so glad hossa is not a thrasher

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2009, 02:17 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

vCash: 500
so glad hossa is not a thrasher

he blows and is a choke artist at the highest level .. if he gets over 5m a year in this league then something is wrong cause i would never ever ever take this horrible big game choker back in a thrashers uniform . i dont want someone who puts up 80 points in the regular season then puts up 3 points in the playoffs and no goals in the cup games . detroit deserve to lose with that scrub on their team he is the main reason why they arent hoistin cup 2 years in a row .

id rather pay Gaborik 8.5 mil a season so even if he gets hurt he come back in the playoffs and scores 15 goals in 18 games .

congrats to sidney crosby and geno i always knew they would win before AO .

Old
06-13-2009, 02:29 AM
Shellz

I'm sure he is too.

Old
06-13-2009, 04:45 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

I reckon he was playing injured in the playoffs.

I would gladly welcome him back as a thrasher, one of my top 3 thrashers of all-time.

Old
06-13-2009, 05:34 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Marian Hossa is a world class talent, hard worker, and a great guy. He didn't choose to play for Atlanta. He didn't choose to play for Pittsburgh. Detroit is the first team he has actively sought to play for, and it's too bad he couldn't win a cup with them.

Old
06-13-2009, 07:39 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Hossa was sent to Atlanta under the worst of circumstances...He played out his contract, and was an effective player for all but the last half season he was with us. I think Waddell tried to thank him for that a bit by sending him to a contender like Pittsburgh. Then he was finally able to control his own fate by going to Detroit.

Would I want him back in Atlanta? Not really. I don't think he's a good fit for the team anymore. But, I don't hate the guy.

I was happy to see Pascal Dupuis hoist the cup, along with Bill Guerin, Sergei Gonchar and Evgeni Malkin.

Old
06-13-2009, 07:51 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

I sure wish he was a Thrasher. He is an excellent player, and was a valuable member of a SCF team two years in a row.

I was pulling for him. It is one thing to want out of Atlanta, it is another to say you want to win a cup and then pass up on many lucrative long term contracts to try to do it.

I still have a great deal of respect for him.

Old
06-13-2009, 08:08 AM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
he blows and is a choke artist at the highest level .. if he gets over 5m a year in this league then something is wrong cause i would never ever ever take this horrible big game choker back in a thrashers uniform . i dont want someone who puts up 80 points in the regular season then puts up 3 points in the playoffs and no goals in the cup games . detroit deserve to lose with that scrub on their team he is the main reason why they arent hoistin cup 2 years in a row .

id rather pay Gaborik 8.5 mil a season so even if he gets hurt he come back in the playoffs and scores 15 goals in 18 games .

You are not a very smart person.

Old
06-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Juneemoon

Random thoughts.....

Hossa played under the terms of his contract, but the very first second he was able to get out of here he was gone.

I also think it's kind of funny that Malkin got a cup before Ovechkin. And the Conn Smythe too, no less.

And two of the Staal brothers will have their names on the Stanley cup already.

Old
06-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Whaddagoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
Hossa was sent to Atlanta under the worst of circumstances...He played out his contract, and was an effective player for all but the last half season he was with us. I think Waddell tried to thank him for that a bit by sending him to a contender like Pittsburgh. Then he was finally able to control his own fate by going to Detroit.

Would I want him back in Atlanta? Not really. I don't think he's a good fit for the team anymore. But, I don't hate the guy.

I was happy to see Pascal Dupuis hoist the cup, along with Bill Guerin, Sergei Gonchar and Evgeni Malkin.
This is mostly how I feel with everything you said - except I still would welcome Hossa back if he came with genuine intentions of making right here, "I want to help make make this team a perenniel contender" (for example).

I'm pretty confident that John Anderson could figure out how to get Hossa to buy into his system sucessfully. Look at how the team played once everyone was on the same page!

That being said, I doubt Hossa will come back here, unfortunately...even though you could say his best years were with this club. That, and trying to fit his expected contract could be quite hampering

Old
06-13-2009, 11:33 AM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
I would rather not see him back here. I couldn't help but feel a LITTLE sorry for the guy last night getting shut down on a cup two years in a row on opposite teams, but I've never really liked him so it didnt last too long.

I give the guy all the credit in the world for being a good player for us and being a part of getting his two newest teams into the finals, but the way he played for us right around the time he was traded will forever leave me with a bad taste in my mouth about him.

To be quite honest I'm much happier with Colby Armstrong on our team.

Old
06-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post

I would gladly welcome him back as a thrasher, one of my top 3 thrashers of all-time.
Agreed.

I don't get all the vitriol over Hossa. He is a grown man who did everything that was required of him--he earned the right to pick which team he plays for. If I wanted to win a Stanley Cup I would have chosen DET over PIT last summer too. For crying out loud he turned down more $$ to try and win a Cup. He took the risk that he might suffer a career ending injury and be out $70 million so he could do a one year deal. Isn't that at least a little admirable?

Old
06-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Koval17

screw hossa, i hate that guy, id rather have heatley or gaborik any day

Old
06-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Every post you make reeks of idiocity. Please, for the sake of everybody else on HFBoards, stop posting.

Old
06-13-2009, 07:57 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post

Hossa says he wasn't injured.

Quote:
Hossa also addressed his conditioning in the Final:

Hossa said he was relatively uninjured during the Finals, only suffering from the usual damage of bumps and bruises. It wasn't a physical issue: It was emotional and mental. "It was definitely very tough for me," Hossa said. "I tried to avoid everything, but it's not easy. You've got lots of things going on, you try to block it, but you're only human."
More here.

Old
06-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Koval17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
Every post you make reeks of idiocity. Please, for the sake of everybody else on HFBoards, stop posting.
me?????

Old
06-13-2009, 11:11 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koval17 View Post
me?????
lol i was wondering who he was talking to as well

Old
06-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Selanne08*

umm

thrashers need more players like him

Old
06-13-2009, 11:48 PM
ArVeeDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion856 View Post
I'd consider it killing two birds with one stone.

Old
06-14-2009, 08:46 AM
VAThrasher

Funny how we all rant about how bad ownership is, yet when someone leaves for a better opportunity he becomes a pariah. I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Old
06-14-2009, 09:47 AM
KevFist
is best pony

I think most of us who wouldn't want him back are remembering back to that last half season we had Hossa, where he barely showed up at all.

Old
06-14-2009, 09:55 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
I think most of us who wouldn't want him back are remembering back to that last half season we had Hossa, where he barely showed up at all.
And he had flashes of that in the Finals. Hell, in the playoffs as a whole (23 games 6g 9a). He just wouldn't go to the net and couldn't find the extra speed. Any chances he did get, he didn't elevate and were usually easy stops. He got robbed of a goal in Anaheim by a ref, but even then, that's 7 goals. Still not a good showing.

If that's how he's going to play, I really don't want him back. That's money better spent on someone else.

Old
06-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion856 View Post
I was talking about ASF. His posts are eyesores.

Old
06-14-2009, 08:35 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post

I like Hossa and think he has gotten a raw deal. I think Gaborik is a pansy and wouldn't give him 6 million a season, much less 8.5. I'd like to see AO put Crosby's face through the glass. I don't think I can offer an objective opinion here.

But hey, I have a Magnitogorsk Malkin jersey I got before he was drafted, good to see him win.

Old
06-14-2009, 10:59 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
I think Gaborik is a pansy and wouldn't give him 6 million a season, much less 8.5. I'd like to see AO put Crosby's face through the glass.
I am Kevin Oneel, and I approve this message!

Closed Thread