HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT March 26th Edmonton Oilers Vs Los Angeles Kings

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2004, 12:20 AM
Oilers Hockey

vCash: 500
Whoa, I thought Ducks fans hated us! Well, hated Lowe...therefore hated us...I should stop talking.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to have you on board!

Old
03-27-2004, 12:39 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
Whoa, I thought Ducks fans hated us! Well, hated Lowe...therefore hated us...I should stop talking.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to have you on board!
Edmonton's always been that second favorite team for me. Got the Oil hat on right now.

I BELIEVE!

Old
03-27-2004, 12:44 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

I just noticed, that the Blues have a home and home with Chicago up next. Then the biggest game of the year for the Oil when they face off. If Chi-town can win at least one game, or hold the Blues to two points out of the series, the Oil can put themselves in position to take 'em out.

Old
03-27-2004, 10:15 AM
TMWTGT

anyone know what stoll got the "illegal stick" penalty for? illegal curve? too long?

Old
03-27-2004, 11:33 AM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by capebretonoilers
Kalena , my five year old daughter wanted me to say the OILERS ROCK !!!
& her Dad has a cool Smyth jersey and her jersey is cool too !!!
Tell her she rocks too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMWTGT
anyone know what stoll got the "illegal stick" penalty for? illegal curve? too long?
No, no illegal curve. Jason Smith didn't have his stick on the play and in the heat of the moment... Stoll threw it over to him. That's a no-no and he got tagged with a penalty. (ie/ you can only pass it to another player and no throw it) Weird. I've really never seen that penalty called before but it's in the rulebook...

Old
03-27-2004, 12:16 PM
OYLer

Those darn rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
...No, no illegal curve. Jason Smith didn't have his stick on the play and in the heat of the moment... Stoll threw it over to him. That's a no-no and he got tagged with a penalty. (ie/ you can only pass it to another player and no throw it) Weird. I've really never seen that penalty called before but it's in the rulebook...
Can you imagine if players were allowed to throw each other their sticks if a fellow players broke or lost or accidently dropped (wink wink nod nod) their twigs? NHL players would be throwing their lumber like javelins out there on the ice.

I think when a player breaks or loses his own stick and grabs an opposition players stick it is illegal as well.

Last edited by OYLer: 03-27-2004 at 12:19 PM.
Old
03-27-2004, 12:33 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Can you imagine if players were allowed to throw each other their sticks if a fellow players broke or lost or accidently dropped (wink wink nod nod) their twigs? NHL players would be throwing their lumber like javelins out there on the ice.

I think when a player breaks or loses his own stick and grabs an opposition players stick it is illegal as well.
Hey. Just because I've never seen it before doesn't make it a bad rule.

I don't think the second is true. I've seen Bertuzzi lose his stick in a tangle with Adam Foote. In the moment, Bertuzzi picked up Adam Foote's stick and backhanded a pass to Naslund in front of the net for a goal. Nothing was called on that play. It's possible the refs missed the call, though. It wouldn't be the first time this year for a ref missing a blatant call.

Old
03-27-2004, 01:03 PM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Hey. Just because I've never seen it before doesn't make it a bad rule.

I don't think the second is true. I've seen Bertuzzi lose his stick in a tangle with Adam Foote. In the moment, Bertuzzi picked up Adam Foote's stick and backhanded a pass to Naslund in front of the net for a goal. Nothing was called on that play. It's possible the refs missed the call, though. It wouldn't be the first time this year for a ref missing a blatant call.
It was a missed call. Had the Avs' team captain pointed out the infraction it would have been no goal. I'm sure Foote would have wanted his stick back.
(e) A minor penalty shall be imposed on a player who deliberately knocks a stick out of an opponent's hand, or who prevents a player who has dropped his stick or any other piece of equipment from regaining possession of it.
source

Rule 45: Broken Stick has a new rule segment.

NHL Refs missing calls is like a litter of puppies relieving themselves. It can happen anywhere at anytime!

Closed Thread