HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

09/10 Avalanche Cap Numbers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2009, 03:11 PM
  #51
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Jones' cap hit:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2009...ct-numbers-in/

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 03:35 PM
  #52
AllAboutAvs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: B.C. Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekic42 View Post
Great contract. Anything under 1M was a steal for the Avs. I agree with AD on his comment about Jones getting 20 goals this year if healthy. He was on pace for 16 last year and he was getting a lot more comfortable just before getting hurt.

AllAboutAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:06 PM
  #53
Seaward*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Theodore's Pants
Country: France
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
so basically we have 11 mill to spend on 3 forwards?

Seaward* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:09 PM
  #54
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamSoda View Post
so basically we have 11 mill to spend on 3 forwards?
Which is pretty awesome...

I'd like to see the Avalanche keep $2,000,000.00 for cushion... So $9,000,000.00 for 3 forwards.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:48 PM
  #55
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Which is pretty awesome...

I'd like to see the Avalanche keep $2,000,000.00 for cushion... So $9,000,000.00 for 3 forwards.
Yeeeah, that ain't happenin'.

Foppa2118 - I took the liberty updating Vernace and Bacashihua's status since neither were qualified.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 03:00 PM
  #56
Starrlinx
Registered User
 
Starrlinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Which is pretty awesome...

I'd like to see the Avalanche keep $2,000,000.00 for cushion... So $9,000,000.00 for 3 forwards.
More like the other way around. 2.5M for 3 forwards with an 8.5M cushion, if not more if Hannan/Liles are traded.

Starrlinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 03:23 PM
  #57
Seaward*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Theodore's Pants
Country: France
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
Can't wait to see us score the lowest goal total ever for a NHL team.

Seaward* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 04:19 PM
  #58
Hercules Rockefeller
Registered User
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Nowhere
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamSoda View Post
Can't wait to see us score the lowest goal total ever for a NHL team.
The 09/10 Avs definitely have the potential to break a few franchise records.

Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 06:02 PM
  #59
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 20,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
Yeeeah, that ain't happenin'.

Foppa2118 - I took the liberty updating Vernace and Bacashihua's status since neither were qualified.
Thanks. Anyone hear any word on Cumiskey? I haven't even seen if he received a QO, but I may have missed it.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 06:22 PM
  #60
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Thanks. Anyone hear any word on Cumiskey? I haven't even seen if he received a QO, but I may have missed it.
Yes indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Dater - June 30
From a source: Kyle Cumiskey has received a qualifying offer from the Avs. He and David Jones were the two players with NHL experience who were given qualifying offers. Cummiskey made $475,000 last year, so the Avs needed to give him a 10-percent raise to retain his rights.
This insinuates that Phillipe Dupuis wasn't qualified, though I haven't seen him listed anywhere as a UFA, so maybe this was an oversight on Dater's part.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 06:23 PM
  #61
PeterTheGreat
Registered User
 
PeterTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Thanks. Anyone hear any word on Cumiskey? I haven't even seen if he received a QO, but I may have missed it.
I heard he received it, but no word yet that he's accepted it. Who knows with this organization.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 06:38 PM
  #62
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 20,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
Yes indeed.

This insinuates that Phillipe Dupuis wasn't qualified, though I haven't seen him listed anywhere as a UFA, so maybe this was an oversight on Dater's part.
Ok, I'll update it, and list Dupuis as not qualified, until we hear otherwise.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 08:26 PM
  #63
jfc64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamSoda View Post
so basically we have 11 mill to spend on 3 forwards?
And quite possibly one defensemen (Salei) could be traded leaving us with 14 million to spend on an entire second forward line! And one could only speculate if former Avs/Nordiques players could think of ending their career here.

Forsberg could elevate Duchesnes and Sundin Tucker's game

Wolski - Stastny - Hejduk
Tucker - Sundin - Svatos
Forsberg - Duchesne - Jones
McLeod - Hensick - Stewart
Stoa/Galiardi

Hannan - Liles
Preissing - Clark
Quincey - Foote
Cumiskey

Anderson
Budaj


And four million left to aquire something at the deadline (for the cup run)

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 09:25 PM
  #64
PeterTheGreat
Registered User
 
PeterTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
And quite possibly one defensemen (Salei) could be traded leaving us with 14 million to spend on an entire second forward line! And one could only speculate if former Avs/Nordiques players could think of ending their career here.

Forsberg could elevate Duchesnes and Sundin Tucker's game

Wolski - Stastny - Hejduk
Tucker - Sundin - Svatos
Forsberg - Duchesne - Jones
McLeod - Hensick - Stewart
Stoa/Galiardi

Hannan - Liles
Preissing - Clark
Quincey - Foote
Cumiskey

Anderson
Budaj


And four million left to aquire something at the deadline (for the cup run)
Sundin and Forsberg are both semi retired. They are done. Plus Tucker on the 2nd line is disgusting.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 04:22 PM
  #65
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,974
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post

I'd like to see the Avalanche keep $2,000,000.00 for cushion... So $9,000,000.00 for 3 forwards.
You guys dont get it....the Avs are cutting salary. Why else would they have traded Smyth? It was obviously someone from above telling Sherman to slice payroll. If the team is going to be bad, might as well be cheap is whats going through Kroenke's mind, im sure of it.

So obviously they wont take Smyth's cash and re-invest it into the free agency market. The only way i see the Avs adding more players worth anything are on good RFA's from other teams...players with good skill under the age of 25. And with the compensation being draft picks for signing other teams RFA's, i highly doubt that happens.

I'd say for now our roster for next season is fairly set....maybe one more depth forward for around a mil or two, and moving a dman, thats it.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 04:25 PM
  #66
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 30,334
vCash: 500
Frankly I don't see the point in them spending money on free agents this off season either. I'll take the high pick and greater flexibility when the cap shrinks next season rather than finishing 10th.

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 04:42 PM
  #67
NWAvsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Frankly I don't see the point in them spending money on free agents this off season either. I'll take the high pick and greater flexibility when the cap shrinks next season rather than finishing 10th.
This. If someone with good leadership can be signed on a one year deal then go for it. I could also see one year contracts for reclamation projects. Otherwise roll with what you got.

BTW - It is pretty clear now why we wanted a true tough guy.

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2009, 08:52 PM
  #68
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,043
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvsFan View Post
BTW - It is pretty clear now why we wanted a true tough guy.
To give the fans at least some type of product to watch on the ice?

j/k. well, maybe.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2009, 11:13 PM
  #69
kevy138
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Oddly enough, I am looking forward to seeing the Avs become sellers at the trade deadline instead of throw away the future in an attempt to reach the playoffs. This year, we will be shopping Foote, Salei, and Hejduk at a minimum (they are all in the last year of their contracts) and I can't wait to see what picks or prospects we can pick up for them.

One example of why this is a good thing:

When we got Foote back from Columbus a few years ago we ended up giving them the following.
  • 1st round pick in 2008 (which was later traded to Philly and they used to select Luca Sbisa)
  • 4th round pick in 2009 (which Columbus used to pick David Savard, only time will tell if that matters)

Don't get me wrong, I like Foote as much as the next guy. However, losing out on the chance to draft a yound player as talented as Sbisa really hurts the longevity of our success. So far I really like what Sherman has been doing in the off season to put us in a better place a couple of years down the road. In today's salary cap NHL you really need to build from within to have long term success.

kevy138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 12:16 AM
  #70
Avsboy
Registered User
 
Avsboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,033
vCash: 500
I'd only want to see Hejduk traded if it involved a mid 1st round pick...not a late 1st rounder. A mid 1st round pick.

...and then some

Avsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 10:57 AM
  #71
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense
 
ABasin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevy138 View Post
Oddly enough, I am looking forward to seeing the Avs become sellers at the trade deadline instead of throw away the future in an attempt to reach the playoffs. This year, we will be shopping Foote, Salei, and Hejduk at a minimum (they are all in the last year of their contracts) and I can't wait to see what picks or prospects we can pick up for them.

One example of why this is a good thing:

When we got Foote back from Columbus a few years ago we ended up giving them the following.
  • 1st round pick in 2008 (which was later traded to Philly and they used to select Luca Sbisa)
  • 4th round pick in 2009 (which Columbus used to pick David Savard, only time will tell if that matters)

Don't get me wrong, I like Foote as much as the next guy. However, losing out on the chance to draft a yound player as talented as Sbisa really hurts the longevity of our success. So far I really like what Sherman has been doing in the off season to put us in a better place a couple of years down the road. In today's salary cap NHL you really need to build from within to have long term success.
I agree with everything, except that you said 'oddly enough'. Why do you feel it's odd? It's exactly what a rebuilding team should do.

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 10:59 AM
  #72
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense
 
ABasin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsboy12345 View Post
I'd only want to see Hejduk traded if it involved a mid 1st round pick...not a late 1st rounder. A mid 1st round pick.

...and then some
Yeah, I agree. But, the problem here is that any team the Avs trade Hejduk to at the deadline would likely be a contending team, thus their 1st would be a bottom 1st. Given that, the '...and then some' part of the trade needs to be a good roster player or a good existing prospect. Plus the 1st.

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 11:08 AM
  #73
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Yeah, I agree. But, the problem here is that any team the Avs trade Hejduk to at the deadline would likely be a contending team, thus their 1st would be a bottom 1st. Given that, the '...and then some' part of the trade needs to be a good roster player or a good existing prospect. Plus the 1st.

-AB
That assumes management can persuade him to waive his no trade clause.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 03:48 PM
  #74
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense
 
ABasin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekic42 View Post
That assumes management can persuade him to waive his no trade clause.
I don't know that it'd be all that hard. "Milan, we're not going to re-sign you anyway, so you're leaving Colorado in a couple of months one way or the other". Or perhaps some push indicating how open they'd be to signing him this coming Summer if he helps the team and waives the clause now, ala Keith Tkachuk.

Who knows what happens behind closed doors, but guys have waived these clauses before.

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 04:11 PM
  #75
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 13,017
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
I don't know that it'd be all that hard. "Milan, we're not going to re-sign you anyway, so you're leaving Colorado in a couple of months one way or the other". Or perhaps some push indicating how open they'd be to signing him this coming Summer if he helps the team and waives the clause now, ala Keith Tkachuk.

Who knows what happens behind closed doors, but guys have waived these clauses before.

-AB
Now that would be the way to go. Get the pick & prospect(s), and then resign the Duke in the summer.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.