HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buy-out Kovalev's Contract!

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2004, 09:08 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Buy-out Kovalev's Contract!

I figured I'd get a head start on the type of posts we'll see until next game.

Kovalev didn't score, so he's a terrible waste of money. Forget the fact that no other Hab scored tonight, we're missing Balej's consistent production and immense potential already.

Julien should be fired for juggling the lineup, because we all know that veteran squads that are assured of a playoff spot don't rest their injured soldiers. Julien's inexperience is shining through.

Old
03-25-2004, 09:09 PM
electric

Anyone noticed the boos during the third period when he touched the puck?

It only took 8 games... dammit, what's going on? :mad: This guy scored 40 goals not too long ago, give him a chance! :mad:

Old
03-25-2004, 09:10 PM
Zednik

useless thread.

Old
03-25-2004, 09:10 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8

Kovalev didn't score, so he's a terrible waste of money. Forget the fact that no other Hab scored tonight, we're missing Balej's consistent production and immense potential already.

Julien should be fired for juggling the lineup, because we all know that veteran squads that are assured of a playoff spot don't rest their injured soldiers. Julien's inexperience is shining through.
This post is horrid. Buying out Kovalev makes absolutely no sense since he's a UFA at end of year.

Julien is doing fine. He's just trying to figure out the best combinations for the playoffs.

Balej's consistant production?!?!?! The only level he has produced it as the AHL.

And no, maybe Kovalev hasn't been the star we were hoping for, but he's still a legitimate top 6 forward and he's a valuable asset to have on a team.

Old
03-25-2004, 09:11 PM
electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
This post is horrid. Buying out Kovalev makes absolutely no sense since he's a UFA at end of year.

Julien is doing fine. He's just trying to figure out the best combinations for the playoffs.

Balej's consistant production?!?!?! The only level he has produced it as the AHL.

And no, maybe Kovalev hasn't been the star we were hoping for, but he's still a legitimate top 6 forward and he's a valuable asset to have on a team.
Sarcasm detector needs reparation...

Old
03-25-2004, 09:12 PM
HF-Addict

I don't know if this thread is supposed to make u feel more intelligent or better than the users u seemed to laugh of

I don't like the boos, but Kovalev isn't impressing, he aren't worth the money we spent right now, of course it can change, like it may not. The only thing to do is: Wait and See.

Old
03-25-2004, 09:12 PM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:

Bla bla bla, Balej consistent production, Bla bla bla buy out Kovalev and so what? Be our head coach please!

Kovalev played great in the third period and Balej is a waste of talent with the Rangers, so what can I say? Take a hot bath.

Old
03-25-2004, 09:15 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
That's why he's called a prospect , wtf .

Mike8 is saying stupid things , but it's not a reason the say stupid things too .

Old
03-25-2004, 09:17 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
AHHH COME On guys!!! I know he Is not the player we were waiting for in the past game but start to say he Is useless Is completely STUPID

Old
03-25-2004, 09:17 PM
Aarex

lol i came here ready to beak off to mike8 then i read the post, sarcasm noted.

Old
03-25-2004, 09:18 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
... so what can I say? Take a hot bath.
Or a ticket for the sauna in your neiborhood. Also a basket of flowers from Dans un jardin.

Old
03-25-2004, 09:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

It will be interesting to see what Gainey does over the summer with Kovalev and the impending lockout. Hab fans won't be too happy if Kovy's a rental at the price of 1.5M or so (what we pay of his 6.6M contract) Balej and a 2nd round pick (most likely 40th or so). But a lot depends on how far we go in the playoffs and what kind of money Kovy would sign for elsewhere as to what kind of comp pick we would get (assuming Gainey doesn't go after any big UFA's in the summer).

But the guy is such a great talent, what a skater and stickhandler. Too bad I've seen around 90% of his shots go over the net, but I think it's just been an off year for him.

Old
03-25-2004, 09:19 PM
EaGLE1

I'm not happy with Kovalev production, but wait a minute man, this tread is bull****!

Old
03-25-2004, 09:26 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

I just hate Montreal fans who booed Brisebois, Koivy and now Kovalev, people with no class. I knew this was going to happen eventualy the moment Gainey traded for him. I was against the trade but hey booing is just plain stupid, but heck what do you expect from those rednecks, mullets, mentaly challenged "fans" in Montreal.

Old
03-25-2004, 09:30 PM
FinnoHab

*goes around handing everyone a functional brain and a dictionary that just happens to have a bookmark on the page with the definition of sarcasm*

i feel for ya mike8.

Old
03-25-2004, 09:36 PM
penopekoo

If Kovalev continues to make as many great plays as he did in the last two periods of this game, he'll be scoring in no time. His two penalties were awful, but the one he drew wasn't. Not to mention the plethora of nice scoring chances and the batch of wonderfully dangerous passes. If he throws his weight around a bit more, he'll be a legitimate threat.

We shall wait until the end of the season to pass judgement.

EDIT: And by the way, I do get the sarcasm. I'm responding to the others who are panicking.

Last edited by penopekoo: 03-25-2004 at 09:42 PM.
Old
03-25-2004, 09:38 PM
hockeyman*

guys...8 games....8 frikin games, the 3rd he play very good. the first 2 he was with DOWN AND WARD...no need to comment. Then before everything was getting juggled. I believe gainey will prolly say somthing to CJ in the regards...find a line and stick with it. ok Calm down, Kovalev will prevail and bring the CUP back to its Home.

Old
03-25-2004, 09:47 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:

I didn't think anyone would come here thinking Mike8 was being serious, but apparently, I was wrong.

Can we sticky a definition of the word sarcasm?

Old
03-25-2004, 09:54 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
I didn't think anyone would come here thinking Mike8 was being serious, but apparently, I was wrong.

Can we sticky a definition of the word sarcasm?

no more stickies please!

Old
03-25-2004, 10:02 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnoHab
*goes around handing everyone a functional brain and a dictionary that just happens to have a bookmark on the page with the definition of sarcasm*

i feel for ya mike8.
I think I should have added a few smileys to indicate the sarcasm. :p

Old
03-25-2004, 10:07 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
I think I should have added a few smileys to indicate the sarcasm. :p
i got the sarcasm and i agree with you, there is nothing more sad then crazy rollercoaster fans, and sad to say we got the most in the league.
already the CJ hate threads and kovalev sucks threads have started.
for shame!

Old
03-25-2004, 10:27 PM
RE-HABS

The way I see it is the only way Kovalev will be successful is if he stays on one line!

He has come to a new team that plays a different system, plus there is a lot of pressure for him to be a go to guy. It is one thing to come in and learn a system, but to be thrown on different lines and in different situations is another. How can one develop chemistry with another if he can't stay with the line for more than 2 games?

He has played with Koivu and Co., Ribs and Ryder and tonight with Saku again and the Dowd and Ward????

He has looked best and most comfortable with Ribs and Ryder...put him back there so they can develop a chemistry and so Kovalev can adjust to the Habs system.

Plus get Perreault back with Koivu and Zednik, we need to get back to what has worked for this team to win in the past month and build on it.

Old
03-25-2004, 10:30 PM
AlexandreTheNotSoGreat

I blame the water bottle guy....*******...

Old
03-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penopekoo
His two penalties were awful,
They were? The first one, sure, but the second? Did you look at it closely? It was a hook in the same sense tapping a goalie's pads after a great save is a high stick with intent to injure. That was a horrible call in every sense imaginable. The 'hook' as it was called was nothing and didn't even slow the guy down. There are infinitely worse hooks that happen *every minute of the game* that should get called before that one. I have no clue what the ref was thinking and Kovalev has every right to be miffed.

Kovalev was one of the better players out there and the fans that booed should make their way down to the ice so everyone else in the rink can stone them. I'd assume it was one of those classy boo-birds that threw the drink into the Senators bench as well. No wonder everyone hates Montreal fans after completely moronic moves like these.

You know what? I'd trade those dorks for a pile of Leaf fans and the Toronto Sports Network playing 24/7 on a portable TV on my wrist at all times. They ruin it for everyone else and they're most of the reason people (like Kovalev) don't want to stay and play in Montreal. You know how he was saying he loved it a couple of days ago? You think he's rethinking that right now? So what happens if he starts lighting it up, liberally, and takes us deep into the playoffs scoring at a two-points-per-game pace then refuses to sign in Montreal because of the idiots?

Well, Gainey wanted a challenge...

A Steamed Fan

Old
03-25-2004, 11:27 PM
CHareth

Quote:

Another classic, my good man.

Closed Thread