HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

La - Nyr

Old
06-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Isles_Guy*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
My post is based on ignorance? No, it's based on fact.

The Rangers barely made the playoffs this year, and have the same overpaid players signed for next year, in addition to having some key RFA's to sign (including Callahan, Dubinsky, and Zherdev).

Considering how they scored only 200 goals this year and don't have the money to sign a top flight UFA forward,
no

they are not in a snag thats the point. if Kovalchuck or a player that they thought was absolutely necessary was available they would not hesitate to send Redden and say Roszival down to Hartford and boom suddenly counting Naslunds retirement and Zherdevs free agency they are 20M under the cap.

Where you are ignorant is that you honestly dont see this as possible. where if you understood the Rangers corporate ownership you would know that not only is it possible but quite probable

im not saying this is sound fiscal policy far from it in fact but not something they havent done before

check out Stephon Marbury they paid him 20M to sit on his duff. they paid Allan Houston 40M to go away. same owners. same attitude

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 06-14-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 04:50 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
no

they are not in a snag thats the point. if Kovalchuck or a player that they thought was absolutely necessary was available they would not hesitate to send Redden and say Roszival down to Hartford and boom suddenly counting Naslunds retirement and Zherdevs free agency they are 20M under the cap.

Where you are ignorant is that you honestly dont see this as possible. where if you understood the Rangers corporate ownership you would know that not only is it possible but quite probable

im not saying this is sound fiscal policy far from it in fact but not something they havent done before

check out Stephon Marbury they paid him 20M to sit on his duff. they paid Allan Houston 40M to go away. same owners. same attitude
Thank you, someone on HF Boards finally has a brain. at the beginning of the 2004 season the Rangers had a 90 million dollar payroll!!!!

As for the grievance from the NHLPA, the Rangers would be completely in their right to bury anyone in Hartford according to the CBA.

As for the Kings fans arguing why should they take on a player like Gomez, well there is a reason you have been a mediocre franchise for your entire existence with the exception of a 5 year period where you had the games best player in his prime. Gomez is a winner and I don't want to see the Rangers trade him.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 04:53 PM
ugotmybeef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
Thank you, someone on HF Boards finally has a brain. at the beginning of the 2004 season the Rangers had a 90 million dollar payroll!!!!

As for the grievance from the NHLPA, the Rangers would be completely in their right to bury anyone in Hartford according to the CBA.

As for the Kings fans arguing why should they take on a player like Gomez, well there is a reason you have been a mediocre franchise for your entire existence with the exception of a 5 year period where you had the games best player in his prime. Gomez is a winner and I don't want to see the Rangers trade him.
if Gomez is such a winner, Rangers should keep him.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 04:54 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:

Yeah, and they were horrible that season. The flaw comes from the fact that you think the Rangers can actually sign some big name. They can't.

Who's the last big free agent the Rangers signed? Drury? Shanahan? Cullen? Holik? I'm not even suggesting that he doesn't want to come there; all I'm saying is some Ranger fans are talking about it like it's bound to happen.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Yeah, and they were horrible that season. The flaw comes from the fact that you think the Rangers can actually sign some big name. They can't.

Who's the last big free agent the Rangers signed? Drury? Shanahan? Cullen? Holik? I'm not even suggesting that he doesn't want to come there; all I'm saying is some Ranger fans are talking about it like it's bound to happen.
Drury and Gomez and Redden were highly soght after and they did sign with the Rangers are you insane I seem to remember the Kings trying to sign Drury and Gomez at the time. Who exactly have the kings signed?

Old
06-14-2009, 05:33 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Redden can still compete at the NHL level? Did you see the way he was getting beaten this year? Absolutely not. He's lucky if he's a #5 at this level.
I guess you weren't watching, but it was Redden and Rozsival out there against Ovechkin because Staal and Girardi were overmatched. Redden played over 23 minutes a night in the playoffs, most on the team.

But you know better than Torts, right?

I'm sure you'll point out now that we lost the series and we didn't stop Ovechkin, blah blah blah. We didn't lose the series because we couldn't defend. We lost because we couldn't score.

Wade Redden isn't worth 6.5 million. No one is going to argue that. But if you don't think he's an NHL quality defenseman, then you either aren't paying attention, or you're allowing your bias to cloud your judgement.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Richter35

different idea:

zherdev (signed for 2 years, 3.25MM cap), 19th overall

to LA for

5th overall

yes/no, what could be worked on?

Richter35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 05:42 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Not the same thing. The buyout rules are different in the NBA. If the Rangers could buy out Redden, Drury and Gomez with no cap penalties I'm sure they would do it in a heartbeat. But their are penalties, so the only recourse would be to send them to Hartford.

But sitting Marbury for a few months until he agrees to a buyout is a far cry from sticking Redden in the minors for an entire year, or years.

You're right that it's play money to Dolan, but you're wrong if you think the Rangers can operate that way in today's NHL and there not be negative consequences.

Old
06-14-2009, 06:05 PM
cosmicnavigator

I dont think you can send them to Hartford either cause AHL teams have a cap of 10M.

cosmicnavigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:33 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicnavigator View Post
I dont think you can send them to Hartford either cause AHL teams have a cap of 10M.
There is no cap in the AHL.

Old
06-14-2009, 06:38 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
different idea:

to LA for

5th overall

Wait, you guys re-signed Nikolai Zherdev?? I would do this deal in a heartbeat..

Frolov Kopitar Zherdev would be a scary line

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:40 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
different idea:

to LA for

5th overall

Value might be there, but I think the kings would rather package the 5th for a better winger. I don't think NYR has the kind of player the kings are looking for, though Zherdev would be the closest.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Wait, you guys re-signed Nikolai Zherdev?? I would do this deal in a heartbeat..

????????

you give away a potential 90-100 Points guy for a 58 Points guy ????

For me the other teams can offer me threehundert 60 Points guys and i wouldn't agree on a deal for the 5th pick.
Even his 0 Points in the playoff are that lure to bait.
The leafs try that game since 4 Weeks

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:50 PM
VictoryRose

a package involving the 5th is either for a center, or to move up to #3 and grab the center they want.

They're not going to move valuable assets for a winger. A center, yes, but not a wing. A center is the biggest priority for LAK and there are very few decent ones going UFA any time soon.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:56 PM
funky

I wouldn't give up the #5 overall pick for Zherdev but I would give our 2010 1st rounder for him. He is not a DL player, consistancy is an issue but he is an enigma an he may just turn into a point per game player.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 07:00 PM
yankeeking

Quote:

You are right the kings have been medicore their whole assistance but thats funny coming from a ranger fan, they have been the epitome of medicore for7 decades and have only one cup to show for millions and millions they have blown, and at times have sold their souls(tradingPark/Ratelle for Espo/Vadnais) for more medicority so check the mirror before talking about other franchise.....
Quote:
Drury and Gomez and Redden were highly soght after and they did sign with the Rangers are you insane I seem to remember the Kings trying to sign Drury and Gomez at the time. Who exactly have the kings signed?
yea the G.M. tried to sign them but were out bid by the ridiculos contracts the rangers gave them, so keep trying to convince yourself you got the best of that deal, I guess you guys are so happy with them that there are threads weekly to stick some one else with those deals ....good luck with that

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
You are right the kings have been medicore their whole assistance but thats funny coming from a ranger fan, they have been the epitome of medicore for7 decades and have only one cup to show for millions and millions they have blown, and at times have sold their souls(tradingPark/Ratelle for Espo/Vadnais) for more medicority so check the mirror before talking about other franchise.....

yea the G.M. tried to sign them but were out bid by the ridiculos contracts the rangers gave them, so keep trying to convince yourself you got the best of that deal, I guess you guys are so happy with them that there are threads weekly to stick some one else with those deals ....good luck with that
i could care less im an Islander fan i was just giving a dose of truth to someone who thought the rangers cant sign a quality free agent. when you just proved they can and I admit 1 cup in 67 years is mediocre ( i believe thats what you were trying to spell) but if 1 in 67 years is bad isnt none in your entire existence even worse?

Old
06-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Richter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post

he's not signed, so i was thinking it would be a sign and trade

----to the guy that said you dont trade 60 pts players for the 5th overall---

zherdev has an absurd amount of potential. The same can be said of whatever the 5th overall pick will be.

You may have heard this before, but for Zherdev it really comes down to the coach/system and how comfortable he is. You could tell Torts was on his ass cutting his ice time, he needs more of a nurturer type (i.e. Renney whom he thrived under). If your coach is the latter, on a line with kopitar/frolov if he doesnt score at least 35-35-70 next year i'll send you a dollar.

in my fantasy world, zherdev/19th for the 5th then NYR does the following

5th (Brayden Schenn), Michal Roszival, Michael Sauer
to TOR for
7th overall (MSP), Kaberle

but thats a different animal i suppose

Richter35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 12:48 AM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Not the same thing.
But sitting Marbury for a few months until he agrees to a buyout is a far cry from sticking Redden in the minors for an entire year, or years.

You're right that it's play money to Dolan, but you're wrong if you think the Rangers can operate that way in today's NHL and there not be negative consequences.
you missed entirely the point of the post of course the rules are different between the NBA and NHL. what isnt different is that the owner will eat a contract if he feels its in his best interest

or do you forget his keeping yes off his system for a year in a fit of pique because the Yankees left MSG.. There arent enough negative consequences that you can throw at Dolan to corral him..... isnt he still fighting the NHL over the Website issue? believe me I know that the IRS has battled him for years and to his credit we can never get him. Their are people who swear he plays it fast and loose but no one has ever caught him. the guy just has the best legal minds and will spare no expense to get what he wants