HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Zetterberg v. Crosby

View Poll Results: Henrik Zetterberg v. Sidney Crosby
Henrik Zetterberg 97 20.08%
Sidney Crosby 386 79.92%
Voters: 483. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-17-2009, 03:01 AM
Michael Scofield

vCash: 500
Yeh..Sid

Michael Scofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

Zetterberg is one of the best players in the league, but if I'm taking anybody over Crosby that plays for Detroit it would be Datsyuk, and that's no slight to Z.

Zetterberg did a marvelous job on Crosby, but I remember Crosby setting Guerin and Kunitz up a few times perfectly and they couldn't hit the wide open cage or rang it off the post. Osgood robbed Crosby a couple times as well. With that said Zetterberg had a post of his own in Game 6.

Zetterberg is one of the top players in the league but I'll take Crosby because he is a consistent 100 point producer when healthy and while he did get "shut down" against Zetterberg, it wasn't just him. Detroit as a whole is a superior team defensively in all aspects than Pittsburgh, and let's not forget that Crosby's wingers are a significant drop-off than what Zetterberg works with. Even with his 3 points in 7 games in the finals Crosby had 31 points in the playoffs which speaks volumes. Detroit was the only team that could contain Crosby this year and I think only Anaheim has the defense to potentially have similar success.

There aren't many guys I'd choose ahead of Zetterberg, but Crosby is definitely one of them.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:13 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaWrista View Post
I don't know if you can even compare the two because they're so bloody different. Zett is a top flight, shut down center/finesse playmaker, while Crosby is a better face-off man, more of a scrapper/way better along the boards and relied on as a top scorer night after night. Different but equal?
Not the most defining argument available, and there are tonnes of exceptions out there (Finger 4M, etc), but if both players were making the league's max salary, I would guess the guy with Crosby figures he's getting better value.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 06:39 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by albo23 View Post
It's funny how you absolutely suck nuts at reading and have no argumentative stance other than to base yourself away from the current situation and have your mind completely devoid of the actual subject.

Honestly, you saying that is like asking a GM who would you rather have? Nicklas Lidstrom or Jay Bouwmeester? Zetterberg is obviously better as was seen in the finals when Hank shut down Crysby single-handedly but you would be pretty foolish not to take the worse younger player because he still has some gas left in the tank.
It's funny how you absolutely suck nuts at making lame polls...

No professional hockey mind would take Zetterberg over Crosby. I don't care about what lame little stipulation you try to put in your poll to even things out in Zetterberg's favor.

Please... as I said, not one GM would take Zetterberg or Datysuk over Crosby.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 06:47 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aislephive View Post
Zetterberg is one of the best players in the league, but if I'm taking anybody over Crosby that plays for Detroit it would be Datsyuk, and that's no slight to Z.
Zetterberg was considered a playoff bust up until last season... as well as Dats, who in all reality has only had one good playoff season in his career.... so the jury is still out on Dats.

I'd take Zetterberg because he has at least proven he can show up two years in a row.

If you put aside 2008, Dats has essentially been a bust in the playoffs.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 12:31 PM
JeffForsberg21

Quote:
It's funny how you absolutely suck nuts at reading and have no argumentative stance other than to base yourself away from the current situation and have your mind completely devoid of the actual subject.

Honestly, you saying that is like asking a GM who would you rather have? Nicklas Lidstrom or Jay Bouwmeester? Zetterberg is obviously better as was seen in the finals when Hank shut down Crysby single-handedly but you would be pretty foolish not to take the worse younger player because he still has some gas left in the tank.
Guy Carbonneau managed to shut down Peter Stastny a whole serie back in the 80's and Carbo is not a better player than Stastny, what's your point ? And I am sure that many other exemples like that can be found

BTW, come on you look so childish to call him Crysby, his name is Crosby.

JeffForsberg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Hell Yeah!!!

When the question during the SCF is can Zetterberg and the Wings shut down Crosby...well I think that tells you the answer.

Hell Yeah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 01:23 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Anyone who can honestly say, without any Crosby bias getting in the way, that they would take Zetterberg is delusional.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 01:55 PM
IBLeaf*

Z is the better overall player.. which is what the poll asks.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Syrinx
Heh...

vCash: 50
Quote:

Seriously? You resort to that?

It is hyper-idiotic to start a poll and ask a legitimate question and then whine like a little girl when things don't go your way. Don't ask a question if you may not like the answer if you're that thin-skinned.

BTW - This has nothing to do with age. Crosby is better. It's simple. There are a handfull of people who think otherwise because Zetterberg (sp?) is their boy or they don't like Crosby. There is a reason Crosby/Malkin/Ovechkin are talked about as the big three. By everyone.

Last edited by Syrinx: 06-17-2009 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Clarification
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Nordic*

More impact = Crosby

Better over all player = Zetterberg

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:23 PM
RoninsRevenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
More impact = Crosby

Wouldn't you take the guy who makes the bigger impact?

RoninsRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:35 PM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Mr Jiggyfly> View Post
Zetterberg was considered a playoff bust up until last season... as well as Dats, who in all reality has only had one good playoff season in his career.... so the jury is still out on Dats.

I'd take Zetterberg because he has at least proven he can show up two years in a row.

Only by people who didn't know any better. Z had 12G and 20P in the 24 playoff games in '06 and '07. Hardly bust numbers. He has the most NHL playoff goals and points since the lockout.

norrisnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Lemond23*

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Mr Jiggyfly> View Post

So was Malkin.

Quote:
so the jury is still out on Dats
He has already won one Selke and will almost certainly win it this year, and he's up for the Hart, unlike Crosby. The jury is still out?

Lemond23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Lemond23*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninsRevenge View Post
That's not what the poll is asking is it? Zetterberg is a better overall player although Crosby is probaly the 3rd best offensive player in the game right now.

Old
06-17-2009, 06:17 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

I bet 29 GM's say Crosby.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Lemond23*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
But the GM that would say Zetterberg has 4 Stanley Cup championship rings.

Old
06-17-2009, 07:47 PM
JSF1921

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninsRevenge View Post
No, he'd rather take the Swede. Every single time.

JSF1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

i cant believe 50 people took zetterberg.....

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 08:33 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
More impact = Crosby

lol not hard to tell you are from Sweden!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 08:36 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemond23* View Post
But the GM that would say Zetterberg has 4 Stanley Cup championship rings.
And Zetterberg was only in on 1 of those.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemond23* View Post
That's not what the poll is asking is it? Zetterberg is a better overall player although Crosby is probaly the 3rd best offensive player in the game right now.
I think it's pretty obvious that, while Zetterberg may be the better defensive player, the better player overall (meaning EVERYTHING taken into consideration) is Crosby. Obviously there are two differing opinions being argued here, but the landslide vote and conversations around the world of the "Big 3" (which don't even include Datsyuk, btw let alone Zetterberg), should give you a hint that maybe, MAYBE you're fighting from an extremely homerish standpoint and that your opinion is more than slightly biased. Maybe.

edit: but we're talking top-tier players here, so the difference isn't so great and you don't have to feel so defensive/disappointed that Zetts isn't quite considered to be on the level of those other guys.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 06-17-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:14 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Toss up. Crosby didn't do much in the finals and Zetterberg didn't do too much either, so it's hard to say.

Hard to compare players in different conferences.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 11:51 PM
richardn

One of the worst polls ever. This is not even worthy of a poll. Crosby wins this one and it isn't even close. Crosby is the youngest captain in NHL history to win the cup. With out Crosby they would have lost to Washington. Their are only two other players in this league to make the poll interesting and Zetterberg isn't one of those players.

richardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
I bet you're wrong. I bet 30 would, easily.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote