

We got dominated for most of that game, got 3-0 ahead based on luck, and then watched it come down around our ears, Carcillo's fight had nothing to do with the pathetic performance by the team who spent most of the game in their end and mustered a grand total of 5 shots in the 3rd period when they were down by a goal.

Old
06-13-2009, 04:00 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
So he beat down Talbot? Big freaking deal.

I find the Carcillo thing to be a dumb frickin excuse so that we can somehow excuse the big names who just didn't show up.

We got dominated for most of that game, got 3-0 ahead based on luck, and then watched it come down around our ears, Carcillo's fight had nothing to do with the pathetic performance by the team who spent most of the game in their end and mustered a grand total of 5 shots in the 3rd period when they were down by a goal.
Carcillo's fight is where the pathetic performance STARTED. His job was to provide energy to to the team and he took it away. Part of being a good player, and a good energy player is knowing when to do these types of things. The pathetic performance began with the most pathetic player on the team - not a huge surprise really. The Flyers scored a goal by Briere to go up 3-0 on a penalty on Crosby...should have been all that needed to be had.

You're right that the team also has to pick itself up, but they didn't, so you immediately have to point to where the downward spiral began in order to figure out what happened and learn how to not do that again, and it started with the Carcillo beatdown of Talbot that obviously pumped up the Penguins even more. If that doesn't happen, we're not complaining about how the team should have shown up for the rest of the game. They had the game in hand, no reason for a fight.

I was with you on this point for about a day after the game, but when I gave it a few days and took a step back, it was just another example of how the Flyers take these moral victories in proving they know how to win fights, but not necessarily win games.

I mean, the announcers saw it coming. If the announcers saw it coming and Talbot was shushing the crowd, the Flyers should have known what was going on. I mean, one reason announcers are announcing is because they're not good enough to be on the bench. They were oblivious and they bought into it hook line and sinker (it was funny to listen to Morganti the next day berate Olczyk for being an idiot too). Then it goes down the line of not calling a time out, making the bad defensive plays, Marty missing the puck that went off of Timonen, etc.