HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Devils/Leafs...

Old
06-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

vCash: 500
i know we need a PMD and a 2nd line centre, but our farm is terrible as it is, I want to be a contender as much as anyone, but i would much rather get a good player at 23, and let tedenby develop and keep clarkson

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Dark Knight
#WeTheGooners

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
It's no secret that the Devils are in desperate need of a puck moving D-men and that the Leafs are in "rebuilding mode". Brian Burke likes to have hard nose players on his team and someone like Patrice Cormier fits the bill IMO. Kaberle is only making this team better and when you're rebuilding you want to be the worst team possible so you can land a solid pick.

Would this be enough to land Tomas Kaberle ???

To New Jersey

Tomas Kaberle

Vs

To Toronto

Patrice Cormier
Jay Pandolfo (salary dump)
2010 1st round pick
Why do we need to take a salary dump, when you're getting the best player in the deal, and we're not getting any impact player back in return. The only draft pick we're getting is next year, and even though I love Cormier as a prospect, I question his potential as a top 6 forward.

Either pay up, or we have no problem keeping Kaberle.

06-14-2009, 05:40 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsabil View Post
Why do we need to take a salary dump, when you're getting the best player in the deal, and we're not getting any impact player back in return. The only draft pick we're getting is next year, and even though I love Cormier as a prospect, I question his potential as a top 6 forward.

Either pay up, or we have no problem keeping Kaberle.
Kaberle is a up and coming UFA so if you guys think that Burke is getting a 2009 1st rounder + Cormier/Halischuk + Tedenby or Eckford... you guys are crazy, better yet, the GM that will give that sort of package for Kaberle is definitely off his rocker.

That's the kind of package i'd give for Pronger and Kaberle is no Pronger. Chris brings more then one facet to his game and is a proven playoffs warrior... Like many Devils poster's said, I would rather keep my prospects and picks if it means sacrifying the future.

This years pick is worth alot more then people seem to think cause the first round is almost as deep as the '03 draft IMO. Patrice Cormier is a prospect but has everything to be a NHL player... and a very good one at that. I can see adding someone like a Mark Fraser but not another bluechip prospect.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 05:43 PM
TMONT

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Haul20 View Post
No way the Devils get Kaberle without giving up atleast Parise
lol. Kaberle for Parise...AT LEAST????? over-valueing Kaberle in this post is a huge understatement.

TMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 05:44 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Kaberle is a up and coming UFA so if you guys think that Burke is getting a 2009 1st rounder + Cormier/Halischuk + Tedenby or Eckford... you guys are crazy, better yet, the GM that will give that sort of package for Kaberle is definitely off his rocker.
Kaberle isn't an up and coming UFA.

Anyways, a 1st + Cormier + Clarkson is a workable deal from my perspective. If its Tedenby instead of Cormier, Clarkson probably wouldn't have to be in the deal.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 05:59 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Kaberle isn't an up and coming UFA.

Anyways, a 1st + Cormier + Clarkson is a workable deal from my perspective. If its Tedenby instead of Cormier, Clarkson probably wouldn't have to be in the deal.
Sorry... you're right. He has 2 more years at 4.25M$ per. I'd do Tedenby + 1st round pick for the only reason that we still have a chance to win the cup with Marty around and are LW situation is pretty much under control at the moment with Parise, Elias and Rolston, who saw alot of time on our 3rd line last year but I think he's going to play on the 2nd line this season cause a 5M$ cap hit on a 3rd line isn't what Lou envisioned when he decided to ink Rolston last summer. All of those guys are all signed for another 4 years maximum (Parise will get a extension ) so Tedenby would become expandable IMO.

Kaberle has a great cap hit and would help us 5 Vs 5 but would elevate our mediocre PP like you wouldn't believe. I can see a repeat of Kaberle/McCabe with Rolston being his trigger man.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Makaveli

Kaberle,

for

Tedenby,Cormier, 09 1st

Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 08:03 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin187 View Post
Kaberle,

for

Tedenby,Cormier, 09 1st
That's pretty unreasonable.

kyle evs48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Torgo

Not really...maybe if Kabrle had a cap hit of 6mil, like most Dmen of his calibre. The Devils best puck moving Dman is who? Paul Martin? lol. If you won't give Tedenby, Cormier and a 1st, you won't get him. Cormier projects as a 3rd liner, Tedenby a 2nd liner or bust and a later 1st for one of the better puck movers in the league.

Some overrate him, but Burke would not let him go for less than Tedenby, Cormier and a late 1st. Once Brodeur and Elias are gone your team IS Parise and Zajac.

Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 06:41 AM
ghdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstocks View Post
really i thought it seemed pretty good 2nd is too much compensation for taking pandalfo though, but i definately think something around clarkson prospect and a first gets it done on both sides

nj:
kaberle
stempniak

tor:
clarkson
cormier
1st 09
2nd 09/10
pandalfo
This is the best deal in this thread and I'd take it in a heartbeat. Both players would look good in the red and black.

Stempniak would be a nice replacement if/when we lose Gionta.

ghdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Kaberle isn't getting the Devils the cup. Burke will have to find another sucker. Zajac? Please, I think not. And who ever mentioned Parise.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 09:24 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Kaberle isn't getting the Devils the cup. Burke will have to find another sucker. Zajac? Please, I think not. And who ever mentioned Parise.
whoever gets Kabs this summer will prove that sentiment wrong. If this guy plays with legit offensive players, he a lock for top 5 in d scoreing. His ability to create an odd man rush or quickly transition to offense is very elite among defenseman. It works wonders against teams trying to dump and forecheck with one guy while makeing a shift change. When he has a minute amount of space in his own zone, the puck is up the ice in a heartbeat. At 4.25 for 2 more years, that is gold. His no trade clause is opening for 7 weeks starting at the draft, someone will get a bargain price, elite PP QB.

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 09:34 AM
grabo84

I can't say this enough, but I hope we keep him. I think Burke wants that extra first round pick though, so he'll definitely want to move him for the pick + some good prospects.

Old
06-15-2009, 09:39 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
I can't say this enough, but I hope we keep him. I think Burke wants that extra first round pick though, so he'll definitely want to move him for the pick + some good prospects.
Most definitely in this year's draft.

kyle evs48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 10:38 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucic View Post
You ain't getting Kaberle without giving up Zajac.
Before the season started I would agree with you but after the season Zajac had, it would be an overpayment by the Devils.

Cormier
1st rd pick in 09
Brandon Burlon

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 10:39 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin187 View Post
Kaberle,

for

Tedenby,Cormier, 09 1st
I wish Lou got that stupid!

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

some of these leaf fans are like 5 year olds with 20 bucks in their pocket. sure they want the new video game they'll play for a while but 20 bucks is 20 bucks

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 12:20 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundin is my hero View Post
I think a deal centered around Kaberle and Stempniak or Mayers is a good deal.... maybe

Kaberle and Mayers/Stemps
4th round pick '10 (we have none this year thanks to Bettman!!!)

for
1st round pick in 2009
2nd round pick in 2009
Cormier and Pandolfo
if you meant FLETCHER than you are correct

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Tyler Myers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstocks View Post
because stempniak is younger and put up more points then both pandalfo and clarkson so he fill a hole left by their departure and gives nj reason to give up a 2nd round pick as well. i put him in the trade because i think he could be valuable to nj. also he is only signed this year where as pandalfo is signed two years not playing worth his 2.5 mil and is a salary dump.
it's not all about points, pandalfo is still half decent + he would be a good leader to the team

the whole point of adding pandalfo is top subtract 2.5 out of kaberle's contract to make things fit, adding stempniak just will not work.

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

How about:

Kaberle + Stajan

for

1st 09 + Tedenby + Cormier

Polite criticism is greatly appreciated.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 12:50 PM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
I think you meant Zajac

Kaberle + our 1st round pick +

and the Devils might start to listen for Parise.
Might. Even Kaberle + the 09 1st would probably be laughed at. Parise has 2 more years at an incredibly bargain value of 3.125 million and then he's an RFA... I'm not sure there's a more underpaid superstar in the league right now.

At the moment Parise is a GM's wet dream... especially in the world of decreasing salary caps. His line last year put up 225 points at a combined cap hit less than Campbell or Gomez (), and the lynchpin of it all was Parise. Oh, and they were a combined +88.

CloutierForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 04:44 PM
adzrne7

To Toronto:
2nd round pick 2009
Nick Palmieri winger prospect
David Clarkson

To New Jersey:
Tomas Kaberle

thoughts?

adzrne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Randal Graves
HFBoards Minecraft

Last year I was hoping for a deal involving Stajan and White but that ship has sailed after White's season. Trading the future for a guy who probably won't resign with us (Kaberle) is not something I'm personally interested in.

For those of you asking for Zajac or Parise.. quit dreaming because it's not happening for many, many reasons. One of the main ones being you obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Randal Graves
HFBoards Minecraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1614 View Post
To Toronto:
2nd round pick 2009
Nick Palmieri winger prospect
David Clarkson

To New Jersey:
Tomas Kaberle

thoughts?
Put yourself in Toronto's shoes.. do you take that deal?

I know your a Devils fan because I see you on the boards, but everyone in this thread now knows your one because you invoked the dreaded 2nd round pick proposal.

Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 06:04 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal Graves View Post
For those of you asking for Zajac or Parise.. quit dreaming because it's not happening for many, many reasons. One of the main ones being you obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about.
I should probably point out that neither were Leafs fans. The guy who said Zajac is a Bruins fan, and the guy who said Parise is an obvious troll. Most of his posts are on the Habs forum, and his only other Leafs related post was to pop up in another trade thread and propose Blake for Staal.